The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Everybody just be cool...(picked up our TM)

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
Feel like I need to be the voice of reason, or just subtly brag that we've picked up out Trialmaster and love the vehicle. Drove three hours to the dealer and split the drive home in half so we could meet my sister for dinner and a delicious soft pretzel!

My impressions coming from a 2021 LR Defender HSE -

Pros:
- Hard to not bring up the looks/design. To my eyes it's beautiful, my wife got a kick out of the one guy that turned around to talk to us when we parked.
- Solid build quality and feel. Everything about the Grenadier feels stout. No it's not covered in leather like our LR was but the 'robust-ness' is there.
- Seats and seating postion are great. at 6'2" I fit much better into the Grenadier than I did in the Defender. Fewer blind spots and I can actually see out of it rather than being cocooned in it. The seats themselves are very comfortable and supportive. Nicely bolstered as well. Much more comfortable than my Defenders seats.
- Safari windows - just make the vehicle seem more open for lack of a better description.
- Plenty of power from the engine. I don't notice anything lacking (had the bigger engine in the Defender as well)
- Steering - for all the talk it was easy to get used to it. Takes a lighter input than other cars and I can practically turn the wheel with two fingers.
- Visibility - with the design of the front I feel like I can see exactly where the front corners are.
- Side Steps - I had a classic case of paralysis by analysis here. I like them on the vehicle and they look good in person. May one day upgrade to a rock slider with a step but these will likely be just fine and they're functional.

Cons:
- ADAS - (feel like I need to say something here) IT'S REALLY NOT A BIG DEAL. Yes its annoying when it alerts, but we quickly turned it off and I'll configure the favorite button to make it easier. People just need to calm down on this one, they'll update the system on the next service and was told that someone has already removed the fuse on theirs to eliminate it. I'm sure there will be a fix soon, either from the factory or aftermarket/forum. Would certainly not allow something like this to keep me from buying the car
- Steering - again you get used to it pretty quick. It drives almost identically like our GWagon (2015 model). And it drives like a solid axel truck - which it is. If someone is looking for a more luxerious and 'removed' driving experience then it's probably more apparent. I haven't driven a Jeep in forever and haven't driven a Bronco but I'd imagine it's a similar experience.
- Stereo - I knew this going in but it's not as nice as the 15ish speaker system in the Defender. But it works fine and I may upgrade it down the line with better speakers
- Rear view visibility - My drive home was in the dark through Charlotte traffic. Not a great view out the back (Defender was similar). But with the better sightlines out of the car from the drivers seat I didn't feel unsafe. May look into the rear camera mod as I had the ClearView mirrior camera on the Defender and it was helpful.

I'll likely add some more as we get some more experience, but this was my experience. Unfortunately we arrived at the dealer as the sun was setting so I'm comfortable saying it was the worst case scenario for picking up a new car. Then driving back through a major city with it's exciting traffic. It does have a certain presence in person and it's unique from everything else out there. Looking forward to spending the day (and daylight) crawling around the car and learning. For what it's worth - I have zero regrets from selling my Defender (which was a great vehicle) and picking up the Grenadier. I approached the Grenadier with an eyes wide open approach so perhaps that's some of the difference between my take and some others. The pretzel and beer cheese last night only made it better.

(and calm down over the ADAS)

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg
IMG_0443.jpgIMG_0442.jpgIMG_0455.jpg

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I expect my experience will be much the same. Thanks for posting and enjoy!

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, she's a beaut.

NOLA Grenadier

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for the photos. That is a great color!

Regarding your comment on the stereo, does your Grenadier have the premium sound system?

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
Feel like I need to be the voice of reason, or just subtly brag that we've picked up out Trialmaster and love the vehicle. Drove three hours to the dealer and split the drive home in half so we could meet my sister for dinner and a delicious soft pretzel!

Cons:
- ADAS - (feel like I need to say something here) IT'S REALLY NOT A BIG DEAL. Yes its annoying when it alerts, but we quickly turned it off and I'll configure the favorite button to make it easier. People just need to calm down on this one, they'll update the system on the next service and was told that someone has already removed the fuse on theirs to eliminate it. I'm sure there will be a fix soon, either from the factory or aftermarket/forum. Would certainly not allow something like this to keep me from buying the car

-------------------------

Nice review. Glad you like it, and great color. Regarding ADAS, I think it is a big deal and its something that we need to keep elevated for it to get attention. It's not a dealer issue, and the dealers want it to go away as much as we do. Awareness, to the dealers, and online, are what will hopefully get attention and a software resolution. Otherwise, we will be dealering with this every single time we start the car.

Last edited:

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Pros:
- Hard to not bring up the looks/design. To my eyes it's beautiful, my wife got a kick out of the one guy that turned around to talk to us when we parked.
- Solid build quality and feel. Everything about the Grenadier feels stout. No it's not covered in leather like our LR was but the 'robust-ness' is there.
- Seats and seating postion are great. at 6'2" I fit much better into the Grenadier than I did in the Defender. Fewer blind spots and I can actually see out of it rather than being cocooned in it. The seats themselves are very comfortable and supportive. Nicely bolstered as well. Much more comfortable than my Defenders seats.
- Safari windows - just make the vehicle seem more open for lack of a better description.
- Plenty of power from the engine. I don't notice anything lacking (had the bigger engine in the Defender as well)
- Steering - for all the talk it was easy to get used to it. Takes a lighter input than other cars and I can practically turn the wheel with two fingers.
- Visibility - with the design of the front I feel like I can see exactly where the front corners are.
- Side Steps - I had a classic case of paralysis by analysis here. I like them on the vehicle and they look good in person. May one day upgrade to a rock slider with a step but these will likely be just fine and they're functional.

Cons:
- Steering - again you get used to it pretty quick. It drives almost identically like our GWagon (2015 model). And it drives like a solid axel truck - which it is. If someone is looking for a more luxerious and 'removed' driving experience then it's probably more apparent. I haven't driven a Jeep in forever and haven't driven a Bronco but I'd imagine it's a similar experience.
- Stereo - I knew this going in but it's not as nice as the 15ish speaker system in the Defender. But it works fine and I may upgrade it down the line with better speakers
- Rear view visibility - My drive home was in the dark through Charlotte traffic. Not a great view out the back (Defender was similar). But with the better sightlines out of the car from the drivers seat I didn't feel unsafe. May look into the rear camera mod as I had the ClearView mirrior camera on the Defender and it was helpful.

I'll likely add some more as we get some more experience, but this was my experience. Unfortunately we arrived at the dealer as the sun was setting so I'm comfortable saying it was the worst case scenario for picking up a new car. Then driving back through a major city with it's exciting traffic. It does have a certain presence in person and it's unique from everything else out there. Looking forward to spending the day (and daylight) crawling around the car and learning. For what it's worth - I have zero regrets from selling my Defender (which was a great vehicle) and picking up the Grenadier. I approached the Grenadier with an eyes wide open approach so perhaps that's some of the difference between my take and some others. The pretzel and beer cheese last night only made it better.

View attachment 7836021

View attachment 7836056
View attachment 7836057View attachment 7836058View attachment 7836059
"Carolina Blueish" :love:
I selected the 2 tone seat for my "Queen's Red" too! They brighten up the interior so much!
I'll be on the look out for you on the Highways!
Cheers!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Regarding your comment on the stereo, does your Grenadier have the premium sound system?
Hi NOLA Grenadier, Trialmasters have a second battery and not the premium sound system. DaBull

Mdubs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was this pickup from Triad in NC? I'm starting to get impatient for mine!

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
I feel like I have missed something, what is ADAS?

OP, your experience is much like mine. The issues so discussed online like the steering, turning circle and the rhd footwell bump are complete non-issues to me.

And, coming from a van, the stereo is fabulous 😂

Enjoy!

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Pros:

Cons:

View attachment 7836021

View attachment 7836056
Call me crazy, but I am a sucker for a good pretzel. 🥨

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Nice pretzel. Some viewers of your pictures would appreciate if you kept your camera properly level when taking photos. When something like that happens, just delete it and take another. Thanks.

(This comment is for those that are open to learning to do some things better without getting bent out of shape from reading positive helpful constructive suggestions. No offense intended. All others, well it's just swooosshhh...).

Last edited:

YinzerTX

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score

Pros:

Cons:

View attachment 7836021

Pros:

Cons:

View attachment 7836021

View attachment 7836056
Congrats!! As you mentioned - the ADAS is not a huge issue and you seem reasonable about it. One thing you can do until there is a software update (hopefully) is you can go in to the audio settings and reduce/turn off the notification/alerts sounds. And those do NOT reset on power cycles. Enjoy your new rig!!!

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
@Andiamo could you possibly take a picture of your payload sticker and list your trim level and factory installed options? Thanks…oh BTW I love ❤️ your color choice. I ordered eldoret blue as well.

Last edited:

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Just the standard stereo. Went with the Trialmaster for the dual battery setup as that’s something I just don’t have the time/knowledge to do on my own. Figured I could always upgrade the stereo later. It’s not bad as is though, but going from 12-15 speakers to 4 was going to be at least somewhat noticeable.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was this pickup from Triad in NC? I'm starting to get impatient for mine!
Yes it was! They had a bunch of Grenadiers on the lot (30ish) on the lot. The manager said they’re waiting for some accessories so some people are likely waiting to pick theirs up. They were good to work with though!

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it was! They had a bunch of Grenadiers on the lot (30ish) on the lot. The manager said they’re waiting for some accessories so some people are likely waiting to pick theirs up. They were good to work with though!
Could you elaborate more on "They were good to work with though!" Communication has been extremely sparse. Being a Bentley dealership, can't imagine the same level of communication with Bentley purchasers being tolerated. We are forced to deal with it being initial reservation holders as no choice on dealers. Also, who was your sales agent?
PS - a bit puzzled as to why/how Triad was your dealer and not Regal if you drove back thru Charlotte? Apologies but I have a mind that likes to "know the whys/ answers" 😉
Thank you - Tremendously appreciate it.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
I feel like I have missed something, what is ADAS?

OP, your experience is much like mine. The issues so discussed online like the steering, turning circle and the rhd footwell bump are complete non-issues to me.

And, coming from a van, the stereo is fabulous 😂

Enjoy!
ADAS is all the advanced safety systems such a lane departure, over taking of other vehicles, etc. very common in UK now but fortunately, not on the 23 MY Grenadier

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Pros:

Cons:

View attachment 7836021

View attachment 7836056
Congrats and thanks for the update, get mine on Tuesday in St Petersburg Fl

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Good looking Grenadier! I really like the Eldoret Blue. A dealer I visited the other day said that it's becoming one of the more popular colors (Donny Grey still takes 1st place).

Maybe it's my eye or just the camera angle but the front bumper looks kinda like the European version maybe?

Back
Top Bottom