The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sir Jim doesn't like the front design?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
Personally think the steel bumper with bull bar looks fantastic! I hope we're going to be able to order them in to the US.

Do you think factory spec'd ones have different front springs or are those bars not heavy enough to warrant an upgrade?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Personally think the steel bumper with bull bar looks fantastic! I hope we're going to be able to order them in to the US.

Do you think factory spec'd ones have different front springs or are those bars not heavy enough to warrant an upgrade?
It was posted in another thread that the Bull bar was only crash tested for Australia.

You should be fine with stock springs and the bull bar. I was told all the USA test drive vehicles with winches were on standard (no uprated) springs.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It was posted in another thread that the Bull bar was only crash tested for Australia.

You should be fine with stock springs and the bull bar. I was told all the USA test drive vehicles with winches were on standard (no uprated) springs.
I knew they weren't crash tested here which is why we can't spec from IA, but I'm hoping we can get our hands on them. I've never been a fan of most bars but I think this one hits the sweet spot.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score

The word from Ineos was yes it does change the spring rate when you option the bar and again if you option the winch.
It only weighs 40kg but they say you can add another dynamic load of 150kg onto it.
As it is hanging out in front of the springs this would impact the load more and mean a suspension change would be good.

1686161232321.png

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
The word from Ineos was yes it does change the spring rate when you option the bar and again if you option the winch.
It only weighs 40kg but they say you can add another dynamic load of 150kg onto it.
As it is hanging out in front of the springs this would impact the load more and mean a suspension change would be good.

View attachment 7815257
Theoretically then the UK plastic bumpers should have a marginal better fuel consumption that its steel counterparts. But there again nobody drives around with a completely empty vehicle.
I have a habit of not letting my vehicles fuel drop much below a third of fuel. That's my 40kg back.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Theoretically then the UK plastic bumpers should have a marginal better fuel consumption that its steel counterparts. But there again nobody drives around with a completely empty vehicle.
I have a habit of not letting my vehicles fuel drop much below a third of fuel. That's my 40kg back.
I am guessing the owners on here range from 80kgs to 160kgs in weight, then if you add a similar passenger the weight of the bar becomes irrelevant.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7815257
I would live to purchase that roo bar. We have way too many white tailed deer in my area. Always put a non-SRS ARB on my coil-sprung LR's for that exact reason.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
I am guessing the owners on here range from 80kgs to 160kgs in weight, then if you add a similar passenger the weight of the bar becomes irrelevant.
🤔 but the bar normally doesn’t vanish just because there is an extra passenger on board.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7815257
Bear in mind that the 40kg stated for the bullbar is on top of the additional weight of the steel bumper versus the plastic.

Back
Top Bottom