The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sir Jim doesn't like the front design?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
Black humor indeed ... but indeed a horrible discussion.
Steel bumper in Europe? Not needed. (IMHO)
The difference at 20 km/h or 30 km/h is worth the law for a plastic bumper.
In Australia it is perhaps different, been there, the first Kangaroo's I saw were "flat" Kangaroo's. Can happen in Europe too of course, but more often with pedestrians than with deer.

I completely agree with 30km/h speed limit in towns (in several major cities in my country), even at night.
Wombats do the most damage to car bumpers.
These are the insurance claim figures from one insurer in one state - RACV in Victoria

1673987613751.png1673987732395.png1673987771149.png

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
Black humor indeed ... but indeed a horrible discussion.
Steel bumper in Europe? Not needed. (IMHO)
The difference at 20 km/h or 30 km/h is worth the law for a plastic bumper.
In Australia it is perhaps different, been there, the first Kangaroo's I saw were "flat" Kangaroo's. Can happen in Europe too of course, but more often with pedestrians than with deer.

I completely agree with 30km/h speed limit in towns (in several major cities in my country), even at night.
Steel bumper "not necessary". I see it differently. I really appreciated the bumper on my Defender. It knocked down small bushes and shrubs with me. With my Disco, I have to get out partly to cut it off by hand.

And 30 km/h in cities is also sometimes a nuisance. I always say, I can get out of the car and push it. Of course, I adjust the speed where necessary.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Steel bumper "not necessary". I see it differently. I really appreciated the bumper on my Defender. It knocked down small bushes and shrubs with me. With my Disco, I have to get out partly to cut it off by hand.

And 30 km/h in cities is also sometimes a nuisance. I always say, I can get out of the car and push it. Of course, I adjust the speed where necessary.
OK, I did hit a dog in my own street, and my "plastic" bumper was damaged.
OK, I don't want to push branches or trees with a plastic bumper ... I would prefer steel of course. My car is full of scratches because of that ...
I agree with the nuisance of the 30 km/h speed limit in a city: my father, who was born before speed limits were invented (1927) and was a very good driver until he got old said: "no deaths on the road?. I know the solution: speed limit 0 km/h" :ROFLMAO:
But what's the problem with driving 30 km/h in the city? Driving in the city or on the motorway is no fun (for me).
Driving in the forest, small roads, mountains, off-road, ... that is driving!

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket front bumper out there yet? I'm sure ARB will be producing one.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I was to have a Roo/Bull bar I would prefer the wider bumper and set the rear of the roo bar back a little bringing the top section forward just to push whatever down and to stop anything rising over it...hopefully...good in theory...but a kangaroo can literally jump over your bonnet... I will wait for the aftermarket ARB or TJM boys to show their wares...can't wait

Attachments

• DVD22-0-102.jpg
    DVD22-0-102.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 21

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
If I was to have a Roo/Bull bar I would prefer the wider bumper and set the rear of the roo bar back a little bringing the top section forward just to push whatever down and to stop anything rising over it

I imagine that this would not comply with pedestrian safety regulations.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If I was to have a Roo/Bull bar I would prefer the wider bumper and set the rear of the roo bar back a little bringing the top section forward just to push whatever down and to stop anything rising over it...hopefully...good in theory...but a kangaroo can literally jump over your bonnet... I will wait for the aftermarket ARB or TJM boys to show their wares...can't wait
I was under the impression that the style you are talking about is now illegal.

1673993132118.png

Reactions: Max

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7800632
Maybe you are confusing it with this bumper, which is illegal - though it will be legal in Australia after the apocalypse - or at least that is what I learned from watching a documentary a number of years back called Mad Max. 😁
mad_max.jpg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7800632
I have no idea about what is legal in this area here in OZ but I am sure the aftermarket lads have a handle on it...what I see on some RAMs and others is out there and just looks wrong

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe you are confusing it with this bumper, which is illegal - though it will be legal in Australia after the apocalypse - or at least that is what I learned from watching a documentary a number of years back called Mad Max.
View attachment 7800638
Sadly , Hollywood ruined Mad Max. Totally overblown films.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Being a terrible and worsening Ziffer I have suffered many , but trying to be the good family man at the same time....
Ziffer? Should I be offering condolences? Perhaps a get-well card?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe you are confusing it with this bumper, which is illegal - though it will be legal in Australia after the apocalypse - or at least that is what I learned from watching a documentary a number of years back called Mad Max. 😁
View attachment 7800638
I went out to the Mad Max set at Silverton years ago.
1673995370613.png

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket front bumper out there yet? I'm sure ARB will be producing one.
Most likely, but I doubt you'll hear anything about 3rd party products until after the official Grenadier launch.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have no idea about what is legal in this area here in OZ but I am sure the aftermarket lads have a handle on it...what I see on some RAMs and others is out there and just looks wrong
Pretty sure it has to be sloped backwards, below the bonnet and curved at the ends.
As you said the other bars are designed to push the animal under the vehicle rather than onto the bonnet but that isn't good for the poor pedestrians
I find Roos like to hit the front quarter panels so I have gone for the side protection bars as well.

1673995711819.png

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty sure it has to be sloped backwards, below the bonnet and curved at the ends.
As you said the other bars are designed to push the animal under the vehicle rather than onto the bonnet but that isn't good for the poor pedestrians
I find Roos like to hit the front quarter panels so I have gone for the side protection bars as well.

View attachment 7800644
I had that exact image in front of me yesterday but as soon as he realized he was on the hard ground he pulled up...I am driving slower than usual in built up areas...it is a REAL concern as are people on the wrong side of the road when on the motorbike...had an emu side swipe us up near Normanton and left a full dust impression of its body side on the passenger door...brilliant no damage to him or us...except our hearts race a little more than normal...slower motoring

Back
Top Bottom