The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sir Jim doesn't like the front design?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
I had that exact image in front of me yesterday but as soon as he realized he was on the hard ground he pulled up...I am driving slower than usual in built up areas...it is a REAL concern as are people on the wrong side of the road when on the motorbike...had an emu side swipe us up near Normanton and left a full dust impression of its body side on the passenger door...brilliant no damage to him or us...except our hearts race a little more than normal...slower motoring
I was with one of my reps out that way a few years ago and he was driving at about 120kmh
I said to him that I thought the emu up ahead was looking like he was about to do something stupid
He said "what emu"
Focus and attention helps avoid them but sometimes they do stupid things

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was with one of my reps out that way a few years ago and he was driving at about 120kmh
I said to him that I thought the emu up ahead was looking like he was about to do something stupid
He said "what emu"
Focus and attention helps avoid them but sometimes they do stupid things
Yep, emus are swervy children of chaos.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, emus are swervy children of chaos.
As a young man, a mate and I spent 8 month’s driving Around Australia in an HQ Panel van doing seasonal work and odd jobs for money. Our journey ended outside of Roma in QLD we were driving at 100kph and an Emu we were almost level with and about 20m off the side suddenly took off and ran in front of us. HQ was totaled the side wings were pulled in and the radiator was pushed through the fan and wrapped around the engine block. We got out to see if we needed to shoot and injured emu but it got up and ran away

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As a young man, a mate and I spent 8 month’s driving Around Australia in an HQ Panel van doing seasonal work and odd jobs for money. Our journey ended outside of Roma in QLD we were driving at 100kph and an Emu we were almost level with and about 20m off the side suddenly took off and ran in front of us. HQ was totaled the side wings were pulled in and the radiator was pushed through the fan and wrapped around the engine block. We got out to see if we needed to shoot and injured emu but it got up and ran away
7jrsur.jpg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
You know we are the only country to loose a war with a bird....remember the Great Emu War of 1932?............☠️
now-93a7gIjg-emuwarjpg-1210-680.jpg

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
I think the front bumper looks terrible without the roo bar fitted
Talk about leading with your chin
I am waiting for the ARB bar as I think the Ineos one looks like an after thought. Hitting a roo at speed is never good but with an angled designed bar for our conditions you and the vehicle are going to come off better than with a bit of piping welded together. its got to push down and away not head on.
It may sound harsh but having hit a few over 40 years of bush driving this is my experienced opinion
Top Cat

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am waiting for the ARB bar as I think the Ineos one looks like an after thought. Hitting a roo at speed is never good but with an angled designed bar for our conditions you and the vehicle are going to come off better than with a bit of piping welded together. its got to push down and away not head on.
It may sound harsh but having hit a few over 40 years of bush driving this is my experienced opinion
Top Cat
It also needs to work with the airbags

Back
Top Bottom