The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sir Jim doesn't like the front design?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
I hope we can get the roo bar in NA - it makes the front end look better.

@DaveB - the roo bar on "your" truck shows it wrapping around and down the wheel well, but the recent pics I've seen do not have that. Thoughts?
Mine has the roo bar and the side protection rails which go from the roo bar to the side steps

Dallas_TX_Grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
I hope we can get the roo bar in NA - it makes the front end look better.

@DaveB - the roo bar on "your" truck shows it wrapping around and down the wheel well, but the recent pics I've seen do not have that. Thoughts?
I would kill for a roo bar in NA. If I can't, I'll order the parts (might need steel bumper too) from Australia and ship to the USA.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Could be a group buy!
Went out to close the back door yesterday and this little wallaby was out the back
Wallabies tend to hang around in small family groups of 3 or 4 rather than the large mobs of 20+ that kangaroos prefer.
I was up at my holiday house a couple of weeks ago and 5am drive to the shops just after sunrise and I had a mob of about 50 roos cross the road in front of me.
1673971952138.png

Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
I am watching the videos on the IG site and in this video it sounds like Sir Jim doesn't like the front design? About the 4:26 min mark:

My American ears might not be hearing correctly.

Overall, a really nice interview and my first exposure to Sir Jim.
Don't tell everyone that sir Jim envisions it being electric eventually. Going to ruffle some feathers around here.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
Maybe there will be some aftermarket bumpers…
I am hoping for after market bumpers (metal), too. In Germany the heavy metal bumpers are called "Geräteträger" (equipment carrier). But for a complete "Roo bar" als Dave B showed today at 5.35h a.m. on the foto below - you don´t get a chance that it will be allowed - because of "pedestrian protection".
In my personal opinion: When you are 80 Kilogramms heavy, and you crash with a car that comes with 50 km/h and 3.000 Kilogramms masse - it is not a theme whether these 3 tons are built so or built in another way - you have a very bad chance! 3 soft tons or 3 hard tons (even electric) - they throw you away for ten or twenty meters - that´s the point!
My Toyota´s got a after market bumper - simply steel. No winch. I love it. I drive carefully - that´s the best pedestrian protection! (y)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't tell everyone that sir Jim envisions it being electric eventually. Going to ruffle some feathers around here.
In some ways, this makes sense if part of the IGs target audience is mining, agriculture, etc. where the miles traveled in a workday are minimal. The truck can easily handle the off-road nature of each of these areas, and then the trucks could be charged nightly and have plenty of range for the workday itself. I think about this all the time here where mail trucks and school busses should all be electric - they are out in the real word, but travel less than 150 miles the entire day.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am hoping for after market bumpers (metal), too. In Germany the heavy metal bumpers are called "Geräteträger" (equipment carrier). But for a complete "Roo bar" als Dave B showed today at 5.35h a.m. on the foto below - you don´t get a chance that it will be allowed - because of "pedestrian protection".
In my personal opinion: When you are 80 Kilogramms heavy, and you crash with a car that comes with 50 km/h and 3.000 Kilogramms masse - it is not a theme whether these 3 tons are built so or built in another way - you have a very bad chance! 3 soft tons or 3 hard tons (even electric) - they throw you away for ten or twenty meters - that´s the point!
My Toyota´s got a after market bumper - simply steel. No winch. I love it. I drive carefully - that´s the best pedestrian protection! (y)
I say the same thing - even in our Honda Fit/Jazz, little and light as it is, would clobber someone at 35 or 40 mph. The issue in that situation has very little to do with the bumper. but rather Newton's law that F=MA

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Toyota´s got an after market bumper - simply steel. No winch. I love it. I drive carefully - that´s the best pedestrian protection! (y)
I really would like to have the steel bumper as well. But I do not follow your argument.
If you crash into a concrete wall with 100 km/h the airbag and seat belt won’t help you. But it will when you hit the wall with 40 km/h. So the bumper might not help the poor pedestrian that will be hit with 50 km/h but the one you hit with 20 km/h.
So we have to face the fact that we do want the steel bumper despite the fact that it is not as safe for others.
It’s always a trade off in life.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I really would like to have the steel bumper as well. But I do not follow your argument.
If you crash into a concrete wall with 100 km/h the airbag and seat belt won’t help you. But it will when you hit the wall with 40 km/h. So the bumper might not help the poor pedestrian that will be hit with 50 km/h but the one you hit with 20 km/h.
So we have to face the fact that we do want the steel bumper despite the fact that it is not as safe for others.
It’s always a trade off in life.
Maybe someone should ask/answer the question of why so many pedestrians are getting hit by cars.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe someone should ask/answer the question of why so many pedestrians are getting hit by cars.
Because they move out of their territory?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh what a horrible discussion! But I like it... black humor?
(I like the "english humor very much). Who knows "Little Britain?"
DRIVE CAREFULLY!
Black humor indeed ... but indeed a horrible discussion.
Steel bumper in Europe? Not needed. (IMHO)
The difference at 20 km/h or 30 km/h is worth the law for a plastic bumper.
In Australia it is perhaps different, been there, the first Kangaroo's I saw were "flat" Kangaroo's. Can happen in Europe too of course, but more often with pedestrians than with deer.

I completely agree with 30km/h speed limit in towns (in several major cities in my country), even at night.

Back
Top Bottom