The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Covers - Melville and Moon

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
They fit better than the factory ones, but I'm not sure they look that much better to cost double.
To be fair to the photos I posted, it does look like the person who put them on didn't spend any time "dressing" them for best effect.

And I have to wonder, with prototype vehicles running around with Melville & Moon branded spare wheel covers, just who did supply those OEM covers? They look very similar to these:

Bokseil-6.jpg
bokseil-5.jpg
Bokseil-7.jpg
Bokseil-4.jpg

which are Melville & Moon Bokseil Agricultural Grade hard wearing Ripstop seat covers.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
To be fair to the photos I posted, it does look like the person who put them on didn't spend any time "dressing" them for best effect.

And I have to wonder, with prototype vehicles running around with Melville & Moon branded spare wheel covers, just who did supply those OEM covers? They look very similar to these:

View attachment 7798613
View attachment 7798614
View attachment 7798615
View attachment 7798612

which are Melville & Moon Bokseil Agricultural Grade hard wearing Ripstop seat covers.
Comparing them to the MSA canvas ones I have for the 200 is chalk and cheese. MSA are solid, fit perfectly and look factory. Those look thin and flimsy.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Chalk and cheese? Is that like comparing apples and oranges?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
These guys also look great but I am not sure if they are available outside of South Africa.

BEESDAM

Luckily for me I am going over there next year to visit my sister so I will be keeping my eye out what the companies over there are offering and leaving some room in my suitcase for them on the way back.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
to tell the truth, seat covers always seem cheap, whatever the brand and the price... without ecceptions...

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
They do look nice. Do you know whether there’s an Australian equivalent?
Razorback might fit the bill but they don't have the Grenadier listed, if they've even heard of it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Razorback might fit the bill but they don't have the Grenadier listed, if they've even heard of it.

I bet they've heard or Recaro though - I wonder if they already have covers for Recaro seats.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We need to see some more pictures of the factory seat covers. I've specced them, but agree they look terrible in that photo. M&M look very nice, and would suit my mushroom vehicle. Only problem is I can't cancel the factory ones now, and won't be forking out on even more once I've taken delivery.

Hopefully that prototype was sporting preproduction variants, or as mentioned they were fitted by Stevie wonder

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bet they've heard or Recaro though - I wonder if they already have covers for Recaro seats.
From the supplier bulletin article with Recaro, I took it the Grenadier seats, as far as final form is considered, were bespoke.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From the supplier bulletin article with Recaro, I took it the Grenadier seats, as far as final form is considered, were bespoke.
I didn't realize that - TBH I assumed they were off-the-shelf seats.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
I too have ordered the original front seat covers but after seeing the photos I will definitely delete them!

when I had the Land I had the seat covers made by ASIAM in Italy and they were excellent!

if they don't produce them for Grenadier I will definitely take the M&M also because I will put an adjustable lumbar support between the seat and the cover.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom