The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Covers - Melville and Moon

Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Definitely interested. What colours do you have in stock?
My burlap sacks come in "Textured Desert Sand" - it is a color exclusive to my haberdashery and boutique auto accoutrement provisioner. A highly refined palate is required to distinguish these from your standard "burlap". Peasants need not apply. 😁

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
My burlap sacks come in "Textured Desert Sand" - it is a color exclusive to my haberdashery and boutique auto accoutrement provisioner. A highly refined palate is required to distinguish these from your standard "burlap". Peasants need not apply. 😁

Do you do them in the Tottenham Hotspurts colours. I want one with the club badge on it and the other to have Kane written across it with the number 10 underneath

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They fit better than the factory ones, but I'm not sure they look that much better to cost double.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They fit better than the factory ones, but I'm not sure they look that much better to cost double.
I’ve been onto the configurator today and had a look at the heavy duty seat covers. They don’t look too bad at all. But a CGI image 259FCFD0-A75A-4154-BC21-BA74B1A17C94.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's a digital render, and I agree they look good. But earlier in the thread there were some photos of the real McCoy - granted pre-production etc.

Local time
Reaction score

The M&M seat covers look a lot like Carhartt seat covers, which are made from a tough canvas. Carhartt (for those not in the U.S.) is a brand of clothing and other stuff that is known for being tough, and not fancy. They make clothes for construction work, etc. When I worked in a freezer on a fish-processing ship off the coast of Alaska, we wore Carhartt one-piece freezer suits. Here is a link to their seat covers (~ $450 right now, and they are air-bag compatible):
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/carhartt-precision-fit-custom-seat-covers.CGT-GTCA

carhartt-seat-covers.jpg

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They look a lot like Carhartt seat covers, which are made from a tough canvas. Carhartt (for those not in the U.S.) is a brand of clothing and other stuff that is known for being tough, and not fancy. They make clothes for construction work, etc. When I worked in a freezer on a fish-processing ship off the coast of Alaska, we wore Carhartt one-piece freezer suits. Here is a link to their seat covers (~ $450 right now, and they are air-bag compatible):
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/carhartt-precision-fit-custom-seat-covers.CGT-GTCA

View attachment 7798414
Very nice😍

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been onto the configurator today and had a look at the heavy duty seat covers. They don’t look too bad at all. But a CGI image View attachment 7798408
Check out Post #6 in this thread. DCPU posted some actual photos of the Grenadier seat covers, and they don't look nearly as well-fitting or well-designed as these CGI images.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Check out Post #6 in this thread. DCPU posted some actual photos of the Grenadier seat covers, and they don't look nearly as well-fitting or well-designed as these CGI images.
Yes I’ve seen them and agreed they don’t look good. Hopefully along with other nice surprises the real thing will be good When the final production vehicle is released.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

I am sorry if my figures are incorrect, but here goes

Factory seat covers
Front = £275
Back = £275
Total = £550

M&M covers
Front £440
Full Set = £660

Difference for a FULL set is £110 between the two sets

I have tried to calculate this several ways but I can’t see how the M&M covers are double the price of the factory ones.

You pays your money you takes ya choice…..I know which ones I prefer.

Note- lots of other manufacturers covers will also be available.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I misread the original quote thinking it was 440 front and 660 rear as opposed to the whole set.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I misread the original quote thinking it was 440 front and 660 rear as opposed to the whole set.

So now your thinking they are a bargain then !! 😃

There are others I have seen that are similar but still as expensive and hard to get in the UK. That’s where M&M win out they are available and in stock.

I would bet you guys in the USA will have a better choice of tough seat covers….as usual the UK doesn’t have a great choice of that sort of thing, as generally they are not needed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
So now your thinking they are a bargain then !! 😃

There are others I have seen that are similar but still as expensive and hard to get in the UK. That’s where M&M win out they are available and in stock.

I would bet you guys in the USA will have a better choice of tough seat covers….as usual the UK doesn’t have a great choice of that sort of thing, as generally they are not needed.
I am getting my seats covered with cow hide
I am thinking going with a black and gray colour scheme

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
I spoke to the Supafit people at the Perth 4x4 show (one of them has a deposit on a Grenadier), but they said that the seats are a standard Recaro, and they already have the pattern. They also can put seat back storage in, which would be handy.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am getting my seats covered with cow hide
I am thinking going with a black and gray colour scheme

That sounds awesome and hard wearing, never seen a cow wear their own skin out !!

Also sounds quite expensive.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to the Supafit people at the Perth 4x4 show (one of them has a deposit on a Grenadier), but they said that the seats are a standard Recaro, and they already have the pattern. They also can put seat back storage in, which would be handy.

Would love some seat-back storage. It never dawned on me that these are standard Recaros so maybe there are lots of options out there.

Back
Top Bottom