The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Toyota owners, as a group, do not particularly like other 4X4 makes.
I had a Prado owner tell people how make better his car was than my Nissan Patrol. I enjoyed recovering him 2 days later in the Simpson Desert. He then pretended it was not a recovery, but a tow!
The Grenadier is almost like the Leyland P76 , dropped amongst all the big Fords and Holdens in the 70s.
A disrupter, a bit quirky , very capable, even across the Sahara in a punishing desert rally.
And recoverable using a variety of methods.

Attachments

• md31247598394-1651219219.jpg
    md31247598394-1651219219.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 16

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
The more km, now 20k plus I drive and watch these sorts of comments from serious Grenadier Driver testing, I just thank the people who put the whole package together 👏 and we can still have it registered to comfortably drive it on the black stuff...as far as hearing steering and footrest issues :ROFLMAO: and A Small Whinging Pom goes I want to throw up!

Last edited:
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier is almost like the Leyland P76 , dropped amongst all the big Fords and Holdens in the 70s.
A disrupter, a bit quirky , very capable, even across the Sahara in a punishing desert rally.
And recoverable using a variety of methods.
Hopefully the Grenadier has a better outcome and reputation than the short lived Leyland P76.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully the Grenadier has a better outcome than the short lived Leyland P76.
It was Wheels Car of the Year in 1973. Circumstances at the time conspired to kill it off.
Given another year to sort out the build issues with some cars , it might have kept going another 5 years.
The ones I've seen that are left are bloody solid units!

Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score
It was Wheels Car of the Year in 1973. Circumstances at the time conspired to kill it off.
Given another year to sort out the build issues with some cars , it might have kept going another 5 years.
The ones I've seen that are left are bloody solid units!
My grandfather had a Targa Floria, it was one of the last P76s to be produced and the build quality had improved considerably by the end of production. It was a comfortable car compared to Falcons and Holdens. His earlier spare parts were not as well made and rusted quickly. I helped him as a kid with an engine rebuild on the 4.4l V8, the engine that was based on the Buick 3.5l V8 that became a Rover staple. The 4.4l V8 was used in some Australian Leyland trucks. He had the car for close to 30 years. The early ones had some fit and finish, rust, and reliability issues. The boot could hold a 44 gallon drum, he use to cart molasses for the cattle. He sold it and these days it still does the historic car shows with the original patina, it really needs a full restoration now.

The P76 probably isn't the best car to compare a Grenadier with. All the management and factory woes of the 70's saw the eventual demise of British Leyland, Leyland Au and the short life of the P76, build quality issues and cost cutting of other Leyland cars. Ineos should be and do better than this.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting comment here, where he says words to the effect he is so positive he is looking to draw out some negatives so the review seems balanced.

Another comment from Ronny: I am a Toyota fanboy, but [the Grenadier] so far is bloody impressive.
He will not want to alienate his you tube Toyota followers, so he will have to find a way to keep them onboard

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
He will not want to alienate his you tube Toyota followers, so he will have to find a way to keep them onboard
He just has to keep the new 4 pot Cruiser , muck about with the Grenadier (new followers, grow the channel) and find some old wreck to restore.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
It's all sounding too good to be true ATM, so I'm waiting for the negatives. Somehow I don't think there will be a big deal made of any :unsure:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Having no experience of the 76 series I was surprised that he already said the grenadier was better off road, I had always assumed that the cruisers were very good. I know from personal experience that the grenadier is very good but even so to say the gren is better after only a week is high praise indeed.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Having no experience of the 76 series I was surprised that he already said the grenadier was better off road, I had always assumed that the cruisers were very good. I know from personal experience that the grenadier is very good but even so to say the gren is better after only a week is high praise indeed.
In some ways they are 2 different animals, the Grenadier is more refined than a 76, more comfortable. The Grenadier feels a lot more solid and tight, well built. Raw is possibly the best way to describe the 70 series in general. Remember nothing has changed in 30 years from an engineering perspective. The V8 go ok and sound good, I drive one with a 4.2 tonne GVM upgrade occasionally, and it's functional. Don't have an accident in one.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Never underestimate the power coil springs have over people who have had nothing but leaf springs!

Local time
Reaction score
ASPW is a very funny guy, smarminess included, and his wife is a delight. He liked the Sportsmobile he drove in the Mojave. His new 4x4 Hiace project is interesting. His Pelican-16 historic aircraft video is memorable. This guy doesn't do kiddie runs with 100 other companions. He goes off-road alone for months at a time, makes mistakes and shares what he learned.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In some ways they are 2 different animals, the Grenadier is more refined than a 76, more comfortable. The Grenadier feels a lot more solid and tight, well built. Raw is possibly the best way to describe the 70 series in general. Remember nothing has changed in 30 years from an engineering perspective. The V8 go ok and sound good, I drive one with a 4.2 tonne GVM upgrade occasionally, and it's functional. Don't have an accident in one.
Yep. Also one of the stand out (and obvious) features is their reliability, and electronic trickery is minimal. All important off-road (and on). Only when the Gren had been around a while can people compare that major aspect.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ASPW is a very funny guy, smarminess included, and his wife is a delight. He liked the Sportsmobile he drove in the Mojave. His new 4x4 Hiace project is interesting. His Pelican-16 historic aircraft video is memorable. This guy doesn't do kiddie runs with 100 other companions. He goes off-road alone for months at a time, makes mistakes and shares what he learned.
I may have forgotten to display the 'Caution. Gentle Ribbing Ahead' sign when I posted his pic?

ASPW has made himself a public figure and is therefore a target for some fun. From his own website:
Andrew St Pierre White (AKA ASPW) is likely the world’s best-known 4×4 writer, commentator and adventure-travel filmmaker and is commonly referred to as’ The David Attenborough of 4WD’.

That's called poking your head above the parapet. I'm sure Andrew is thick-skinned enough to cope with any flak that he attracts.
The irony is, these couple of posts probably caused a few clicks on his social channels and earned him some revenue. He would probably say thank you for the mention.

Now, back to Ronny Dahl: Potentially a future ASPW; hopefully without all the theatre.

Back
Top Bottom