The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
The comments are all pretty positive. And 87k views is good for Ineos.
The usual doubters have clearly shuffled off to their own echo chambers!
Thanks, I enjoyed that and hopefully learnt a few things.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
You have to snigger when people post about their "upgrades".
Which in the context of the vehicle they are not!
Anyway , you know what they say about the eye of the beholder.

I vastly prefer following the Scott Brady (and other) method to modification--the most reliable vehicle is more often than not the stock one, and you should be mindful of that with each and every upgrade. Unfortunately, there are a ton of people that don't agree, so you see all sorts of overladen, lifted, and unreliable vehicles out there lol

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
I vastly prefer following the Scott Brady (and other) method to modification--the most reliable vehicle is more often than not the stock one, and you should be mindful of that with each and every upgrade. Unfortunately, there are a ton of people that don't agree, so you see all sorts of overladen, lifted, and unreliable vehicles out there lol
1000013162.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The 1st comment on YT
"Is this the next six months? Whatever happened to the modified vids where a regular guy starts with something affordable and builds it up over time. Jam this 120k+ leather bound yuppy tank up the bum"

I was the "regular guy" . I worked my arse off for 40 years - 8-10 hour days, weekends, nights , on call.
Now I'm a senior who can just afford a new vehicle. And mine's not even leather swaddled!
The commenter above is yet to be toasted on the grill of life's realities.

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
The 1st comment on YT
"Is this the next six months? Whatever happened to the modified vids where a regular guy starts with something affordable and builds it up over time. Jam this 120k+ leather bound yuppy tank up the bum"

I was the "regular guy" . I worked my arse off for 40 years - 8-10 hour days, weekends, nights , on call.
Now I'm a senior who can just afford a new vehicle. And mine's not even leather swaddled!
I’m a regular guy. I figured it out…

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The 1st comment on YT

I am a regular guy.
Left home on a train out of Wollongong heading to Sydney when I was 15 with $50 in my pocket, no job and nowhere to live.
I worked my arse off since 1978 and I am now 61 and my wife is about to turn 65.
I worked hard and eventually built a house in Devonport, Tasmania only to lose it to "the recession we had to have"
I have started up companies and lost them to the Global Financial Crisis.
I have bought properties and renovated them to make a profit.
Lost jobs and picked up new ones.
I bought my last house for $730,00 and renovated it at a cost of $180,000.
I sold it for $1.525 Million, paid out the $800,000 mortgage and purchased my current house for $500,000 cash.
The next day I paid $121,0000 cash for my Grenadier.
It has all of the Trialmaster plus all of the Fieldmaster including the black & white leather.
It would now cost $153,000 to order if you could even get close to the specification.

I still wear safety boots and work clothes, but mostly outside work I am barefoot and in shorts and a t-shirt.
I enjoy good coffee, good wine and good whiskey/whisky.

They are young and somewhat successful, but life is yet to throw a pile of crap at them.
Let them have their fun and moment in the sun.
Based on current trends they have two divorces and at least one global crisis ahead of them.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
The 1st comment on YT

I really thought @DaveB would get in there and light him up. I will if nobody hasn't.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
I am a regular guy.
Left home on a train out of Wollongong heading to Sydney when I was 15 with $50 in my pocket, no job and nowhere to live.
I worked my arse off since 1978 and I am now 61 and my wife is about to turn 65.
I worked hard and eventually built a house in Devonport, Tasmania only to lose it to "the recession we had to have"
I have started up companies and lost them to the Global Financial Crisis.
I have bought properties and renovated them to make a profit.
Lost jobs and picked up new ones.
I bought my last house for $630,00 and renovated it at a cost of $180,000.
I sold it for $1.525 Million, paid out the $800,000 mortgage and purchased my current house for $500,000 cash.
The next day I paid $121,0000 cash for my Grenadier.
It has all of the Trialmaster plus all of the Fieldmaster including the black & white leather.
It would now cost $153,000 to order if you could even get close to the specification.

I still wear safety boots and work clothes, but mostly outside work I am barefoot and in shorts and a t-shirt.
I enjoy good coffee, good wine and good whiskey/whisky.

They are young and somewhat successful, but life is yet to throw a pile of crap at them.
Let them have their fun and moment in the sun.
Based on current trends they have two divorces and at least one global crisis ahead of them.
Hi Dave B, I celebrate your journey. Had a few myself. You are the true definition of a real Rock Star with real Grit!
DaBull

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting comment here, where he says words to the effect he is so positive he is looking to draw out some negatives so the review seems balanced.

Another comment from Ronny: I am a Toyota fanboy, but [the Grenadier] so far is bloody impressive.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Toyota owners, as a group, do not particularly like other 4X4 makes.

I had a Prado owner tell people how make better his car was than my Nissan Patrol. I enjoyed recovering him 2 days later in the Simpson Desert. He then pretended it was not a recovery, but a tow!

Back
Top Bottom