The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
It's interesting that IA have given Ronny a Grenadier now, I think they are on a sales push TBH. All initial orders have been filled so things are quiet for the agents so there's a commitment by Ineos to keep the ball rolling. I'll be interested to see if Ronny has any real negatives to point out in the coming videos, I have a sneaking suspicion he won't.
They haven't given it to him they have only given him a long term loan of 6 months.
I believe ASPW wanted one for free and wanted the Ok to sell it after two years and keep the money

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
They haven't given it to him they have only given him a long term loan of 6 months.
I believe ASPW wanted one for free and wanted the Ok to sell it after two years and keep the money
I think you misunderstood my comment, by given, I meant no charge for that 6 months. I did listen to what he said. 🙂👍🏼

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
ASPW gets to transform a van and Mr Dahl gets an IG….that in itself makes me smile, well laugh actually.

I am sure ASPW will declare the van a major off road force as he will be making quite a bit of cash out of it. It is an unashamed and glorified advert tbh.

I look forward to what RD has to say, I do have much more respect for what he has to say, without losing sight that none of these are ever 100% impartial, however I think he is one of the YouTubers who get closer to that 100% mark.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
ASPW gets to transform a van and Mr Dahl gets an IG….that in itself makes me smile, well laugh actually.

I am sure ASPW will declare the van a major off road force as he will be making quite a bit of cash out of it. It is an unashamed and glorified advert tbh.

I look forward to what RD has to say, I do have much more respect for what he has to say, without losing sight that none of these are ever 100% impartial, however I think he is one of the YouTubers who get closer to that 100% mark.
Let's keep in mind that Andrew is just an influencer trying to make a living.
The industry has made him what he is.
It isn't personal.

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Overlander, maybe, but as far as off-road ability it's only as good as a Sprinter 4x4 which IMO aren't that good.
The Hiace conversion is better off road then a Sprinter by far, more reliable and will go most places a stock standard base Hilux will go. We used several for site work and were surprised where they could be driven.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The Hiace conversion is better off road then a Sprinter by far, more reliable and will go most places a stock standard base Hilux will go. We used several for site work and were surprised where they could be driven.

No personal experience of the HIace van, I have driven the Sprinter 4x4 though and it was ok. I understand that the Iveco Daily is another step up over both of them though.

Not much use to me but for overlanding they look like a great idea and solution. I know the massive vehicles(Unimog et al) look and are impressive but I alway think what is the MPG of those things, which is pretty important when you are doing or planning to do massive mileage.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He has had a pretty nasty disagreement with Ineos so I doubt he will ever say anything nice or objective again.

I watched that stream he did after the Grenadier review dropped and it was quite clear he felt left out by IA even going so far as to say he'd have one if they approached him? I find it fascinating that he always harps on sponsorships and adverts and he's just as easy to "buy" as the rest of them, he just talks about it with a British accent.

He also got in a very minor thing with Ronny (indirectly) re: the 2.8L LC and clickbait over how good it is (or isn't) and then had to do another video (or maybe it was in the same one) kind of apologizing because he was guilty of the same exact clickbait.

I appreciate a lot of his videos, but he's a salesman first and adventurer second at this point. I also see him doing very little work on the cars himself, meanwhile Ronny does a ton of stuff (although plenty is handled by others). To me, if you're going to talk about "building" cars and you are the one selling those "built" cars, you should be...building the cars. Arranging to have them built and putting together a list of mods is a wholly different exercise IMO.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No personal experience of the HIace van, I have driven the Sprinter 4x4 though and it was ok. I understand that the Iveco Daily is another step up over both of them though.

Not much use to me but for overlanding they look like a great idea and solution. I know the massive vehicles(Unimog et al) look and are impressive but I alway think what is the MPG of those things, which is pretty important when you are doing or planning to do massive mileage.
Unimogs look mean and are capable, but, they are slow, noisy and thirsty. Don't get one bogged, and if you have a flat tyre, you'll need at least 2 fit people to change it (preferably a crane also)
We have 2 getting around home ATM.
Stupid things to go overlanding in as they also don't fit down most tracks.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unimogs look mean and are capable, but, they are slow, noisy and thirsty. Don't get one bogged, and if you have a flat tyre, you'll need at least 2 fit people to change it (preferably a crane also)
We have 2 getting around home ATM.
Stupid things to go overlanding in as they also don't fit down most tracks.

I can't think of a single "off road" area near me here in the US where one could fit--same goes for a Sprinter/HiAce/etc.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Grenadier isn't small but it also isn't overly large.
I just went to the bank and parked pretty much perfectly in the car parking space with equal amounts of space to the lines on each side.
I came out of the bank to find a man and woman standing looking at my Grenadier.
When I unlocked it the guy started yelling at me about parking too close to his vehicle.
I had reversed in and he went in forward so both our vehicles had the passenger door together.
I pointed out my perfect parking and that he was actually somewhat less perfectly parked.
After he yelled at me "how the f**k is my wife supposed to get into the car.
I suggested he reverse out of the parking space and she could get in easily.
Never said another word.
Wife shook her head and he did exactly as I suggested.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Grenadier isn't small but it also isn't overly large.
I just went to the bank and parked pretty much perfectly in the car parking space with equal amounts of space to the lines on each side.
I came out of the bank to find a man and woman standing looking at my Grenadier.
When I unlocked it the guy started yelling at me about parking too close to his vehicle.
I had reversed in and he went in forward so both our vehicles had the passenger door together.
I pointed out my perfect parking and that he was actually somewhat less perfectly parked.
Never said another word.
Wife shook her head and he did exactly as I suggested.
One reason why I go the the unloved and often unused corner of the car park, then I can say you came to me, so stop whinging.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Be careful of who you engage. Unlike animals , people are unpredictable. As Sydney has discovered.

Back
Top Bottom