The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Poll - How is your new Grenadier really?

• Total voters

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
I'm coming up on 6000 miles, and I've been trying to keep track of things in a spreadsheet. If I had to summarize the grenadier:

She's heavy, she eats and talks too much, but I love her.

The HVAC fan seems to be quieting down, and while RDS has a windshield to install for me, they are not really confident in the camera calibration software at this time. Waiting on that. When that is ready, they'll also be installing a new shift lever to hopefully resolve the difficult shifting as well as the loose high/low pin issue I ran into. I had a chance to do some light green laning, which did require a few shifts into CDL & a water crossing that I engaged wading mode for. No issues, other than it took a while for the rear locker to disengage. My concern with the rear locker not disengaging in a timely manner is that even if you take the car out of off-road mode, it appears that ABS is disabled while the rear is locked.

The tell tale display has not failed again, but I continue to monitor that situation.

I've got my second oil change scheduled for next week & fuel economy seems to be settling in right around 14 MPG.

12/28/202325MHVAC Fan noise on 4 (high)
12/27/2023450MHigh / Low Shifter Pin came out
12/28/2023650MWindshield crack
1/16/20244600MHVAC Blend - cold air on face when using heat
1/17/20244600MTell Tale Display not working - resolved with restart of car
1/18/20244650MCoolant hoses generally loose in the engine bay
1/24/20245000MTell Tale Display not working - resolved with restart of car
1/30/20245300MInterior panels around gear selector showing wear / scuff in piano black and painted plastics
1/30/20245300MVery difficult shifting transfer case into L. Tell tale display indicates L, but gears grinding when put into drive. Nearly impossible to get into L w/out first locking CDL. Later resolved as vehicle warmed up.
2/8/20245750MRecurring CEL after fill up
2/3/20245500MCEL - Cylinder 6 misfire. Cleared.
2/8/20245750MBuzz / Rattle in drivers door under acceleration

Looking back, these are some of my "complaints"

Service network - Where is it?
On the website it says "For extra peace of mind, we’ve selected experienced roadside assistance partners to work closely with us to ensure you have the help you need." What is this? It implies some sort of roadside assistance.

there is little to no accessible storage for the driver and passenger.
Overhead grenadier logo is wasted space - should be storage.

buttons feel cheap, especially rotary buttons (vol, heat, blend)
Ignition key light - difficult to get key into lock in the dark

Heated steering wheel - a total miss, especially in North America / Northern Europe
Toot is not only not useful, may be considered impolite in the US

We need an option to disable audible alerts for things like the low fuel warning - 1/8 of a tank is a lot.
We need an OEM shade for safari roof
Increase cup holder size with a retro-fit kit for MY24
Larger side mirrors (upgrade/retro for towing?)
Don't use any painted or high shine plastics - these scuff easily.
HVAC - cold blast when changing mode in heat - poor QC
Vehicle over communicates - and obscures other information
I'd like to be able to engage off-road mode without coming to a complete stop
I'd like for the diff lock indicators to be more responsive, especially when turning them off
I wish there was a true Neutral indicator on the Diff Lock - High / Low shifter, with an indicator in the tell-tale
There is no Power window lock - this could at least be a menu option
There is no central or passenger actuated door unlock - the only way to unlock doors is for the driver to unlock them
Key lock only on drivers door

Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to having a tow hitch (I had to use my Discovery over the weekend to tow a garden trailer) and a persistent disabling of the over speed warning. I anticipate in the coming months and years they will reduce the chattiness and number of warnings, beeps, bongs, etc.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Adam, when you say - “the only way to unlock doors is for the driver to unlock them”…does that mean a passenger cannot unlock their own door, or that the passenger locks do not have the ability to lock/unlock all doors?

If it’s the former, that is glaring safety issue, which makes me think you’re talking about the later.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is only a single unlock button and it is on the driver's door.

Further, there is no mechanical unlock on any door.

Edit: the door handle unlocks the door. I never sat over there before 🤣

Last edited:

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I'm coming up on 6000 miles, and I've been trying to keep track of things in a spreadsheet. If I had to summarize the grenadier:

The HVAC fan seems to be quieting down, and while RDS has a windshield to install for me, they are not really confident in the camera calibration software at this time. Waiting on that. When that is ready, they'll also be installing a new shift lever to hopefully resolve the difficult shifting as well as the loose high/low pin issue I ran into. I had a chance to do some light green laning, which did require a few shifts into CDL & a water crossing that I engaged wading mode for. No issues, other than it took a while for the rear locker to disengage. My concern with the rear locker not disengaging in a timely manner is that even if you take the car out of off-road mode, it appears that ABS is disabled while the rear is locked.

The tell tale display has not failed again, but I continue to monitor that situation.

I've got my second oil change scheduled for next week & fuel economy seems to be settling in right around 14 MPG.

1/30/20245300MInterior panels around gear selector showing wear / scuff in piano black and painted plastics
1/30/20245300MVery difficult shifting transfer case into L. Tell tale display indicates L, but gears grinding when put into drive. Nearly impossible to get into L w/out first locking CDL. Later resolved as vehicle warmed up.

On the website it says "For extra peace of mind, we’ve selected experienced roadside assistance partners to work closely with us to ensure you have the help you need." What is this? It implies some sort of roadside assistance.

Heated steering wheel - a total miss, especially in North America / Northern Europe

We need an option to disable audible alerts for things like the low fuel warning - 1/8 of a tank is a lot.
I'd like for the diff lock indicators to be more responsive, especially when turning them off
I wish there was a true Neutral indicator on the Diff Lock - High / Low shifter, with an indicator in the tell-tale
There is no central or passenger actuated door unlock - the only way to unlock doors is for the driver to unlock them

Like everyone else, I'm looking forward to having a tow hitch (I had to use my Discovery over the weekend to tow a garden trailer) and a persistent disabling of the over speed warning. I anticipate in the coming months and years they will reduce the chattiness and number of warnings, beeps, bongs, etc.
Thank you so much for this post. Did you find a solution for the HVAC Fan noise at 4? I’m having the same issue. My dealer said he’d never heard that sound and flushed the syst. It went away for about an hour and is now back.
Thanks again.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this post. Did you find a solution for the HVAC Fan noise at 4? I’m having the same issue. My dealer said he’d never heard that sound and flushed the syst. It went away for about an hour and is now back.
Thanks again.
I've run the fan a lot and it seems to be quieting down. The annoying buzz seems to have gone away. Or, in my old age, I can no longer hear that range.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is only a single unlock button and it is on the driver's door.

Further, there is no mechanical unlock on any door.
Wow, that’s crazy. I‘m pretty sure there are regulations that require the ability to lock/unlock each door independently for safety purposes.

If there was an accident and the driver is incapacitated, everyone else is trapped or has to break a window to exit?

I think this is going to be a major problem for IG at some point in the future.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Yes, the super loud "GET TO THE GAS STATION STAT!!!" type bong sound, that slaps you as soon as you get in, is quite startling, especially when you have something like 50 miles range left.

The lack of easy to find trip computer is annoying. It is hidden in a sub menu and it can't be shown on the main info screen.
I don't need to know the time and distance that I drove since last start or in the last so many hours or whatever. (I have no idea how it computes this info)

I still love this thing, though.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, that’s crazy. I‘m pretty sure there are regulations that require the ability to lock/unlock each door independently for safety purposes.

If there was an accident and the driver is incapacitated, everyone else is trapped or has to break a window to exit?

I think this is going to be a major problem for IG at some point in the future.
I agree. I don't understand how ingress or egress would work in the case of an incapacitated driver.

I'm not sure whether the passenger door handle unlocks the passenger door - I'll validate this later today, on the train to DC at the moment.

Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score

Thanks for this post Adam. I noticed a bunch of these issues on test drives, but its good to hear an owner's experience. Glad to hear you still love the vehicle.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, at a minimum the door handle should do that. It appears from some other pictures and previous threads that I wasn’t aware of that, there’s a blank plate on the passenger door. Hopefully there will be a way to retrofit a switch in that spot later.

I don’t know about everyone else but there are times when my wife or daughter will stay in the car while I run into the store. They should have the ability to control their doors.

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I've run the fan a lot and it seems to be quieting down. The annoying buzz seems to have gone away. Or, in my old age, I can no longer hear that range.
Ha. That’s great. I’ll hope the buzz on mine dies down too.
… and I have to agree, even with random quirks, I love this vehicle and smile every time I drive it.

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Were they able to fix the HVAC Blend issue? If so, what was the fix for it?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the first pull of the interior door handle unlocks the door and the second pull opens it?

Confirmed - that is correct. Strangely, I'd never ridden in the passenger seat before! So at least they can get out, they just can't unlock the other doors.

Were they able to fix the HVAC Blend issue? If so, what was the fix for it?
No - this largely went away - it only lasted a day or two. They have proposed to flush the coolant system, though I don't think that actually addresses the actual issue.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Had my HVAC system flushed the other day.
Apparently, the flushing process does not mean disconnection of hoses etc. It involves a series of actions from popping the bonnet, pressing the PARK button, foot on break and accelerator, starting the vehicle, etc. (Not all actions are described properly). If the sequence is carried out correctly, the vehicle starts to flush itself.
Unfortunately, it has failed to improve my HVAC sufficiently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom