The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas NO COMMS FROM INEOS OR DEALER

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
I have not received any updates from INEOS or from the DEALER regarding the whereabouts of my vehicle since October - that's about three months ago. And my IG online status has not changed since that time. Is anyone experiencing the same, has it changed, and what you did to obtain the latest status?

Thanks so much!!!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Have you contacted your dealer? Updates from INEOS are very slow on the online portal.

slukell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
Was the same for me - nothing on the website or from the agent until I changed agents and the new agent realised they had a new order for a vehicle that was about the roll off the ship a couple of weeks later. Even now after having collected the vehicle, the website is still stuck on "contract signed". I recommend contacting the agent directly to find out the real status of your order.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
If your dealer doesn't have a VIN yet no updates is normal. If you contact Ineos they can give you a more accurate build date than the website which doesn't update often at all.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I talked to my dealer yesterday and they had no vision on my Feb22 reservation order. Mine was a base model that I chimera’d into a FieldTrialer. Mainly didn’t want the snorkel or the K02s since I want to go bigger.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Who is your dealer? Some are much more proactive in communication than others.

Since the dealers entered the picture, it becomes their role to keep you updated, however, that doesn't always happen.

You can contact Ineos customer support, let them know the shortcomings of your dealer, and they may be able to provide a more concrete answer. This is the route I had to take and subsequently switched to a more proactive dealer

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Who is your dealer? Some are much more proactive in communication than others.

Since the dealers entered the picture, it becomes their role to keep you updated, however, that doesn't always happen.

You can contact Ineos customer support, let them know the shortcomings of your dealer, and they may be able to provide a more concrete answer. This is the route I had to take and subsequently switched to a more proactive dealer
How did you change your dealer?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A lot of back and forth with Ineos customer service, explaining issues with my original dealer for communication,etc.

The process probably took 6+ weeks; previously I was always told it wasn't possible. Customer service is 100% UK based, so you're effectively bypassing the US side of things

A1B2C3D4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
You seem to not be able to switch dealers after a month of trying. Don't waste your time with 15 phone calls between 2 dealers and Ineos. After all of that it was decided you can't.

Luckily both dealers seem to be decent sets of guys.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
ROFL
I’m a slam dunk close the sale customer.
Cash.
The only requirement is everything works before I sign everything.
Just gotta show me.
Never will see me or it ever again.
I live 8 plus hrs NE of my assigned dealer.

The only contact I ever received since my order was handed to them was a bulk e-mail for Christmas.

So you are not alone.

I’m taking the approach that they don’t care, so neither should I.

”Tis not the bride that does the asking’”

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Or you still could be informed, know where your vehicle is, and still not be able to make the transaction.
Why go through all that?
I’m a freebie. They don’t have to do anything.
I’m literally their sale to lose.

I’ll probably contact Ineos to recheck my order sometime this winter.

I’m sure somebody will be along to tell me why I’m the bad guy.

My view is the dealer was handed supposedly hundreds of deposited, pre-ordered sales. If they want the money, they can contact me.

As a practical matter, there is nothing beneficial that I can do prior to it’s shipment and arrival.
I’m not swimming out to sea to wave at a passing ship.

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
You seem to not be able to switch dealers after a month of trying. Don't waste your time with 15 phone calls between 2 dealers and Ineos. After all of that it was decided you can't.

Well you are lucky! With two dealers in Florida one is charging a dealer fee and one is not, guess which one I was assigned to!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well you are lucky! With two dealers in Florida one is charging a dealer fee and one is not, guess which one I was assigned to!
That's the primary reason why I switched dealers

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. I'll get a hold of my dealership. I did send email to Ineos CS and hopefully they'll respond as well.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I recently changed dealers because one was charging a doc fee. I contacted IG to request a change, as well as, the 2nd dealer to confirm they did not charge a doc fee. The change itself could have been done by the 2nd or maybe 3rd email exchange, but what took a few more emails longer was to confirm through IGs chain of command that I’d keep my spot in line.

Anand is 100% correct in that they’re UK based, so if you’re CONUS, expect one email exchange a day…if you email😁

FWIW, explaining to them that a doc fee was essentially another way of charging ADM, which IG said wouldn’t happen, is tarnishing their brand and is a slap to their early supporters and reservation holders, since the dealer is representing IGs rollout in the US. The rep said he’’d pass up the issue, so hopefully if others report BS dealer practices, IG can have a talk with their problem children.

With the one email a day pace, it took about a week to resolve. I need to call the new dealer to give them my contact info tomorrow and inform them IG approved the switch and my spot in line.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why go through all that?
I’m a freebie. They don’t have to do anything.
I’m literally their sale to lose.

I’ll probably contact Ineos to recheck my order sometime this winter.

I’m sure somebody will be along to tell me why I’m the bad guy.

My view is the dealer was handed supposedly hundreds of deposited, pre-ordered sales. If they want the money, they can contact me.

As a practical matter, there is nothing beneficial that I can do prior to it’s shipment and arrival.
I’m not swimming out to sea to wave at a passing ship.
My current vehicle is not sufficient for work and personal. It’s fine for one or the other. The Grenadier solves that problem Hence my need for it as soon as possible. Was very close to buying a 2023 GX 460 but opted to hold fast for what i really wanted.

Back
Top Bottom