The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas NO COMMS FROM INEOS OR DEALER

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
Doc fees are BS! PA is capped at ~$500 so most dealers charge that - regardless of what it actually costs them to handle the paperwork. I know there are multiple dealers charging $1,000 for the same thing, and others who are not charging one at all. That in itself should identify that it's a cash grab.

Some states cap much lower (I think CA is like $85) and others have no cap whatsoever. Since, for all intents and purposes, we did not have a choice in dealership, they should all be doing the same of ZERO, but alas.

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Doc fees are BS! PA is capped at ~$500 so most dealers charge that - regardless of what it actually costs them to handle the paperwork. I know there are multiple dealers charging $1,000 for the same thing, and others who are not charging one at all. That in itself should identify that it's a cash grab.

Some states cap much lower (I think CA is like $85) and others have no cap whatsoever. Since, for all intents and purposes, we did not have a choice in dealership, they should all be doing the same of ZERO, but alas.
Your thoughts on this are 100% correct! As reservation holders we had no option to pick our dealers they were just assigned to us. Dealer fee's are just plain and simple a money grab and a total rip off!!!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As reservation holders we had no option to pick our dealers they were just assigned to us.
We definitely had the option of choosing dealers... Thus why I originally chose a dealer 7hrs from me, and now switched to a dealer 11hrs from me; while there is a dealer only 2hrs north of me... There are members on the forum who picked dealers across the country from them

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Excluding those of you with a connection to Ineos, “How can a mere peon like me make this magic happen?”
I get the impression it isn’t common or encouraged.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excluding those of you with a connection to Ineos, “How can a mere peon like me make this magic happen?”
Getting a dealer switch to happen has nothing to do with a connection to Ineos... All of my Ineos contacts are in the US, all of them told me it wasn't possible.

I'm positive it isn't "encouraged", but it is happening, Ineos Customer service told me that the person in charge of it had a "high volume" of requests to work through

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So your step 1 is contact Ineos UK?
phone, text, e-mail, What method?
Who to contact?
Customer service, through the regular Ineos website (customerservice@ineosgrenadier.com)... to follow up over the past 6 weeks I usually check in about once a week or 1.5wks either through a reply to the email or through the chat function on the website during normal UK business hours

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
We definitely had the option of choosing dealers... Thus why I originally chose a dealer 7hrs from me, and now switched to a dealer 11hrs from me; while there is a dealer only 2hrs north of me... There are members on the forum who picked dealers across the country from them
Interesting! I must have missed something, I did not know it was possible without much drama. Thank you for pointing this out.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I definitely do not have any connection(s) with IG, the dealerships, or the automotive industry. I definitely fit the definition of a “mere peon”/deplorable😂. My closest relationship is that I’ve spoken with Anand😜…does that count?

I started my request through the IG website contact page…the generic, name, email, subject drop down, and message. I was fully expecting no reply and was going to give them a few days and follow that up with a phone call. To my surprise, I received a reply the next day. From there I traded emails and about a week later it was resolved in my favor.

FWIW, the question of whether I’d keep my spot in line or not came from the second dealer. They said that from what IG told them, IG was simply canceling the original order from the first dealer and placing a new order with the second dealer.…thereby kicking that new order/customer to the back of the line.

When I asked the question, my IG rep wasn’t sure of the process and kicked my issue up the chain. I received a decision a few days later, approving the switch and my place in the que. The rep was very squared away, to the point of not initiating any request(s) for a change until we were sure I wouldn’t loose my spot in line; because once you give up your spot at the 1st dealer, you’re probably not getting it back if it doesn’t work out with the 2nd dealer.

It probably isn’t encouraged but I believe if you have a legitimate reason, IG is trying to make things right.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it depends on where your vehicle is. From my inquiries on this I was told it wasn’t possible to change the dealer once it arrives in port (stateside). This was the case for my vehicle. With respect to New England, KO was one of the last dealers chosen and was announced very close to when many of the early pre-order vehicles shipped. There was no reason to look at switching as limited information was provided by INEOS or KO/Curry as to specifics like doc fees, etc.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it depends on where your vehicle is. From my inquiries on this I was told it wasn’t possible to change the dealer once it arrives in port (stateside). This was the case for my vehicle. With respect to New England, KO was one of the last dealers chosen and was announced very close to when many of the early pre-order vehicles shipped. There was no reason to look at switching as limited information was provided by INEOS or KO/Curry as to specifics like doc fees, etc.
Yes, you’re right. My mistake for not specifying that. My understanding is that as long as the order is not yet in production, a switch is possible. I don’t know what recourse there is, if any, if your order is in production or already shipped.

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Don't you just love the Independent dealer network! I think Ineos should have allowed early reservation holders the option to chose the dealer that we wanted! Let the dealers compete for our business! If the consumer is willing to pay dealer fees that should be his choice and we should not have to fight the system just to keep from getting ripped off!!!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't you just love the Independent dealer network! I think Ineos should have allowed early reservation holders the option to chose the dealer that we wanted! Let the dealers compete for our business! If the consumer is willing to pay dealer fees that should be his choice and we should not have to fight the system just to keep from getting ripped off!!!
I chose my dealer clear across the country - nobody questioned that decision or even had anything to say about it.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
I am hoping that INEOS dealers can create Online Status Portal - where folks with reservations/orders should be able to access anytime to obtain status, VIN, delivery dates, etc...

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom