The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My U.S. car built in July

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
My dealer called me and said my vehicle was built in July and they are told US customers should expect delivery Q1. Guidance from Grenadier was November or December. Maybe dealers are just giving wiggle room in their communication. I do have concerns that my vehicle will be stored outside for six months before delivery. Hopefully they are stored inside.

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:13 PM
Reaction score
My dealer called me and said my vehicle was built in July and they are told US customers should expect delivery Q1. Guidance from Grenadier was November or December. Maybe dealers are just giving wiggle room in their communication. I do have concerns that my vehicle will be stored outside for six months before delivery. Hopefully they are stored inside.
Can I ask who your dealer is? I have been feeling like it’s too good to be true, for Ineos to miraculously be “on time” in the USA market when there has been delays in every other market. After waiting two years, it’s not a bother for me, I just am curious about your experience as well.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
Can I ask who your dealer is? I have been feeling like it’s too good to be true, for Ineos to miraculously be “on time” in the USA market when there has been delays in every other market. After waiting two years, it’s not a bother for me, I just am curious about your experience as well.
Mossy in Houston

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Given that Ineos (global) stated the first US vehicles came off the assembly line in September, and those vehicles are due to arrive at dealers next month, I don't think it'll be sitting idle for 6 months

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Given that Ineos (global) stated the first US vehicles came off the assembly line in September, and those vehicles are due to arrive at dealers next month, I don't think it'll be sitting idle for 6 months
That's my thinking as well. In the beginning I assumed because I have a build date in July my car will be stagnating for a while before it gets to me. Now I understand that they assign VINs before they actually start building and that my car may not be completed for weeks after that, maybe longer with the factory break. It will get here when it gets here is my new philosophy.

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
I have two friends who own the Ineos “point” one being the mossy fam in sd and the other Elliot bay wa. Both have told me guidance from Ineos is 1st quarter for all USA inbound. Maybe just setting lower expectations and hoping a xmas delivery Perhaps?

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According to Roz Mario, head of marketing for the US, US-build dates started in September, not July or August. Delivery should be around 3 months after the production month.

Back
Top Bottom