The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Went to pick up my Grenadier...

Deepcrates

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
I would place the GX550 Overtrail beneath the IG based upon my experience. I have owned the following Toyota vehicles (not listed the Toyota Cars!)
1978 FJ40
1986 FJ60 Blue
1986 FJ60 Brown
1986 FJ60 Silver
1986 FJ60 Red
2000 4RUNNER
2002 4RUNNER
2004 4RUNNER
2008 4RUNNER
2000 100 SERIER LAND CRUISER (still own)
2013 200 SERIES LAND CRUISER (still own)

The only difference between Lexus Models and Land Cruiser products, in the past, has mostly been interior materials (generally fancy dash stuff) and engines. The Lexus GX470 has the V8 engine while the 4Runner had 6 cylinders (there were a few awesome years when the 4Runner had a V8). The current Land Cruiser 250 (Prada) will have a 4 cylinder engine and the Lexus GX550 will have a 6 cylinder one. Pretty sure the Lexus will have a pimped out interior too (to further differentiate them from 4Runners as done so in past years).

In comparing my Grenadier to my Land Cruisers I do not feel that the interior is inferior at all, just different. The Grenadier interior is very robust and comfortable as well and the leather is as good as that in the LC. Noise level appears to be about the same (need to get me electronics to test this). The Grenadier handles highway potholes much better than the LC and it feels much more grounded than the LC.

I just do not see the GX550 as being better than the Grenadier but, it will certainly be much different and it will have a different type of refinement to it. Based upon my Daughter in laws GX470 - the Grenadier would stomp it.
I agree with you. The gx is a different beast with a shared goal of getting off-road. Just two different approaches to it. Why the GX is still on my radar along with the IG because of all the tech - ML sound, HUD, blind spot monitoring, rear view mirror camera - and still having the off-road chops. Maybe it won’t be as heavily built as the IG, I’m not realistically going to push things to their limit the way I do my weekend trips off-road with the kids. Not trying to risk getting stuck out in the sticks with them.

The thing that gets me is how many GX and LCs I know will be out on the streets. While the IG is just a rarity. Its uniqueness just feels like an adventure whenever you drive it even to the mall LOL.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put this but it's a good thing we added 🤬 as a reaction as some of you may agree with that sentiment ...

Got a message from RDS that my scheduled pickup of today (a date and time selected last Thursday) cannot happen because they "ran out of temp tags."

I'm effing livid as hell. He asked me to call and I will at 11:30 when I'm free. Hopefully I'll calm down soon...

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put this but it's a good thing we added 🤬 as a reaction as some of you may agree with that sentiment ...

Got a message from RDS that my scheduled pickup of today (a date and time selected last Thursday) cannot happen because they "ran out of temp tags."

I'm effing livid as hell. He asked me to call and I will at 11:30 when I'm free. Hopefully I'll calm down soon...
For their Dealerships to run out of temp tags is an amateur mistake! You can get you one today by going to a local notary.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score

I’m normally not a fan of the “Do you know who I am” comment, but in this case I think it is justified 😊.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Check the nj DMV and see if they can issue you a trip permit. See if RDS can mail you the temporary tags when they get them.

I came clear across the country on trip permits from Washington State.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Check the nj DMV and see if they can issue you a trip permit. See if RDS can mail you the temporary tags when they get them.

I'm in NJ, but I'll look into that. If I can do online I can make it happen.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in NJ, but I'll look into that. If I can do online I can make it happen.
Yeah I don't know why, for some reason I thought you were in Maryland. You can also see if PA can issue a trip permit or to be quite honest I would have no issue driving it home with no plates and just going directly to the DMV

Gibby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

You can purchase the vehicle from RDS, pay the tax due and have them take you to a local notary to get a temp tag. The notary will charge you the other fees which should be less than what RDS wants. Easy.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can purchase the vehicle from RDS, pay the tax due and have them take you to a local notary to get a temp tag. The notary will charge you the other fees which should be less than what RDS wants. Easy.
He said they haven't received the MCO yet.

LeonD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received the same call from RDS, it sucks. Same scenario: scheduled the appointment last week, made arrangements for payment/financing before my visit to assure a quick in and out visit, took the day off today (Wednesday), wife took the day off, and then a call yesterday (Tuesday) late afternoon, sorry no temp tags. RDS blamed the state of PA for not sending the temp tags, it appears the PA DOT is a week or two behind in sending temp tags. The cost of ownership for a Grenadier is getting more and more expensive with this mishap. Not cool.

Gibby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received the same call from RDS, it sucks. Same scenario: scheduled the appointment last week, made arrangements for payment/financing before my visit to assure a quick in and out visit, took the day off today (Wednesday), wife took the day off, and then a call yesterday (Tuesday) late afternoon, sorry no temp tags. RDS blamed the state of PA for not sending the temp tags, it appears the PA DOT is a week or two behind in sending temp tags. The cost of ownership for a Grenadier is getting more and more expensive with this mishap. Not cool.
They will take you to a local notary for a tag to get you on your way.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PA is behind a lot longer than that. I am not 100% sure how Penn Dot handles sending temp tags and plates to dealers, but this is my scenario.

November 21st. Traded Discovery for an Escalade with New License Plate - No Title or Registration received from the State yet. Personal Purchase
December 21st. Traded Defender for Grenadier transferred license plate from Defender. No title or registration from the State yet. Business Purchase
December 21st. Bought (2) Chevy Equinox's. I received the Title and Registration 2-3 weeks later. Business Purchases
December 28th. Bought certified used Jeep Wrangler. Have not received Title or Registration plate from the State yet. Personal Purchase.

5 vehicles 4 different dealers and various scenarios. The state takes forever.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Let’s hope NJ is better. Picked up from RDS on Jan-13 (w/temp tag), but nothin in the main from NJ yet.

Back
Top Bottom