The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Went to pick up my Grenadier...

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
To be fair, the ignition does not illuminate at night and while I’m used to it, that seems like an oversight. Hardly a deal breaker for me.

Never had such a feature on a vehicle and would be tempted to blow off a purchase if the feature couldn't be disabled easily. I like the interior lighting of my vehicles to be under my control. It comes from having lived in some unsavory places.

DCPU liked this post!!
Got me all exited seeing his name back on the site. Really hope we hear more.

Shhh! Don't jinx it!

He left a reaction to one of mine a few days ago. I assumed it was inadvertent but I still felt honored.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Never had such a feature on a vehicle and would be tempted to blow off a purchase if the feature couldn't be disabled easily. I like the interior lighting of my vehicles to be under my control. It comes from having lived in some unsavory places.

Shhh! Don't jinx it!

He left a reaction to one of mine a few days ago. I assumed it was inadvertent but I still felt honored.
Who is DCPU?

nickoverseas

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
What were the warnings? Only thing I have seen is where it warns you of the lack of lane keeping/speed assistance when on a sub-standard road. You can turn that off if you'd like.
Used car again today - 3 warnings.
1. Front collision warning - while driving uphill
2. Front camera - while driving uphill
3. Overall warning (c11) - no idea what this is
Yes the car had the software update. It’s 2 weeks old.

Reactions: PBD

VTranger352

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I’m hearing of some deals on IGs sitting at dealer lots-anyone else? I’m curious how much room for negotiation there is if there are several sitting unclaimed

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m hearing of some deals on IGs sitting at dealer lots-anyone else? I’m curious how much room for negotiation there is if there are several sitting unclaimed
Not in Florida! One of the dealers are asking full MSRP plus delivery plus 999 Dealer fee for the buyer rejected orders. What kind of deals are you hearing about?

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Regal apparently has 18 on the lot. I'd try them. Seem like reasonable guys.
What I was told by the manager of the dealer out here when I did not pick up mine was that Ineos is not letting dealers show inventory - but if someone wants to place an order they are then allowed to show them what is available/did not get picked up. The dealer here shows nothing available but from talking to a friend who went for a test drive - they have many on the lot that were not picked up and can be bought.

All the dealers are charging MSRP - but what is interesting is that there are few if any marked up for sale (and selling) for the large premiums that were projected.

VTranger352

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
What I was told by the manager of the dealer out here when I did not pick up mine was that Ineos is not letting dealers show inventory - but if someone wants to place an order they are then allowed to show them what is available/did not get picked up. The dealer here shows nothing available but from talking to a friend who went for a test drive - they have many on the lot that were not picked up and can be bought.

All the dealers are charging MSRP - but what is interesting is that there are few if any marked up for sale (and selling) for the large premiums that were projected.
This is in line from what I’m hearing as well.

RobHallieSage

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Drove the IG today before I signed the paperwork -

1) ADAS system (and bothers some more than others) was not even an issue to me. In the vehicle I had ordered I had to go north of 5-7mph over the speed limit to make it click and when it did it was nothing more than minor annoyance - no vehicle short cuts or settings were changed before by the dealer - vehicle was totally off without a key when we arrived. Moreover after the first couple clicks it went silent
2) Lane Change NEVER came on during the entire drive.
3) Steering concerns are a non-issue - car did fine - weird that the wheel would only adjust forward and back and not up and down (sales guy said he would look into)
4) I did feel a little 'motion' discomfort driving the car - and you will feel isolated from the road - isolation was expected - motion discomfort was not.

A couple observations:
1) LOTS of unsold cancelled orders at the dealership - anything ordered was marked sold - but there were 10 there between the floor/outside I could see.
2) The AC was pretty average and there is ZERO ability to adjust climate between the driver and passenger sides - I know what the hard core crowd will say - but my wife and I can have temps in any of our cars +/- 10 degrees of each other. Before I had never paid attention to it - she noticed immediately and already has concerns about wanting to do much driving with me on a long road trip. As a wise scholar friend from the forum today reminded me via text "happy wife/happy life" :cool:
3) Cup holders are for keys - not cups. Too small to be useful - I never noticed - wife saw that immediately. I always have a Nalgene sized bottle with me and there are few beyond my X5 that would take that. My wife had her small Yeti coffee holder with a small base - would not fit so useless for that
4) Rear AC was almost non existent (not impressive) which would not be fun for my yellow lab who is almost always with me
5) There is some bizarre background noise/resonance between 60-68 - I specifically checked for it that after seeing a comment yesterday - and it is real.
6) Vehicle had vibrations just sitting at a stop light - not as bad as a Harley but could feel them annoyingly - I'm driving an X5 diesel right now and have never experienced vibrations/resonance like that in my current car - maybe I would get used to it - who knows - but that was a surprise - maybe an idling problem?
7) Fire extinguisher kills foot positioning for your passenger

At this point I'm going to think on this overnight - dealership was outstanding so no marks on them. I've been a fan since the start and so love the car for everything it is and is not - but the 'not' issues are where I'm stuck right now. I'll know tomorrow what I want to do.
Don't think too hard - they're moving. Ours arrives Mon. or Tues. from Rusnak in Pasadena. Great folks to deal with. Looking forward to our Northern Cal. dealership opening at some point, but in the meantime we love being a Southern Cal. customer. Excitement keeps building for the transport truck soon to arrive ... Cheers!!!

Joefly78

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah I've gotten several email/texts letting me know I can come snag one, ready for immediate delivery. One guy apparently ordered 4 and left them all on the lot. Ouch.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I've gotten several email/texts letting me know I can come snag one, ready for immediate delivery. One guy apparently ordered 4 and left them all on the lot. Ouch.
Karma will find that person :devilish:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
He probably didn't order 4. More like he went I to the system to make changes to his existing order. Each time confirming a new order. That's on the whole order process. I do think Ineos should have followed the same process as the ROW. Pay a 5 grand unrecoverable deposit to complete the order. That would separate the wheat from the shaft.

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I need to arrange to pick mine up but if they have that kind of inventory swing by take a few pics I may get a different color my just got there I think wed

Back
Top Bottom