The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Went to pick up my Grenadier...

Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
PA? Is PA late with tags?

I ordered a custom antique plate 3 days before covid lockdown, and it took me 23 months to get it.

That's PennDOT for ya.

202Overland

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
PA is behind a lot longer than that. I am not 100% sure how Penn Dot handles sending temp tags and plates to dealers, but this is my scenario.

November 21st. Traded Discovery for an Escalade with New License Plate - No Title or Registration received from the State yet. Personal Purchase
December 21st. Traded Defender for Grenadier transferred license plate from Defender. No title or registration from the State yet. Business Purchase
December 21st. Bought (2) Chevy Equinox's. I received the Title and Registration 2-3 weeks later. Business Purchases
December 28th. Bought certified used Jeep Wrangler. Have not received Title or Registration plate from the State yet. Personal Purchase.

5 vehicles 4 different dealers and various scenarios. The state takes forever.
I'm not sure this indemnifies RDS. It appears from your experience that this is a known issue with the PA DOT.

RDS has x number of temp tags, RDS has x number of IGs on the lots that have been ordered by customers. Does RDS have enough temp tags to move these IG's off the lot. No, but lets hope that the bureaucracy of the PA DOT will come to our rescue? Yes and let's make appointments with customers knowing that we will run out of tags on Monday with the hope that the PA DOT will come to our rescue before we run out. Fingers and toes crossed.

Wow I would be pissed too. I have an IG coming in 2Q 2024. I hope that RDS has their act together before this.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PA? Is PA late with tags?

I ordered a custom antique plate 3 days before covid lockdown, and it took me 23 months to get it.

That's PennDOT for ya.

Not to get off topic but if the New Jersey ezpass toll equipment doesn't work I get a violation notice for $50 plus the toll. PA just sends me a bill for the face amount of the toll.

New Jersey still owes me a income refund from 2 years ago. Their voicemail states that they are short staffed because of covid. lol

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The situation with RDS is NOT related to the tag problem as mochas it relates to the Dealer not having the MCO and scheduling the delivery, which is unprofessional. The sales department and the business office were not on the same page. Very frustrating for Krabby!

Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure this indemnifies RDS. It appears from your experience that this is a known issue with the PA DOT.

RDS has x number of temp tags, RDS has x number of IGs on the lots that have been ordered by customers. Does RDS have enough temp tags to move these IG's off the lot. No, but lets hope that the bureaucracy of the PA DOT will come to our rescue? Yes and let's make appointments with customers knowing that we will run out of tags on Monday with the hope that the PA DOT will come to our rescue before we run out. Fingers and toes crossed.

Wow I would be pissed too. I have an IG coming in 2Q 2024. I hope that RDS has their act together before this.
Clearly I don't have magic undies on that permit me to see all, but, I really doubt it was RDS. It's a system where people, although likely good intentioned, get paid no matter their competence, VS a system where the salesman doesn't get paid, and the lot owner loses interest to a bank if the sale is delayed. I'm as wrong anyone on any given day, but my money is on PennDOT purely based on motivation.

Gibby

Donny Grey, White Roof, Red Frame, much more.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Clearly I don't have magic undies on that permit me to see all, but, I really doubt it was RDS. It's a system where people, although likely good intentioned, get paid no matter their competence, VS a system where the salesman doesn't get paid, and the lot owner loses interest to a bank if the sale is delayed. I'm as wrong anyone on any given day, but my money is on PennDOT purely based on motivation.
PENNDOT does not control the delivery of the MCO. The manufacturer does.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This!

It is painfully obvious that the tag statement was a bit of a ruse, when in actuality it was a non-present MCO... Either way, not a great handling by RDS

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put this but it's a good thing we added 🤬 as a reaction as some of you may agree with that sentiment ...

Got a message from RDS that my scheduled pickup of today (a date and time selected last Thursday) cannot happen because they "ran out of temp tags."

I'm effing livid as hell. He asked me to call and I will at 11:30 when I'm free. Hopefully I'll calm down soon...
Arses. Sorry Krabby. I knew you were planning to get yours today and I logged in especially to check for an update from you. I’m sorry it was bad news. Fingers crossed for better news very soon.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Krabby, I'll be glad to scan mine from Texas and send it over if you think they will release the car to you with a xerox copy of one. Those are hard knocks and stupid ones as well that the dealership should be in top of. Sorry this happened.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put this but it's a good thing we added 🤬 as a reaction as some of you may agree with that sentiment ...

Got a message from RDS that my scheduled pickup of today (a date and time selected last Thursday) cannot happen because they "ran out of temp tags."

I'm effing livid as hell. He asked me to call and I will at 11:30 when I'm free. Hopefully I'll calm down soon...
Hi Krabby, How frustrating this is. I am amazed how one hand does not know what the other is doing. Mine is lost at sea.
DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for your kind words of support. I’m by no means the only one around here who’s taken a shot in the gut throughout this journey. And, in the grand scheme of things, it’s certainly a first world problem.

Frustrating nonetheless. I’ll share any news that develops.

Local time
Reaction score
I agree with you. The gx is a different beast with a shared goal of getting off-road. Just two different approaches to it. Why the GX is still on my radar along with the IG because of all the tech - ML sound, HUD, blind spot monitoring, rear view mirror camera - and still having the off-road chops. Maybe it won’t be as heavily built as the IG, I’m not realistically going to push things to their limit the way I do my weekend trips off-road with the kids. Not trying to risk getting stuck out in the sticks with them.

The thing that gets me is how many GX and LCs I know will be out on the streets. While the IG is just a rarity. Its uniqueness just feels like an adventure whenever you drive it even to the mall LOL.
I'm in the same buying pickle: the IG is hands down awesome looking (and why not, from a Mercedes plant it's clearly got some G looks). IG did so many things totally appealing, like the solid roof and sturdy box cabin on solid axles. But day to day, the GX looks likely to keep everyone happy (family, dog, in-laws). I will test a GX out and see. The ND was awesome to drive and had loads of internal space, but you can't configure ND with 18" rims + 6 cylc + KO2s. ND ethos seems to be more RR like than I'd want. The IG may add in the future a few features that others at similar price points offer: heated back seats; heated stearing wheel; internal NAV system (not dependent upon iPhone or Google); and better placement of the PRNDL dial- is the coffee cup landing zone ideal? For the US market, internal NAV isn't just "better." It's a luxury feature because it keeps the driver away from Apple & Google preferences and (potentially) future advertising efforts. My LR had an extra cost for internal NAV, but it was the best money I spent as I not only have an independent sat NAV for stored locations and points of interest, but because I have a chip for the NAV, the chip was also used to store music internally (like playlists or CDs), so having the chip for NAV gave another benefit for my music storage. These creature comforts are not first model requirments for IG, which hit a home run as it is. Future refinements to expand buyers, though, may ultimatley bring in some creature comforts to the cabin. Being able to say to $85k buyers: "we won't sell you out to Apple & Google by outsourcing NAV to them" (for a fee of course) seems like a feature many would opt for. For now, it seems like 2 differenet buyers, and the GX is really targeting ND shoppers. IG is basically all alone, as Bronco/Wranglers don't offer anywhere near as nice of an inside cabin layout and space. Compared to those two, the IG is way better inside. And outside? Bronco & Wrangler don't offer the same functional roof, so if that's important to you as a buyer, IG is a stand out.

Local time
Reaction score
Sorry for your confusion. I was referring to the issues originally stated in post 183, when I quoted post 203 suggesting the dealer as the party in error. No where in the post I quoted is the acronym MCO, it is all about PA tags, and suggesting a tag issue is the dealer Vs PA. Hence, I wasn’t referring to MCO, nor did I suggest it. But, I will add, I also doubt the dealer is responsible for the missing MCO. At worst I would guess the salesman assumed something that is aways there, was actually there, and was a shocked to find out it wasn’t.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for your kind words of support. I’m by no means the only one around here who’s taken a shot in the gut throughout this journey. And, in the grand scheme of things, it’s certainly a first world problem.

Frustrating nonetheless. I’ll share any news that develops.
Just break into the dealer and steal the car. Not even sure grand theft auto is a crime any more in parts of the US.

Inverkiplad

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Have been following the IG build since inception and was glad someone picked up where Landrover decided to bail. Picked up my IG from Mossy, Houston (only have positive comments on them) and was going to take first trip to Colorado in December to have fun in the snow, but Tow Package not functional. Came back after 2 weeks and jumped in the IG ... dead battery :(. Have charged it back up and hoping maybe an interior light may have been left on, we'll see.
Absolutely Love the vehicle but hate the sensors - too sensitive, worst one is the over the sped limit "quack", need to find the disconnect soon. Also as others have said solid vehicle but need to slam the rear doors and hood/bonnet shut to make the sensors happy.
The old LD Safari was the first vehicle my father let me drive at 10 years old in the Scottish Highlands, I remember the single track roads with passing places. and grass growing up the middle. Sheep everywhere :). So I bought my IG in Shale Blue Metallic with Scottish White roof in memory of my dad's LD. Get a lot of compliments on the color. Have the 17" alloys with BFG's and road noise minimal. Have not had the hot summer yet in Texas to try out the A/C, so it'll be interesting to see if the A/C is as bad as reported.

Really like this IG Forum and will follow for fixes to quieten the sensor issues.
Cheers all!

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
3. 20 OZ Yeti Ramblers fit. 30 OZ use the same base size so they should fit also.
5. & 6. Much has been said in the EU/UK/APAC markets about a buzz/vibe/resonant drone (NVH) at cruise speed in the 60-70mph range - for the B57 diesel. I may have missed it earlier but I think this is the first I have seen it reported for the B58 petrol engine. Lots of theories on this including loose/rubbing heat shields, exhaust drone, over-torqued engine mounts or torque converter vibration. Nothing definitive and no single solution identified. The B57 and B58 are silky smooth in BMW (and Toyota) vehicles and use fluid damped engine mounts. The Grenadier mounts are massive alloy castings and use solid rubber isolators. There is also a different powertrain length in the Grenadier due to the addition of the transfer case. This affects the natural and resonant frequencies of the power train as a complex system (engine + trans + T/C). I'm leaning towards engine mount hardness for the tractor idle and exhaust drone in the 1850-2000rpm range at cruise speeds.
7. Well that's a relief! I though it was just us RHD owners that had issues with the RH footwell.
What size are the two Yeti ramblers there in your picture? Both 20oz? Do they touch each other or is there a little space? I wanted to see if a 20oz travel mug would fit with a 16oz rambler.

Back
Top Bottom