The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Went to pick up my Grenadier...

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
Drove the IG today before I signed the paperwork -

1) ADAS system (and bothers some more than others) was not even an issue to me. In the vehicle I had ordered I had to go north of 5-7mph over the speed limit to make it click and when it did it was nothing more than minor annoyance - no vehicle short cuts or settings were changed before by the dealer - vehicle was totally off without a key when we arrived. Moreover after the first couple clicks it went silent
2) Lane Change NEVER came on during the entire drive.
3) Steering concerns are a non-issue - car did fine - weird that the wheel would only adjust forward and back and not up and down (sales guy said he would look into)
4) I did feel a little 'motion' discomfort driving the car - and you will feel isolated from the road - isolation was expected - motion discomfort was not.

A couple observations:
1) LOTS of unsold cancelled orders at the dealership - anything ordered was marked sold - but there were 10 there between the floor/outside I could see.
2) The AC was pretty average and there is ZERO ability to adjust climate between the driver and passenger sides - I know what the hard core crowd will say - but my wife and I can have temps in any of our cars +/- 10 degrees of each other. Before I had never paid attention to it - she noticed immediately and already has concerns about wanting to do much driving with me on a long road trip. As a wise scholar friend from the forum today reminded me via text "happy wife/happy life" :cool:
3) Cup holders are for keys - not cups. Too small to be useful - I never noticed - wife saw that immediately. I always have a Nalgene sized bottle with me and there are few beyond my X5 that would take that. My wife had her small Yeti coffee holder with a small base - would not fit so useless for that
4) Rear AC was almost non existent (not impressive) which would not be fun for my yellow lab who is almost always with me
5) There is some bizarre background noise/resonance between 60-68 - I specifically checked for it that after seeing a comment yesterday - and it is real.
6) Vehicle had vibrations just sitting at a stop light - not as bad as a Harley but could feel them annoyingly - I'm driving an X5 diesel right now and have never experienced vibrations/resonance like that in my current car - maybe I would get used to it - who knows - but that was a surprise - maybe an idling problem?
7) Fire extinguisher kills foot positioning for your passenger

At this point I'm going to think on this overnight - dealership was outstanding so no marks on them. I've been a fan since the start and so love the car for everything it is and is not - but the 'not' issues are where I'm stuck right now. I'll know tomorrow what I want to do.

Last edited:

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
What one feature would have made you pick it up today?

I am wondering if the unsold vehicles are related to the fact that it was so easy to pre-order OR if people were unhappy with their choices. I have heard from a few that the Saddle / Brown steering wheel and the Red frame on certain colors were issues and seem to be what's available on the lots. Would love to know from people if this is true.

The AC / Heater is less than expected BUT OK for me. I wonder if they turned OFF the ADAS Speed Alert because you are one of the only to have that experience. Definitely at 5 - 7 MPH above the limit! The vibration stuff is there but a minor issue for me. No Yeti cups in the console, that's a fact.

For the record, absent my comments to make it better in other posts, I'm a super fan! Keep us posted.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
Congrats Lab!

My friend who owns a Wrangler said that he preferred the 2 door - they felt like a true Jeep! I think the IG would feel like one also and I will be fine with it. I did consider the Benz GLE AMG and the X5, but I could not. Primarily because of the IG looks. My wife drives a new Range Rover Sport Dynamic SE with all the power, bells, and whistles - and it's okay. Whatever comes with my IG, including all the annoyances, I will still be very happy!!! :)

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I am wondering if the unsold vehicles are related to the fact that it was so easy to pre-order OR if people were unhappy with their choices. I have heard from a few that the Saddle / Brown steering wheel and the Red frame on certain colors were issues and seem to be what's available on the lots. Would love to know from people if this is true.

The AC / Heater is less than expected BUT OK for me. I wonder if they turned OFF the ADAS Speed Alert because you are one of the only to have that experience. Definitely at 5 - 7 MPH above the limit! The vibration stuff is there but a minor issue for me. No Yeti cups in the console, that's a fact.

For the record, absent my comments to make it better in other posts, I'm a super fan! Keep us posted.
You know - that is a great question you are asking. Not sure there was any one option that would have made me jump - but there were a couple flags that made hesitant like the resonance and vibrations which were sort of weird overall. The AC issues I could have stretched maybe justify to my wife who knows...but A/C in southern CA is kind of a table stake for me - even if it's only 1 level and this just did not get that cool.

I have so much emotional baggage tied up in this car and REALLY want to love it because it checks off so many boxes. We'll see what the wine gods tell me tonight....

Dagger22

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:02 PM
Reaction score

Interesting commentary on the red ladder frame and saddle leather. On the latter, I actually tried to change my conifig to that but the change order was never accepted and I told them I’d rather keep my orig choice vs having my vehicle delayed. I’m biased so think u can’t go wrong on any choice. And, yes, I admit to being a Gren ‘fanboy’ 😂

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
You know - that is a great question you are asking. Not sure there was any one option that would have made me jump - but there were a couple flags that made hesitant like the resonance and vibrations which were sort of weird overall. The AC issues I could have stretched maybe justify to my wife who knows...but A/C in southern CA is kind of a table stake for me - even if it's only 1 level and this just did not get that cool.

I have so much emotional baggage tied up in this car and REALLY want to love it because it checks off so many boxes. We'll see what the wine gods tell me tonight....

The wine gods will tell you that you got the right car!!! :)

Dagger22

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I have so much emotional baggage tied up in this car and REALLY want to love it because it I checks off so many boxes. We'll see what the wine gods tell me tonight....
Thanks for sharing. When I go to pick up my vehicle (hopefully next month) I know it will be with ‘eyes wide open’. Whatever your decision is best of luck!

jwb

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I

I feel very similar, lots of time and emotions invested over the past few years...and I'm still excited when I see the new delivery pics. But my recent demo drive brought to light some of the things that would not meet my family's use (replacing a LR4), and I already have an old 110 ulititarian weekend toy. I'm also 6hrs from a dealer which further complicates the early adoption phase with the growing list of quibbles needing software tweaks. I'm waiting for the delivery call but am leaning towards wanting to see how things evolve over the next year or so. It makes me sad to even type this...lol!

Best of luck in your decision!

Robert T

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is some bizarre background noise/resonance between 60-68
I've noticed this in my vehicle too...some vibration coming through the gas pedal as well. Take your foot off the gas and it goes away but as soon as you push the accelerator the vibration and resonance is back. Above 70 it's pretty much gone

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've not experienced the vibration, at a meaningful level anyway. Also, I would add the the BFGs are fairly quiet overall for mel.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is some bizarre background noise/resonance between 60-68
I've noticed this in my vehicle too...some vibration coming through the gas pedal as well. Take your foot off the gas and it goes away but as soon as you push the accelerator the vibration and resonance is back. Above 70 it's pretty much gone
Wonder if this is a motor mount issue, or, new vehicle NVH?

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Noise, vibration, and harshness - how this stuff is classified/measured in the automotive world.
This was interesting to say the least - sitting at a light and I felt like I was on a Harley - I even took my foot off the break to move forward and tap the gas and it settled right back into bizarre vibrations.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:02 AM
Reaction score
Drove the IG today before I signed the paperwork -

A couple observations:
1)
2)
3) Cup holders are for keys - not cups. Too small to be useful - I never noticed - wife saw that immediately. I always have a Nalgene sized bottle with me and there are few beyond my X5 that would take that. My wife had her small Yeti coffee holder with a small base - would not fit so useless for that
4)
5) There is some bizarre background noise/resonance between 60-68 - I specifically checked for it that after seeing a comment yesterday - and it is real.
6) Vehicle had vibrations just sitting at a stop light - not as bad as a Harley but could feel them annoyingly - I'm driving an X5 diesel right now and have never experienced vibrations/resonance like that in my current car - maybe I would get used to it - who knows - but that was a surprise - maybe an idling problem?
7) Fire extinguisher kills foot positioning for your passenger

At this point I'm going to think on this overnight - dealership was outstanding so no marks on them. I've been a fan since the start and so love the car for everything it is and is not - but the 'not' issues are where I'm stuck right now. I'll know tomorrow what I want to do.

3. 20 OZ Yeti Ramblers fit. 30 OZ use the same base size so they should fit also.
5. & 6. Much has been said in the EU/UK/APAC markets about a buzz/vibe/resonant drone (NVH) at cruise speed in the 60-70mph range - for the B57 diesel. I may have missed it earlier but I think this is the first I have seen it reported for the B58 petrol engine. Lots of theories on this including loose/rubbing heat shields, exhaust drone, over-torqued engine mounts or torque converter vibration. Nothing definitive and no single solution identified. The B57 and B58 are silky smooth in BMW (and Toyota) vehicles and use fluid damped engine mounts. The Grenadier mounts are massive alloy castings and use solid rubber isolators. There is also a different powertrain length in the Grenadier due to the addition of the transfer case. This affects the natural and resonant frequencies of the power train as a complex system (engine + trans + T/C). I'm leaning towards engine mount hardness for the tractor idle and exhaust drone in the 1850-2000rpm range at cruise speeds.
7. Well that's a relief! I though it was just us RHD owners that had issues with the RH footwell.

Attachments

• PXL_20231227_031257195.jpg
    PXL_20231227_031257195.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100

frcnducted

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Noise-Vibration-Harshness. I respect your patience. Mine did not have any NVH on the test drive tonite. I just got back from going to pickup my gren. Changes in my bank that happened forces me a 2 day delay. On my inspection there was a minor ding on the driver side upper corner by the rear door above the glass. They are going to get a PDR pro to fix it. It's really not a big deal. I have amateur glue pulling experience. My inlaws live on a golf course, 4 houses down from a tee box has given me practice:) 2nd item, the rear driver side door glass plastic partition was heavily dented, scratched. I should have taken a pic. That is gonna get replaced. Could be a month or two before that part comes in. Fingers crossed the window trim piece will be in by the time the tow package software update comes in. I am 3 hrs from Houston dealer. I am still gonna go through with it though. I have 2 other daily drivers. Japanese from the 90's era.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
3. 20 OZ Yeti Ramblers fit. 30 OZ use the same base size so they should fit also.
5. & 6. Much has been said in the EU/UK/APAC markets about a buzz/vibe/resonant drone (NVH) at cruise speed in the 60-70mph range - for the B57 diesel. I may have missed it earlier but I think this is the first I have seen it reported for the B58 petrol engine. Lots of theories on this including loose/rubbing heat shields, exhaust drone, over-torqued engine mounts or torque converter vibration. Nothing definitive and no single solution identified. The B57 and B58 are silky smooth in BMW (and Toyota) vehicles and use fluid damped engine mounts. The Grenadier mounts are massive alloy castings and use solid rubber isolators. There is also a different powertrain length in the Grenadier due to the addition of the transfer case. This affects the natural and resonant frequencies of the power train as a complex system (engine + trans + T/C). I'm leaning towards engine mount hardness for the tractor idle and exhaust drone in the 1850-2000rpm range at cruise speeds.
7. Well that's a relief! I though it was just us RHD owners that had issues with the RH footwel
Noise-Vibration-Harshness. I respect your patience. Mine did not have any NVH on the test drive tonite. I just got back from going to pickup my gren. Changes in my bank that happened forces me a 2 day delay. On my inspection there was a minor ding on the driver side upper corner by the rear door above the glass. They are going to get a PDR pro to fix it. It's really not a big deal. I have amateur glue pulling experience. My inlaws live on a golf course, 4 houses down from a tee box has given me practice:) 2nd item, the rear driver side door glass plastic partition was heavily dented, scratched. I should have taken a pic. That is gonna get replaced. Could be a month or two before that part comes in. Fingers crossed the window trim piece will be in by the time the tow package software update comes in. I am 3 hrs from Houston dealer. I am still gonna go through with it though. I have 2 other daily drivers. Japanese from the 90's era.
I never even looked for build quality issues given the other findings that knocked me off balance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom