The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 2025 MY new features/updates?

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:26 AM
Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering my IG and my dealer was telling me to expect a July-Aug time frame for delivery next year. I have a personal schedule conflict unfortunately and will be TDY for work for 3 months Aug-Oct.

I asked if it would be possible to slip my delivery to November next year and then asked if I could expect to get a 2025 model. Dealership seemed to think that could be a possibility and stated the 2025’s would have extra federally mandated features. He wasnt sure on what these added features will entail he thought possibly blind spot sensors.

I have searched but cant find any details about these features but I would like to know. I am not personally a fan of added unnecesary tech and nannies- I know Congress snuck in legislation that all new cars by 2026 must have driver monitoring systems which can potentially disable the vehicle. I am not looking to have that sort of nonsense in my new IG and if necessary will do everything to get a 2024 model.

This is what I’m talking about:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/anti-drunk-driving-technology-mandated-infrastructure-bill/

I dont need cameras and sensors reporting to who knows who invading the privacy of my own vehicle- don’t need extra blind spot sensors etc either. My Mk.1 eyeballs do the job just fine.

-Christian

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am in the process of ordering my IG and my dealer was telling me to expect a July-Aug time frame for delivery next year. I have a personal schedule conflict unfortunately and will be TDY for work for 3 months Aug-Oct.

I asked if it would be possible to slip my delivery to November next year and then asked if I could expect to get a 2025 model. Dealership seemed to think that could be a possibility and stated the 2025’s would have extra federally mandated features. He wasnt sure on what these added features will entail he thought possibly blind spot sensors.

I have searched but cant find any details about these features but I would like to know. I am not personally a fan of added unnecesary tech and nannies- I know Congress snuck in legislation that all new cars by 2026 must have driver monitoring systems which can potentially disable the vehicle. I am not looking to have that sort of nonsense in my new IG and if necessary will do everything to get a 2024 model.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/anti-drunk-driving-technology-mandated-infrastructure-bill/

I dont need cameras and sensors reporting to who knows who invading the privacy of my own vehicle- don’t need extra blind spot sensors etc either. My Mk.1 eyeballs do the job just fine.

-Christian
Hi Christian, Order now and get a 2024. Have the dealer hold it for you. It's not like they are not good at doing that. DaBull

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score

-Christian
Ineos automatically slips my delivery without even asking/informing me, so I wouldn't worry. If it arrives at your dealer just ask him to retain it for your return

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score

-Christian
In very mindful of who gets photos of my family from inside new cars. Wouldn't touch several EVs in the market place because their entire elective monitoring system is programed and updated by a certain Power. I also have rolls of al-foil for that day...

Local time
Reaction score

-Christian
I saw in this thread that the car was ordered (recently?) and dealer expects it in Feb (or 1Q).

Your question about waiting makes me think/speculate about what other changes will we see in MY25. For the RH drive...I would think that the footwell issue stays:(. but if we gathered up all the complaints of the current release(s) we will see half of them fixed in the next MY. Some might be applied to the 23/24 MY but which ones will be MY 25 only?

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I saw in this thread that the car was ordered (recently?) and dealer expects it in Feb (or 1Q).

Your question about waiting makes me think/speculate about what other changes will we see in MY25. For the RH drive...I would think that the footwell issue stays:(. but if we gathered up all the complaints of the current release(s) we will see half of them fixed in the next MY. Some might be applied to the 23/24 MY but which ones will be MY 25 only?
IMHO nothing good will come in future model year updates. Not just for Grenadiers but any new vehicle regardless of manufacturer. Too many government mandated nannies, cameras, and spy tech. Sinister stuff. Wont be long before remote kill switches and snitch software will be mandated that automates ticketing and fines should anyone stray from any restrictions or limitations.

I’m only 39 years old and this 2024 IG will likely be the last brand new car I ever purchase. And I’m already questioning whether I will go through with it after reading about the speed limiter clicking thread. I really hope Ineos pushes a software update which allows disabling that nonsense in a permanent fashion.

Gonna stick to 80’s- 2000’s vintage vehicles from here on out.

I’ve been trying to spread the word to friends and family. Amazing how most of the populace is completely oblivious to what our overlords have in store for us plebs.I was at a local LR dealership checking out a new Defender with a friend who wants to order one and the sales staff had no clue what I was talking about when I mentioned the ADAS systems and asked if they knew when LR would begin implementation.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
In very mindful of who gets photos of my family from inside new cars. Wouldn't touch several EVs in the market place because their entire elective monitoring system is programed and updated by a certain Power. I also have rolls of al-foil for that day...
Why?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are people / entities in this world who do things under the guise of public safety when it is really about control or who knows what other nefarious reasons. Personal privacy and personal security should be taken very seriously and are often not even given a second thought.

You may or may not be aware, but the USBP / CBP / DHS started capturing photos / scans of irises along with facial photos and fingerprints for alien detainees about 5 years ago. That's just one example of enhanced biometric identification by one such entity. I can assure you things will get worse before they get worse.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

-Christian
This stuff rolls into my2027. You won't see that until late 26 in New vehicles.

In 24/25 you'll get new cafe standards. 40mpg is the new first fleet wise mandate. Subject to a new administration that may roll it back like what happened under Trump, otherwise it's likely a certainty this is happening.

I'm 27 you'll also see automated emergency braking for pedestrian being a mandate.

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
I agree that "nanny" technology has some basic problems with most American's sense of privacy. What was that 4th Amendment all about? Once cameras are in cars capturing the profiles and faces of drivers, for whatever reason, it's crazy. Recording pictures of drivers, or capturing audio, would seem difficult under our Fourth Amendment. There has to be a way of capturing reckless driving, but not employing infrared monitoring and cameras.... Think of Alexa - what if Alexa overhears threats to the community? Is Amazon alerting the FBI and sending them the audio along with details of the owner of the Alexa device? Keeping the topic to your car, what if the car (which is already recording your speed), notifies your State to not renew the registration to the car, based on an analysis of how consistently you travel faster than posted speed limits? If the Deep State gets too Soviet aspiring, it will be up to car companies to push back; then it goes to the courts.... IMO the simplest way to identify bad ideas by dictatorships is to listen for who has a "problem" with the Constitution. It always starts there.... If only the Constitution didn't protect Americans in such-and-such manner, we'd all be better off.

Back
Top Bottom