The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Decoded VIN - A few interesting surprises

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
So i have my VIN and was told that my Grenadier was scheduled for build in August 2023. I decoded the VIN on the NHTSA site and there were a few pleasant surprises. The decoder lists the following features that i did not expect, can someone confirm if these are correct? Can the NHTSA decoder be wrong?

Keyless Ignition
Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)
Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB)
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Also, here is a disclaimer on the page:
NOTE: Any missing decoded values should be interpreted as NHTSA does not have data on the specific variable. Missing value should NOT be interpreted as an indication that a feature or technology is unavailable for a vehicle.

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll be interested to see what actually exists on production vehicles. I drove the dealer demo yesterday… keyed ignition, manually dimmed main mirror, no blind spot detection stuff. The whole “tow package situation” glitch seems to have been solved.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
So i have my VIN and was told that my Grenadier was scheduled for build in August 2023. I decoded the VIN on the NHTSA site and there were a few pleasant surprises. The decoder lists the following features that i did not expect, can someone confirm if these are correct? Can the NHTSA decoder be wrong?

Keyless Ignition
Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)
Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB)
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Also, here is a disclaimer on the page:
NOTE: Any missing decoded values should be interpreted as NHTSA does not have data on the specific variable. Missing value should NOT be interpreted as an indication that a feature or technology is unavailable for a vehicle.
All these attributes have no value in the value column, so none of them are confirmed
The vehicle does come with emergency braking and possibly lane departure warning from an ADAS camera. No adaptive speed control or the other items you listed......

BionicBrandon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I have found that rearward highway visibility is quite poor and a blind spot warning would be helpful. Here in Texas, driving 10-12 hours and still being in the state is common, so adaptive cruise control would be awesome for helping driver fatigue. Not that big a deal is you are in the UK and a long drive is four hours, but we have vast spaces stateside.

Back
Top Bottom