The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas First Impressions from Colorado

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
Recirculate and defrost don’t play well with each other, especially with a lot of people in the car..

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So is the lower capacity a different vehicle? Different springs on a stock set up? That is a huge difference.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
So is the lower capacity a different vehicle? Different springs on a stock set up? That is a huge difference.
The 2024 brochure page 48 shows payload without driver is 1841 pounds. If that’s not best in class it is close.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
If you are referring to the Demo vehicle Payload stickers that are floating around, for whatever reason those are wrong.
See this thread:

The actual sticker above from @hustlehard285 is what a lot of us have been waiting to see and it looks good. Most 1/2 ton trucks even with the tow package can barely manage 1500lbs of payload.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here's the Payload sticker:
View attachment 7836072
My vote for the best post of the day! Thank you!

Now, can somebody post the best dog crate ideas for the back cargo area? Need something with enough room for a 110lbs of Bernese Mountain Dog, but still some room for luggage. This was the look I was getting this morning when I was trying to explain to her, why she didn't get to go on the test drive yesterday.

1702742787321.png

Last edited:

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Now, can somebody post the best dog crate ideas for the back cargo area? Need something with enough room for a 110lbs of Bernese Mountain Dog, but still some room for luggage. This was the looking I was getting this morning when I was trying to explain to her, why she didn't get to go on the test drive yesterday.

View attachment 7836081
Get a roof rack and put the luggage up there - This boy deserves all the cargo area!. 💜

Local time
Reaction score
If you are referring to the Demo vehicle Payload stickers that are floating around, for whatever reason those are wrong.
See this thread:

The actual sticker above from @hustlehard285 is what a lot of us have been waiting to see and it looks good. Most 1/2 ton trucks even with the tow package can barely manage 1500lbs of payload.
Sticker on a Silverado crew cab 5L short bed is 2030lbs, towing @ 9k lbs. not that they are in the same class. What’s in the same class (not picking on Defenders)? It’s an interesting space that Jim was backfilling and its advantage is the “void”.

Local time
Reaction score
is the bleed process something we should request before pickup. My dealer is 8 hours away, I don't want to drive it home and then have this issue.
Is the issue a weak AC or what?

I had a BMW 7 series and the ac was garbage to put it mildly.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people that are buying the IG currently have a 200. I would love to know how many people are keeping their 200? I have a 2010 LX and it's my daily driver and would be swapping that for the IG. Am I the only guy that would be using the IG as a daily driver?
I am using the IG as a daily driver.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Is the issue a weak AC or what?

I had a BMW 7 series and the ac was garbage to put it mildly.
from what I have read, seems that newer BMWs use an (internal) electronic 'pump' in the newer engines and when shipped, are shipped with air locks (intentionally?) and requires specific process to bleed the system of air.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Home office, but my main driver..

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Now, can somebody post the best dog crate ideas for the back cargo area? Need something with enough room for a 110lbs of Bernese Mountain Dog, but still some room for luggage. This was the look I was getting this morning when I was trying to explain to her, why she didn't get to go on the test drive yesterday.

View attachment 7836081
110lb Bernese?? I don't think you will be able to get a crate (the size you need) to fit. I am planning to use cargo barriers for my 70lb Samoyed. I was thinking of having a divider in the middle so the dog can be on one side.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
110lb Bernese?? I don't think you will be able to get a crate (the size you need) to fit. I am planning to use cargo barriers for my 70lb Samoyed. I was thinking of having a divider in the middle so the dog can be on one side.
That's my hope as well, I've been told yes the cargo barrier and divider will be available in the US. I've been told that neither will be available in US and I have been told only the cargo barrier will be available. So may have to get creative to get a hold of both. She is a solid girl and has turned out to be as big or bigger than the males we have had in the past.

Tergosa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! Your comments, and others, resonated with me and have us hitting pause (again). Time to put this adventure on the back burner. I’ll be checking this thread on occasion and anxious to hear your updates. Best to you on your trek!
I’m the opposite as I expect small issues with a brand new car company and relate more to the comments of Cheshire Cat above. And once they have all these “Niggles” out of the way, the price will only go up.

Back
Top Bottom