The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas First Impressions from Colorado

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
Definitely feels like it on the road. I can't say whether actual ground clearance is higher, but in the driver's seat, looking down on the road and/or looking across at trucks, it's higher for sure.
Thanks for all the impressions! If you still have the LC, it would be great to see a profile pic of it and your Grenadier parked right behind.

Xrford

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:12 AM
Reaction score
@hustlehard285 can you let us know your payload or take a pic of your payload sticker. Also if possible detail your spec and optional factory accessories. Thanks

ih8mud

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people that are buying the IG currently have a 200. I would love to know how many people are keeping their 200? I have a 2010 LX and it's my daily driver and would be swapping that for the IG. Am I the only guy that would be using the IG as a daily driver?

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people that are buying the IG currently have a 200. I would love to know how many people are keeping their 200? I have a 2010 LX and it's my daily driver and would be swapping that for the IG. Am I the only guy that would be using the IG as a daily driver?
I have a heavily modified 2015 LC200 that I am not getting rid of. It's just too good of a truck to let go.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score
yikes. did you lower the seat all the way? I'm worried about not feeling grounded when driving twisty roads at 50-60mph. I own a 2014 LC200 btw. stock suspension
60 mph on tight twisty roads is my everyday driving experience and my experience is of a totally grounded vehicle.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Nope. It’s the grocery getting school running city driving interstate tripping off-road adventure everything sauce vehicle for me.

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
Thanks, but actually that is not the payload sticker. The payload sticker looks like this

Payload sticker
Seriously?
The total combined payload can not exceed 264kg!
That’s ridiculous
Can’t even load four average (aviation standard) 80kg adults
I’m struggling to believe that sticker 🤔

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I am coming from LX 570 she is keeping it, and my daily now is a FJ but I will be daily driving the IG

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously?
The total combined payload can not exceed 264kg!
That’s ridiculous
Can’t even load four average (aviation standard) 80kg adults
I’m struggling to believe that sticker 🤔
If that is a Payload sticker from a Demo, the sticker is wrong, there is a thread somewhere on here that @Stu_Barnes, posted that have the correct numbers.

Found it

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:12 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! Your comments, and others, resonated with me and have us hitting pause (again). Time to put this adventure on the back burner. I’ll be checking this thread on occasion and anxious to hear your updates. Best to you on your trek!
Everyone has an opinion but what matters is what you think. It probably won't be a fit for everyone but you need to determine this for yourself. I would recommend driving one before deciding against it. I was planning to get mine without a test drive but a friend got there's and I drove it today. Wow, what a machine! I am picking up the 26th and I am more excited than ever after driving one.

Local time
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion but what matters is what you think. It probably won't be a fit for everyone but you need to determine this for yourself. I would recommend driving one before deciding against it. I was planning to get mine without a test drive but a friend got there's and I drove it today. Wow, what a machine! I am picking up the 26th and I am more excited than ever after driving one.
Great point. For myself I’ve driven the grenadier several times; highway, freeway, city streets, off road. Off road was best but at 80k+ its not much of a city or daily driver (height in public parking, turning radius, blind spots…). At 70mph I didn’t feel as comfortable as I wanted…definitely required more attention. To be fair, “More attention” depends on what you’re coming from (1986 LC, g-wagon, ????).

Many on this forum have some great uses that will test the cars limits…it’s just not me. I’d love to go off road again but realistically it’s less than a few days a year.

Back
Top Bottom