The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Parts and servicing costs

granadilla

Production/Transit
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi all
I am new to the forum, My grenadier is about to arrive but have had a few nervous moments of late. Drove a demo which had a number of gremlins which I gather have been sorted on the newer models. More concerning was the cost of adding accessories and the parts costs. I didn't order a raised air intake at the time of placing the original order but requested it be added now. Imagine my surprise when the quoted amount came to almost 400% of what the cost would have been to be fitted at build time. I was told this was due to import costs, which makes little sense to me as I would think the the value would be the same regardless of wether it is attached to the vehicle or lying next to it. Am I missing something. It is the same story with a few other accessories I have asked about.
The demo I drove had a cracked windscreen, I happened to enquire what anew one would cost, ZAR 40 000, this amounts to USD 2105. Far more than any similar product on Toyota or Land Rover, I bought the vehicle thinking it would be reasonably reliable, easy and cost effective to service. I think I may have made some incorrect assumptions. Add to this the fact that the vehicle has no Maintenance plan and I am seriously concerned. Anyone else had similar concerns or experiences? Anyone who has had to replace consumables and wear and tear items and can give an idea of pricing as it seems this may be significantly more than competitors from what I have been told.

I

Back
Top Bottom