The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Map delay on infotainment

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
Anyone else get a delay or even just an outright freeze on their maps when using either Google maps, Apple Maps or Waze through the infotainment?
I also often get delays in the navigation system on the actual dash.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
Anyone else get a delay or even just an outright freeze on their maps when using either Google maps, Apple Maps or Waze through the infotainment?
I also often get delays in the navigation system on the actual dash.
Yep, all the time, several others have also reported, it is a thing

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes and it makes navigation via CarPlay way to unreliable to be useful. I am informed by agent that this will be addressed in the software update. I hope so. Also told that poor phone volume for person at other end (not the person in the car) is also an carplay issue and will be addressed in update

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks.. mine is Apple CarPlay too but not operating at all well. the different experiences with the mapping is a bit confusing

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
The problem that might arise here is if there is an issue with the phone or phone software the grenadier will automatically take the blame. Best to try another phone if possible first.

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The problem that might arise here is if there is an issue with the phone or phone software the grenadier will automatically take the blame. Best to try another phone if possible first.
Definitely not a phone issue. I’ve tested it with multiple phones. Is most definitely the infotainment software - delayed link or something

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use CarPlay with a wired connection? Or is it exclusively wireless?

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some cars only allow wireless, some both. I personally prefer the wired connection as I’ve realised it’s more stable.
Can't see why not that would be needed to charge the phone

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Used Carplay in my precious car with this phone no issues, still use it in my wife’s car with this phone no issues. In the Grenadier it is laggy and drops out

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
Used Carplay in my precious car with this phone no issues, still use it in my wife’s car with this phone no issues. In the Grenadier it is laggy and drops out
Glad it's not just my Kia that loses connectivity, both Apple Car Play and Android Auto. I have to disconnect and reconnect every time I drive, several times. It usually starts acting up after about 20-30 minutes. Might not be exclusively a Grenadier problem. My wife's Subaru had an issue connecting Android Auto today. Had to disconnect and reconnect the cable.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
I run wired CarPlay in our Sprinter.
  1. It's likely to be more reliable than anything wireless. (I've never had a disconnect problem.)
  2. It also keeps my iPhone charged.
It's a USB-C port in dash connecting to Lightning on iPhone. It's rumored Apple will standardize on USB-C for the next gen of iPhones. 🤞

Last edited:

GavinD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I get a definite problem with CarPlay GPS navigation using Apple Maps or Waze, freezing for quite long lengths of time then working for a short bit before freezing again. Hopefully software update fixes this.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Glad it's not just my Kia that loses connectivity, both Apple Car Play and Android Auto. I have to disconnect and reconnect every time I drive, several times. It usually starts acting up after about 20-30 minutes. Might not be exclusively a Grenadier problem. My wife's Subaru had an issue connecting Android Auto today. Had to disconnect and reconnect the cable.
I wonder if it plays up after the phone temporary loses a signal sometimes as it passes through a no network coverage spot. Common in our part of the country

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah but can you use wired CarPlay?
Hi, no. The wired connection only works for Android. The Apple CarPlay function works only wireless. If not mistaken there’s another tread somewhere in this forum about this.

I did notice a software error on the IG. If you plug in the iPhone via cable before you have turned on the contact, it seems it loses its connection parameters with the car. The IG is not seeing the iPhone via CarPlay and the iPhone says it’s connected but nothing goes through. I solved this by simply opening up the iPhone before I put the key into contact, then turn the contact on in position 2, wait for all the messages to cycle and lights to go out and then start. Works every time and haven’t had a disconnect in 6 weeks ;)

Back
Top Bottom