The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Carplay & Compass Issues below 20kmh

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 AM
Reaction score
Just to clarify further, I’ve had no issues at all with general CarPlay operation beyond GPS mapping. Siri, text, phone & music all work fine even when GPS freezes.

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
Just to clarify further, I’ve had no issues at all with general CarPlay operation beyond GPS mapping. Siri, text, phone & music all work fine even when GPS freezes.
Yes. Ditto. Or if I travel under 20kmh then everything works :)

AlanJ

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I did a fairly big drive out to Western Sydney and back today (motorway speeds and suburban) All the listed issues I agree with.

Carplay at times was 2-6kms behind where I was. For example I was on the M4 and 6kms lag means missing potentially 1-2 exits if you didnt know the way.
Also as mentioned the calls and music part of carplay for me was faultless, only the navigation.

I use waze and have no issues with lag in my gr yaris for reference.
also I tried Google maps and apple maps.
Both struggled.

Today I knew basically where I needed to go, but yesterday I went to a location I had never been and the roads were more 40-50km zones lots of left right turns and zig zags etc and the lag rendered carplay basically useless and had to ask my partner to use her phone to guide me.

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
iOS 17 made no difference.

Plugging in made no difference. But as Solmanic said, it's wireless anyway.

I noticed however, after driving for 10min with carplay on and an address in, it all seemed to go live. Maps, compass & pathfinder/roadbook info. Carplay was sluggish, but live.

I had not tried leaving it on for more than a few mins previously before turning it off when it didn't work and using the map directly on my phone.

Back to "intermittent" as a status I would say.
Is this on the new software update?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did a fairly big drive out to Western Sydney and back today (motorway speeds and suburban) All the listed issues I agree with.

Carplay at times was 2-6kms behind where I was. For example I was on the M4 and 6kms lag means missing potentially 1-2 exits if you didnt know the way.
Also as mentioned the calls and music part of carplay for me was faultless, only the navigation.

I use waze and have no issues with lag in my gr yaris for reference.
also I tried Google maps and apple maps.
Both struggled.

Today I knew basically where I needed to go, but yesterday I went to a location I had never been and the roads were more 40-50km zones lots of left right turns and zig zags etc and the lag rendered carplay basically useless and had to ask my partner to use her phone to guide me.
I am a bit confused.
You had a woman in your car and you had to ask her for directions?????

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
Having worked on vehicle sat navs, this sounds like a problem with the GPS module, potentially hardware. You should test the GPS breadcrumbs feature and see if those are off too.

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Having worked on vehicle sat navs, this sounds like a problem with the GPS module, potentially hardware. You should test the GPS breadcrumbs feature and see if those are off too.
Thanks. I will do. Would give reason why the in dash compass and maps work/ don't work at the same time.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have done this and yes, the breadcrumb tracking feature is unresponsive when connected phone based navigation freezes. This was my final confirmation that it was the built-in GPS that was failing.

FilipV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Same gps-carplay problem here, that was after the car was in for a check of the airco - airco works fine again for the moment, but there is probably a leak that they will find with a special detection fluid - to be continued. After the refilling of the airco, the GPS in CarPlay is now a mess... it jumps 10-20 m all over place , in all directions, so the map applications continuously start to recalculate , which makes it unusable .. if i disconnected the CarPlay, the gps function in the iphone works perfectly. No compass in the car here.
hopefully the next ineos update will fix this gps problem... the current firmware op de car is now SW0000000353001939 , but i don't know if the updated anything or did a reset or messed with the build in gps antenne ..

AlanJ

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I checked last night and I too am on the older version “39”

I find this strange as I only took delivery of my vehicle last Friday the 22nd and the newer version “46” was out well before then.

Hopefully version 46 will remove the fault.

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Same
Same here. Just the maps

Reactions: PBD

slug_burner

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Does Ineos have a website or forum where they communicate with owners about these things? It seems silly to me that we rely on a self help approach and communication with agents that vary in their responses and appear not to know any more than Joe Public.

Reactions: CB

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:57 AM
Reaction score
My takeaway is buy Andriod phone. But I have been a apple hater going back to 2011 when Apple encrypted all my music and no longer where they mp3. I lost close to 5000 songs trying to get them back to MP3.

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had my software update today. Fixed all errors on the infotainment system.
Only issue is that the maps and compass issues are still there. So not great
Cheers. What version was it upgraded to? What issues did you have that were resolved?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had my software update today. Fixed all errors on the infotainment system.
Only issue is that the maps and compass issues are still there. So not great
Bugger.
That’s the only thing that’s not working for me in the whole car.
And I’m still on software version 1939.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bugger.
That’s the only thing that’s not working for me in the whole car.
And I’m still on software version 1939.
Have to say I only get the ocassional and transient transmission/power steering/PDC error messages and they don’t bother me much and getting rarer. The GPS freezing is the one that I most want solved and will be annoyed if it isn’t solved, carplay navigation is next to useless. The other one is the random annoying PDC activations. I usually turn it off unless manouvring in a tight space. If they could make airconditioning controls more granular and predictable that would be a bonus but GPS would be #1 on my list

AlanJ

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Have to say I only get the ocassional and transient transmission/power steering/PDC error messages and they don’t bother me much and getting rarer. The GPS freezing is the one that I most want solved and will be annoyed if it isn’t solved, carplay navigation is next to useless. The other one is the random annoying PDC activations. I usually turn it off unless manouvring in a tight space. If they could make airconditioning controls more granular and predictable that would be a bonus but GPS would be #1 on my list

Pretty much exactly the exact same for me, the odd random warning but the delay on carplay is frustrating at times.

Back
Top Bottom