The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Carplay & Compass Issues below 20kmh

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:07 PM
Reaction score
my compass is way off, 100 degrees or so compared to real bearing. sometimes spins around like there's a big magnetic crossing behind it.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
If you have AA or Carplay issues, I would recommend trying a new cable. Particularly a high quality or OEM cable. These programs are screen projections that require considerable bandwidth and require the cable to be up to the required spec. This issue is so common I've heard Google has contemplated not supporting OEM cables at all and just displaying a warning to use one instead.
100%. Put up with continual drop outs with AA either direct with cable or via AA wireless dongle. Persevered and tried a few other cables and found one that works perfectly with direct attachment or via the dongle.... other cables only good for charging. Perhaps dealers could consider finding a cable that works well and dropping it in the centre consul for new customers? Oh, compass is say 90 degrees out or perhaps it changes at a snails pace.. not too sure at present, either way needs a fix.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
100%. Put up with continual drop outs with AA either direct with cable or via AA wireless dongle. Persevered and tried a few other cables and found one that works perfectly with direct attachment or via the dongle.... other cables only good for charging. Perhaps dealers could consider finding a cable that works well and dropping it in the centre consul for new customers? Oh, compass is say 90 degrees out or perhaps it changes at a snails pace.. not too sure at present, either way needs a fix.
I don’t know about Android auto but the cable is not the problem with navigation freezing with CarPlay as is,wireless. With CarPlay connection with the phone is fine. Works flawlesslesly with all CarPlay apps except For freezes/ delays in navigation apps. Compass also freezes at same time as navigation freezes and resumes working when navigation unfreezes. I fail to see how compass freezes are related to cable quality

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
Apple Carplay and compass are a known issue. Next software update is early 2024 to hopefully resolve this. This info was from Ignition at Stafford.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apple Carplay and compass are a known issue. Next software update is early 2024 to hopefully resolve this. This info was from Ignition at Stafford.
Did they say whether they're yet upgrading the headunit to s/w xxxxx 1946?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No

I have 1946, so will be a later update. The next release is due early next year (unsure of number).
Actually my dealer said they were expecting the next update four weeks ago. They (not sure if it’s just Aussie dealers or all) are having a meeting next week with Lyn Calder to raise the issue of when it’s going to be released. But it sounded like it should be this side of Christmas.

Cam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually my dealer said they were expecting the next update four weeks ago. They (not sure if it’s just Aussie dealers or all) are having a meeting next week with Lyn Calder to raise the issue of when it’s going to be released. But it sounded like it should be this side of Christmas.
That sounds right for an early 2024 possibility of getting installed?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the update has been in the wings for a couple of months now with a couple of false starts, but my agent says they have no insight currently into when they will actually get it. Could be next week, could be next year.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 1946 head unit upgrade does not fix the navigation problem or the compass problem
Thanks, understood... my query was really trying to determine whether my local Bris dealer is being selective in which vehicles they update to resolve spurious 'warnings' when other Aus. dealers seems to be OK and get it done....

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, understood... my query was really trying to determine whether my local Bris dealer is being selective in which vehicles they update to resolve spurious 'warnings' when other Aus. dealers seems to be OK and get it done....
It may be that some are (possibly rightly) concerned that the whole thing is better done together in case there is a possibility of introducing new issues by a partial install. Initially I was disappointed they didn’t update my head unit last time it was in as I know they had done some earlier, but now I think I prefer to wait till everything can be done together

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It may be that some are (possibly rightly) concerned that the whole thing is better done together in case there is a possibility of introducing new issues by a partial install. Initially I was disappointed they didn’t update my head unit last time it was in as I know they had done some earlier, but now I think I prefer to wait till everything can be done together
Ah... a soothing voice of reason! Thank you(y):)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My compass and elevation got stuck on 100 degrees and 300' for about 30 mins. Went into off-road screen and selected 'statistics' sorted itself out in a couple of seconds.

Mentioning incase anyone else encountered similar and looking for possible fix.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My compass and elevation got stuck on 100 degrees and 300' for about 30 mins. Went into off-road screen and selected 'statistics' sorted itself out in a couple of seconds.

Mentioning incase anyone else encountered similar and looking for possible fix.
Thanks @ECrider for the hint. I have always seen that the compass and the altitude changes. However, I have never needed this display. After your tip, I realised today that the compass was stuck at 0° and 186 m. Unfortunately, the procedure you described was not successful. Now I'll leave the vehicle parked. Maybe that will fix itself.
Incidentally, my two footwell lights no longer work. I don't really need them either. But if they are already there, they should also work. Up to now, they have also worked.
I reset my tyre pressure warning after checking the tyres. The message has now disappeared.

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:07 PM
Reaction score
Interesting. Because I received a mail back from Ineos Head Office saying they are not aware of any issues with Compass, Pathfinder and CarPlay maps freezing.
I’ve now tried to elevate this as my dealership and local agents all know about it, but can’t believe Head office trying to deny this.

Gruntly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have the maps freezing issue from day one and been back for several updates but the issue persists on Carplay regardless of using any mapping app. Car is currently in for its first service and again expecting a re-set but dealer has advised this is a Ineos issue and was not expecting it to be fixed. This last week I have also had a cascade of warnings , wipers stuck on, no indicators so it seems there are still issues. like others i added a garmin as maps just never works without freezing. Appreciate if anyone else has had a dealer advise a fix or timing for a fix.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the maps freezing issue from day one and been back for several updates but the issue persists on Carplay regardless of using any mapping app. Car is currently in for its first service and again expecting a re-set but dealer has advised this is a Ineos issue and was not expecting it to be fixed. This last week I have also had a cascade of warnings , wipers stuck on, no indicators so it seems there are still issues. like others i added a garmin as maps just never works without freezing. Appreciate if anyone else has had a dealer advise a fix or timing for a fix.
I have similar issues re apple Carplay navigation and compass freezes. Have all the software updates (1 week ago - both ECUs and infotainment system) and problems persist. for me compas freezes when CarPlay nav freezes. They unfreeze at the same time. To me this suggests either the GPS device in the Grenadier or the software that drives the GPS. My dealer reports that Ineos Australia are awaiting software update from UK. However there is no ETA for this and I don’t know whether it has been demonstrated that this solves the problem. I have seen/heard reports that this is a uniquely Australian problem but I don’t know hoe accurate this is

Back
Top Bottom