The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Carplay & Compass Issues below 20kmh

Gruntly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
I have similar issues re apple Carplay navigation and compass freezes. Have all the software updates (1 week ago - both ECUs and infotainment system) and problems persist. for me compas freezes when CarPlay nav freezes. They unfreeze at the same time. To me this suggests either the GPS device in the Grenadier or the software that drives the GPS. My dealer reports that Ineos Australia are awaiting software update from UK. However there is no ETA for this and I don’t know whether it has been demonstrated that this solves the problem. I have seen/heard reports that this is a uniquely Australian problem but I don’t know hoe accurate this is
Exactly the same as my issues. My car just had its first service and about its third software update but still froze within a kilometre of leaving the dealer. INEOS need to get serious about fixing it as it is a pain given nav relies on CarPlay.

Gruntly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
PS Gold Coast Dealer SLRV have been great at responding and I have zero complaints in the way they look after me. They have been great at diagnosing issues and sorting them but the frozen CarPlay issue needs INEOS and an update .

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
PS Gold Coast Dealer SLRV have been great at responding and I have zero complaints in the way they look after me. They have been great at diagnosing issues and sorting them but the frozen CarPlay issue needs INEOS and an update .
Yes I have no beef with my dealer on this either. It is clearly an issue for Ineos HQ to sort. I know that they are aware of the problem but it would certainly help to receive a general progress report. Keeping owners informed that things re being attended to would reduce the angst that these issues cause

FilipV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
here in Belgium i have also the same problem with the gps and CarPlay - it mostly works, but when really needed = choosing the exact lane and or exit, it jumps 20-50m next to the lane or the compass direction is way off, so at that critical moment it gives bad info, and could be in fact dangerous to use.. so when navigation is needed, i disable CarPlay and use the iphone in a cardholder with maps on its own . that works fine. it is the combination with the ineos that does weird things with the gps.

• Sad
Reactions: IGL

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just dropped my vehicle off for a software update & a few minor other tweaks. Spoke at length to Ric at SLRV about the frustrating and ongoing GPS freezing issue on CarPlay. He said it was not an Ineos specific issue, but a problem unique to Australia due to the Wi-fi frequency we use here stuffing up CarPlay somehow. He said, and I quote, "other vehicles are experiencing the same sorts of problem" and rattled off a list of a few key marques. So of course I went to the internet in search of some sort of verification and the only Google hits I got were to various US posts on Reddit type forums, and two threads on this forum. So does anyone else have more info and perhaps some links to chatter regarding this on other brand Australia specific forums or such?

PaulMark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just dropped my vehicle off for a software update & a few minor other tweaks. Spoke at length to Ric at SLRV about the frustrating and ongoing GPS freezing issue on CarPlay. He said it was not an Ineos specific issue, but a problem unique to Australia due to the Wi-fi frequency we use here stuffing up CarPlay somehow. He said, and I quote, "other vehicles are experiencing the same sorts of problem" and rattled off a list of a few key marques. So of course I went to the internet in search of some sort of verification and the only Google hits I got were to various US posts on Reddit type forums, and two threads on this forum. So does anyone else have more info and perhaps some links to chatter regarding this on other brand Australia specific forums or such?

PaulMark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my new Grenadier here in South Africa on Friday and was very annoyed to discover this issue. Any CarPlay maps option is basically unusable. Dealer is promising a software fix “soon”.

Seems crazy to me that on a vehicle that doesn’t offer its own built in nav that the CarPlay integration wasn’t better tested. Is this issue unique to SA and Aus?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mines always worked properly even before the update..
I wonder if the software is different for different markets?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up my new Grenadier here in South Africa on Friday and was very annoyed to discover this issue. Any CarPlay maps option is basically unusable. Dealer is promising a software fix “soon”.

Seems crazy to me that on a vehicle that doesn’t offer its own built in nav that the CarPlay integration wasn’t better tested. Is this issue unique to SA and Aus?
Yep, apparehtly associated with comms protocols (eg how iPhones are setup) specific to these jurisdictions.
Not sure we knew that SA was affected…

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According to the Ineos senior management at the tech tour in Brisbane, the comms issues which have arisen in Australia and Sth Africa are due to the satellite distances in the southern hemisphere. A slight delay in the timing and reduced signal strength were not accounted for in the "one size fits all" software. ...to be remedied no doubt in due course!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According to the Ineos senior management at the tech tour in Brisbane, the comms issues which have arisen in Australia and Sth Africa are due to the satellite distances in the southern hemisphere. A slight delay in the timing and reduced signal strength were not accounted for in the "one size fits all" software. ...to be remedied no doubt in due course!
Oh, that’s interesting. We didn’t get that detail at the Sydney event. Bit of a puzzling explanation though as it works perfectly when outside a mobile reception area.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting how many different stories there are from people who are supposedly in the know from Ineos & dealerships. I was told it was because of some interference issue with wireless CarPlay in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom