The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Map delay on infotainment

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
I've been watching the behaviour of the dashboard compass and altimeter over the past few days while touring in Tasmania. Along straight stretches of highway, the compass and altimeter seem to freeze as you rightly point out. Then when the vehicle is suddenly making sharpish changes of direction and altitude in mountainous terrain, the device suddenly seems to "wake up", the altimeter resets itself to the local area and the compass is constantly adjusting to changes in direction: then it stops in one position and essentially freezes again. I'm wondering if it's a loose wire/connector...
Has it fixed irself now?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has it fixed irself now?
It's hard to tell.

The polarised lenses in my sunglasses make it almost impossible to view the compass bearings, and the central display is dark unless I switch the dash lights on.... which dims the display...then my co-driver gently reminds me to stop becoming distracted :love:

We were pottering around the D'Aguilar NP along the Mt Mee forest drive last Wed. There was a lot of overhead tree canopy, slow driving (<20kmh) because the road was very rough. However on the odd occasion I glanced at the compass on tight turns it appeared to be moving freely.

I'm not sure whether the gps for the display map is coming from my phone or the Gren. It seems to work OK with the phone in my pocket and wireless connection using an OttocastAir2 pro for Android auto.

I would very much like to be able to illuminate the compass all the time so as to be able to read it under all ambient lighting conditions.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I would very much like to be able to illuminate the compass all the time so as to be able to read it under all ambient lighting conditions.
I'm using my compass as a barometer.
It doesn't work , thus if it does it is a measure of IA ability to sort software glitches ;)

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
It's hard to tell.

The polarised lenses in my sunglasses make it almost impossible to view the compass bearings, and the central display is dark unless I switch the dash lights on.... which dims the display...then my co-driver gently reminds me to stop becoming distracted :love:

We were pottering around the D'Aguilar NP along the Mt Mee forest drive last Wed. There was a lot of overhead tree canopy, slow driving (<20kmh) because the road was very rough. However on the odd occasion I glanced at the compass on tight turns it appeared to be moving freely.

I'm not sure whether the gps for the display map is coming from my phone or the Gren. It seems to work OK with the phone in my pocket and wireless connection using an OttocastAir2 pro for Android auto.

Driving back and forth on the 'Dag... I feel sorry for you and the Gren!!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@trobex :D Hope we can meet up one day for a SE Qld "Grenadier get together" .... and go exploring!
There are so many rail trails, national parks and other places to get a proper feel for the vehicle's capabilities before heading out on a major expedition which despite our 25yrs "north of the Tweed", we've not had the chance to visit. And they're so close to the greater Brisbane region! The Gren. has made that possible...small steps ;) Didn't tackle the "A-Break" (next time!) ...gotta get the co-driver used to a few things:cool:

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:39 PM
Reaction score
Personally, I'm not a big fan of wireless connections, at least in cases where a wired connection isn't much of a problem.
Stability, speed, isolation from the outside are great advantages of the cable, even today when wireless is much more reliable than in the past.
In any case, my home network is strictly wired LAN and the Campagnolo electronic gear shift on my Pinarello Dogma F is only partially wireless, with data transmission to the actuators via cable.

Back
Top Bottom