The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Yes, I am no lawyer but I can’t see how that is anything but a ham fisted and customer unfriendly attempt to intimidate you with a thinly veiled threat with no substance behind it. Probably the best they could attempt might be infringement of copyright by publishing materials in full, but I suspect that is also a long bow.

Yes, there's definitely a story behind this!

The only generous spin I can put on the complete lack of useful technical and operational information for owners is that this process is a bit like building an aeroplane in flight and they aren’t ready to publish this stuff because they are still making changes during production and so can’t finalise the documentation. But that’s a story in itself. And again something that could be addressed with some transparency if they are clear that information is provisional and subject to revision.
I agree to a degree, but find it hard to believe that any vehicle was built without a design freeze and "as built" spec/drawings being signed off.

Sure as issues are found and sorted, drawings will be "up rev'd". Indeed, such changes would be normal if new materials, suppliers, or parts were being introduced.

We only need to look at the transfer cases to see there was a B spec introduced very shortly after the start of production.

They must be using CAD-IT in some form, whether it's fully populated or not shouldn't matter.

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
Yes, there's definitely a story behind this!

I agree to a degree, but find it hard to believe that any vehicle was built without a design freeze and "as built" spec/drawings being signed off.

Sure as issues are found and sorted, drawings will be "up rev'd". Indeed, such changes would be normal if new materials, suppliers, or parts were being introduced.

We only need to look at the transfer cases to see there was a B spec introduced very shortly after the start of production.

They must be using CAD-IT in some form, whether it's fully populated or not shouldn't matter.
They for sure have a solid CAD-IT. This issue is that it takes quite some effort to make it "Consumer" or "owner" ready. This is just not the focus. The focus for them is to get the production processes right. I am confident it will come and we all will be happy.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They for sure have a solid CAD-IT. This issue is that it takes quite some effort to make it "Consumer" or "owner" ready. This is just not the focus. The focus for them is to get the production processes right. I am confident it will come and we all will be happy.

I think the chap in charge of the CAD-IT will hopefully have very little to do with production processes and vice versa.

Indeed, he's been in place for quite some time, as has the requirement to make it publically available.

Screenshot_20230707_085159.jpg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
I am hopeful I will have images of the 7 stud busbar on the starter battery in the next two weeks, with the fuses used (I already know the fuse type but I need the fuse ratings). Then I can complete the suggested spare fuse kits.

I will then ask Prolec to make up kits for Australian users. With a bit of luck they will.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am hopeful I will have images of the 7 stud busbar on the starter battery in the next two weeks, with the fuses used (I already know the fuse type but I need the fuse ratings). Then I can complete the suggested spare fuse kits.

I will then ask Prolec to make up kits for Australian users. With a bit of luck they will.
I’ll be interested in that list for my upcoming travels 👍🏼

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I thought @Logsplitter had already posted a photo?
IMG_1676.jpeg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
SUGGESTED SPARE FUSES KIT FINALISED
I have updated the suggested spare fuse kit based on recent information. That is the best I can do.

Any additional spares will depend on what accessories you have installed, including any aftermarket accessories. Each owner will need to work out the final details based on the choices they made, in particular, look closely at the fuses used on the two busbars (on the starter and aux batteries).

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have updated the suggested spare fuse kit based on recent information. That is the best I can do.

Any additional spares will depend on what accessories you have installed, including any aftermarket accessories. Each owner will need to work of the final details based on the choices they made, in particular, look closely at the fuses used on the two busbars (on the starter and aux batteries).
@TheDocAUS .... truly a splendiferous effort! We are in your debt...thank you 🙏

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
WINCH FUSE - IMPORTANT INFO - FUSE RATING IS 250 AMP X 2
I have been told the winch is fused at 500 amps, but looking at the HPDM Series - 70 V Max 600 A 2-Pole MEGA® Fuse Power Distribution Module, it is done by apparantly using two 250 amp MEGA fuses. This image from the Littelfuse Manual confirms this, however, the fuse Module used on the INEOS has no fuse rating printed on the Module cover. So I am still trying to double check this. Also the covers are slighlty different in the two images below, but the main fuse box looks the same:
View attachment 7820167

INEOS image
View attachment 7820169
I think you've got this totally wrong.

You seem to be ignoring even your own earlier comment:
Post in thread 'Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/main-fuses-used-in-ineos-grenadier.12411958/post-1333195446

I'm happy that you don't go with what I'm saying and want to check it for yourself but don't say "I have managed to identify the two Littelfuse inline fuse holders for the CTEK120S and the winch."

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think you've got this totally wrong.

You seem to be ignoring even your own earlier comment:
Post in thread 'Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/main-fuses-used-in-ineos-grenadier.12411958/post-1333195446

I'm happy that you don't go with what I'm saying and want to check it for yourself but don't say "I have managed to identify the two Littelfuse inline fuse holders for the CTEK120S and the winch."
This has been a slow journey of discovery. I have made some mistakes, and I have rectified those when I became aware of them. I even pointed the errors out when I corrected them.

You need to stop taking things personally. I am just checking and rechecking to avoid mistakes and I will continue to check and recheck things, including my own work. If that is difficult for you, do not read my posts – I will not be offended.

If I missed your posts identifying the exact models with links to the Littelfuse site, my apologies. It was not intentional. I am recovering from an accident that nearly killed me (the other driver died), and I am struggling with the recovery and that has slowed me down. I do not need your poor attitude. Feel free to stop reading all my posts. I will save you the effort, I have added you to my Ignore list.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This has been a slow journey of discovery. I have made some mistakes, and I have rectified those when I became aware of them. I even pointed the errors out when I corrected them.

You need to stop taking things personally. I am just checking and rechecking to avoid mistakes and I will continue to check and recheck things, including my own work. If that is difficult for you, do not read my posts – I will not be offended.

If I missed your posts identifying the exact models with links to the Littelfuse site, my apologies. It was not intentional. I am recovering from an accident that nearly killed me (the other driver died), and I am struggling with the recovery and that has slowed me down. I do not need your poor attitude. Feel free to stop reading all my posts. I will save you the effort, I have added you to my Ignore list.
Take it easy and take your time.
Second chances are few and far between

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Here you go:
IMG_20230716_114624893.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
Forgive the ignorance, but what is “shunt.”

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's quite literally what's written on the side of the "fuse" rather than an amp rating:
ee6fa65646b5a9f_md.jpg

In this application it just brings (or shunts) the current in or out of the fuse box in a format, the cube, that's compatible with the bus bar.

Gives the fusebox more flexibility in terms of being able to distribute the *full input load or a down rated protected load from any of the 7 terminals, as space dictates.

*Subject to shunt specs.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's quite literally what's written on the side of the "fuse" rather than an amp rating:
View attachment 7820231

In this application it just brings (or shunts) the current in or out of the fuse box in a format, the cube, that's compatible with the bus bar.

Gives the fusebox more flexibility in terms of being able to distribute the *full input load or a down rated protected load from any of the 7 terminals, as space dictates.

*Subject to shunt specs.
So it’s a block the same size as the fuses but just a connection/solid link not a fuse ? Am I understanding that correctly?

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Any additional spares will depend on what accessories you have installed, including any aftermarket accessories. Each owner will need to work out the final details based on the choices they made, in particular, look closely at the fuses used on the two busbars (on the starter and aux batteries).
Thankyou so much for all the effort and expertise you have put into this. I am so easily confused by these things and am grateful for the help in enabling me to order a good fuse spares kit

Back
Top Bottom