The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
WINCH FUSE
INEOS Australia today stated the RED winch circuit has a MEGA fuse (Midi style) rated at 400 amp for the 350 amp winch circuit. Others have said 250 amp fuses x 2.

The other way we can resolve this is for each owner to see what is installed in their car.

RELAYS
INEOS Australia has not yet confirmed spare relays are available from the Melbourne Warehouse (I asked).
Where is the fuse located?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
I always assume mistake in my side. Also naming here seems different and me searching for 895 returned nothing. Found it in some product documents though, so expected to be good.

The ones I bought after pulling one in the back are these here:

View attachment 7836497

The ones used in the front are these:

View attachment 7836496

So the connections sitting deep in the fuse box, I assumed the low profile ones do not fit.
I confirm that the fuses under the steering wheel are the "long kind", 4 times 40A and one time 30A.
Well done @das mo to make us aware of it!
20231222_211613.jpg
Impossible to remove with my fingers, had to use the tool.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
Thanks to you both, INEOS just added another type of fuse to the mix. Why so many different types?

I will need to update the fuse box lists.
Looking forward to the Fuse Update. Thanks in advance. DaBull

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I confirm that the fuses under the steering wheel are the "long kind", 4 times 40A and one time 30A.
Well done @das mo to make us aware of it!
View attachment 7836795
Impossible to remove with my fingers, had to use the tool.
Jean

Does the fuse box under the bonnet/hood use the longer JCase fuses?

Looking at the photos we have, the fuses look a lot like the ones used in the cockpit fuse box (so both locations may use them). So I thought I would check.

I also need to work out whether these longer fuses are JCase or MCase fuses. See specs below. By measuring the fuse we should be able to work out whether the new longer fuses are MCase or JCase fuses.

I am still working on revising the above posts with the recent discovery.

MCase unslotted fuse specs
1703329868311.png

JCase fuse specs
1703329769472.png

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I always assume mistake in my side. Also naming here seems different and me searching for 895 returned nothing. Found it in some product documents though, so expected to be good.

The ones I bought after pulling one in the back are these here:

View attachment 7836497

The ones used in the front are these:

View attachment 7836496

So the connections sitting deep in the fuse box, I assumed the low profile ones do not fit.
das mo

Can you tell me whether the longer fuses are JCase fuses or MCase fuses? If they are MCase they look like unslotted fuses.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:32 AM
Reaction score
AUSTRALIA – cost of the fuse kit
I bought spare fuses following my own suggestions at Swe-Check. I did not need Mini fuses (I already had them) or relays (they must come from INEOS).

The cost was around AUD160 with free postage. The MEGA range ZCASE® fuses were roughly AUD120 of that. If you need Mini fuses a 35 piece Kit from Swe Check would add AUD27 (rounding up the price).

The MEGA range ZCASE® fuses used in the busbars were the big cost items at over AUD25 each but they also fuse the high amp accessories/systems. It is false economy not to have them, but I bought at least two spares for the 300 and 350 amp ratings.

The downside is, it was not cheap, upside is I will probably not need to buy any more fuses for a long time.

Because I travel remote, I bought quantities based on remote travel. You could save a lot by buying 1 spare instead.

Once I know all the MEGA range ZCASE® fuses ratings I will probably revise the list into two parts, basic fuse spares and remote fuse spares. The latter being more comprehensive and expensive (but still cheaper than trying to buy the fuses when you are remote after a failure). Below are the provisional suggestions. At the time of posting (May 2023) Australian pricing will be roughly (less if you already have Mini fuses and the Midi fuse):

Remote spare fuse kit cost
If you need Mini, JCase fuses (Low Profile JCase Fuses (895/PAL Fuses)), Midi and MEGA range ZCASE® fuses for remote travel it will be roughly AUD200.

Basic spare fuse kit cost
The basic spares kits will be around AUD90, based on 35 assorted Mini fuses, a single 60 amp Midi fuse, a single MEGA range ZCASE® fuses rated at 300amps and a single MEGA range ZCASE® fuses at 350 amps. Choose if you want some JCase fuses (Low Profile JCase Fuses (895/PAL Fuses)).

Relays will cost more

Relays will be extra.
Really good effort. Thank you.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FUSE SPARES KIT REVISED
The suggested spare fuse kit has been revised. The changes only impact JCase fuses, read here. In short, you also need spare 30 amp and 40 amp Long JCase fuses (495/PAL).

Thanks for the assist @das mo and @Jean Mercier .

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have now revised the main posts and spare fuses kit. If you see a mistake somewhere let me know, with a link to the post.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FUSE SPECIFICATIONS (Source: Swe-Check Product Datasheets)

Mini blade fuse

Mini fuses are 10.9mm across, 16.3mm high and the blade width is 2.8mm.
1703586927150.png

JCase Low Profile fuse (895/PAL)
1703586138721.png

JCase Long Profile fuse (495/PAL) - also called just a JCase fuse
1703329769472-png.7836849

MEGA Range ZCASE fuse
1703586616343.png

Midi fuse
1703586223653.png

MEGA Fuse (Midi style)
1703586469372.png

It has been suggested to me the Relays in the Grenadier are Bosch Relays as follows. This is only a DRAFT Table, subject to confirmation:

1707456169939.png

Last edited:

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Do you know if the vehicle comes with replacement fuses?

Back
Top Bottom