The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
There are at least SIX different fuse types can be used in the IEOS Grenadier, being:
  1. Mini blade fuse (not a low-profile Mini fuse or a Micro2 fuse);
  2. JCase Low Profile fuse (895/PAL);
  3. JCase Long Profile fuse (495/PAL) - also called just a JCase fuse;
  4. ZCASE® MEGA fuse (and SHUNTS);
  5. Midi fuse; and
  6. MEGA Fuse (Midi style).
The precise specifications of each fuse type can be read here.

@bnebenda has compiled a list of the all the Grenadier fuses into an Excel Spreadsheet. It can be downloaded here.

MINI BLADE FUSES
The main blade fuse used is a Mini fuse, not a low-profile Mini fuse or a Micro2 fuse.

Mini fuses are 10.9mm across, 16.3mm high and the blade width is 2.8mm.

The fuse box diagrams tell what amp ratings are required.

JCASES FUSES (BOTH TYPES)
The Interior Fuse Box (Fuse Box 1) uses Low Profile JCase Fuses (895/PAL Fuses). The Cockpit fuse box (Fuse Box 2) and under the Bonnet/Hood fuse boxe 8Fuse Box 3) use the Long Profile JCase Fuses (495/PAL Fuses), NOT Low Profile JCase fuses.

The various fuse box diagrams tell what amp ratings are required.

These fuses are made by Littelfuse and look like a miniature Otto bin or Wheelie rubbish bin.

Warning: the INEOS Grenadier does not appear to use MCase fuses, either slotted or unslotted.

LITTELFUSE FHZ BUSBARS IN THE GRENADIER
The 7 Stud Busbar and the 5 Stud Busbar used in the Grenadier have fuses – ZCASE® MEGA Fuses and SHUNTS. This thread here looks at the busbars in detail. For present purposes here is a summary: the known ZCASE® MEGA ratings include: 80amps, 100 amps, 125 amps, 150 amps, 300 amps, 350 amps and 3 SHUNTS.

1707704933802.png
ZCASE® MEGA FUSES - SPARES

Because the busbars are sources of power for fuse boxes, owners should give thought to having spare ZCASE® MEGA fuses, perhaps 80 amp, 100 amp, 125 amp and 150 amps, plus a spare SHUNT.

However, ZCASE® MEGA fuses are expensive to buy. If you only travel locally or regionally you may not need any spare fuses. For remote travelers you have little choice but to buy some spares, as the ZCASE® MEGA fuses are hard to source anywhere in Australia. Experience has shown the other fuse types in the Grenadier are also hard to source regionally or remotely. For me, spare fuses are a must have for remote travel. Ultimately each owner needs to decide what best suits their own needs, I hope this post helps with that decision.

MIDI FUSE
A single 60 amp Midi fuse is used in the fuse box under the hood/bonnet (Fuse Box 3).

MEGA FUSE (MIDI STYLE)
A MEGA fuse in the Midi style are used to fuse the CTEK120S and Fuse Box 6. The CTECK120S is fused using a 300 amp MEGA fuse. Fuse Box 6 located under the bonnet, uses two MEGA fuses (Midi style) rated at 125 amps. Fuse Box 6 uses two 125 MEGA fuses (Midi style). Look here. Thanks to @bnbenda

All owners take note: The ZCASE® MEGA fuse and MEGA fuse (Midi style) are must have fuses, because they are used to fuse the CTEK 120S and this is where some the high amp devices are fused, from 80 amps to 350 amps fuses (both the 5 stud and the 7 stud busbars are rated up to 400 amps).

RELAYS
It has been suggested to me the Relays in the Grenadier are Bosch Relays. This is only a DRAFT Table, everything needs to be confirmed:
1707456377449.png
Fuse puller needed
It is really hard to remove the small blade fuses and the JCase Fuses with your fingers. You will need a fuse puller, long nose pliers or something similar.

You just remove the nut from any stud in the busbar and lift the fuse out and replace the ZCASE® MEGA fuse, of the same rating.

There will be variations between models
The fuses in use will vary between IG models, depending on what accessories you selected. Treat this as a general guide and remember to check each fuse box in your car before starting to work out what your spare fuse kit needs. When in doubt speak to your dealer or auto electrician.

Australian source of fuses
In Australia all these fuses can be purchased from the retail arm of Prolec called Swe-Check. The online shop is here.

MEGA range ZCASE® fuses are expensive. Looking at the Swe-Check website they are between AUD25 and 30 dollars each, depending on the rating. Hopefully that will rarely blow.

JCases fuses are around AUD4 to 5 dollars each, at the time of posting.

All the fuses are made by Littelfuse.

UK source of fuses
@Tinki posted he could buy most of the needed fuses from the Mouser UK website.

SUGGESTED SPARE FUSE KITS
My suggested spares kit is listed here. If in doubt speak to your dealer, mechanic or auto electrician.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INTERIOR ELECTRICAL CENTRE (FUSE BOX 1)

This Fuse Box is located under the rear seats. It has Relays, Low Profile JCase fuses and Mini blade fuses. It is under a panel in the 2 seater version.

JCase fuses used
The Low Profile JCase Fuses (895/PAL Fuses) are rated at 30 amps (5 fuses), 40 amps (3 fuses) and maybe 60 amps (2 fuses).

Mini blade fuses used
The Mini blade fuses are used are rated at 5 amps, 7.5 amps, 10 amps, 15 amps, 20 amps, 25 amps and 30 amps.

Diagram and photo

IEC Fuse Box 1.jpg
CENTRE FUSE BOX WIDE ZOOM_DxO.jpg
CENTRE FUSE BOX WIDE VIEW.jpg
Photos from 2 seater Utility Wagon (2023 AU Spec) with the aux power option

APPARENT POWER SOURCE FOR INTERIOR ELECTRICAL CENTRE (FUSE BOX 1)
The power for the Interior Electrical Centre (Fuse Box 1) appears to come from Stud 3 on the 7 Stud busbar with a ZCASE® MEGA fuse rated at 150 amps marked with Blue tape. See here. Also check the busbar fuse if there is no power to this fuse box.

VARIATIONS BETWEEN COUNTRIES
IMPORTANT:
There are some variations between countries, for example F113 varies between the US Spec Model and the AU Spec Model. But not all of these variations are know outside INEOS. When in doubt, speak to your dealer or autoelectrician.

This is what it looks like under Fuse Box 1.
IMG_8846.jpg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
COCKPIT ELECTRICAL CENTRE (FUSE BOX 2)

This Fuse Box is located to the left and slightly down from the steering wheel on a right-hand drive vehicle. It has longer JCase fuses and Mini blade fuses. There are no relays in this fuse box.

JCase fuses used (JCase Fuses (495/PAL Fuses)
This fuse box uses JCase Fuses (495/PAL Fuses) (the longer ones) are rated at 30 amps (1 fuse) and 40 amps (4 fuses).

Mini blade fuses used
The Mini blade fuses are used are rated at 5 amps, 7.5 amps, 10 amps, 15 amps and 20 amps.

Diagram and photo
INEOS COCKPIT Fuse Box 2.jpg

20240424_122201_beschriftet-jpg.7854396

Thanks to @emax

COCKPIT ELECTRICAL CENTRE  FUSE BOX.jpg

The image below is orientated the same was as the diagram above.

COCKPIT ELECTRICAL CENTRE  FUSE BO SIDE ON.jpg

APPARENT POWER SOURCE FOR THE COCKPIT ELECTRICAL CENTRE (FUSE BOX 2)
The power for the Cockpit Electrical Centre (Fuse Box 2) appears to come from Stud 6 on the 7 Stud busbar with a ZCASE® MEGA fuse rated at 125 amps marked with White tape. See here.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UNDER-HOOD ELECTRICAL CENTRE (FUSE BOX 3)

This Fuse Box is located under the bonnet on front right side near the front (AU Spec vehicle). It has Relays, the longer JCase fuses and Mini blade fuses.

JCase fuses used (the longer ones)
The JCase Fuses (495/PAL Fuses) (the longer ones) are rated at 30 amps (1 fuse) and 40 amps (2 fuses).

Mini blade fuses used
The Mini blade fuses are used are rated at 5 amps, 7.5 amps, 10 amps, 15 amps and 20 amps.

Single Midi fuse used
There is a single Midi fuse rated at 60 amps used in Fuse Box 3 (Hood/Bonnet).

Diagram and photo
1707435753553.png

AU Spec 2024 Model Diesle under Boonet fuse box.jpg
Picture from a 2023 model AU Spec Diesel Utility Wagon with the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel option.

APPARENT POWER SOURCE FOR UNDER-HOOD ELECTRICAL CENTRE (FUSE BOX 3)
The power for the Under-Hood Electrical Centre (Fuse Box 3) appears to come from Stud 5 on the 7 Stud busbar with a ZCASE® MEGA fuse rated at 100 amps marked with Blue tape. See here. Also check the busbar fuse if there is no power to this fuse box.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FUSE SPARES KIT FOR GRENADIER - February 2024 version
Some of the things you need to consider in putting together a fuse spares kit for the INEOS Grenadier, with some suggestions. If in doubt speak to your auto electrician.

JCase fuses

1703541439986.png
Low Profile JCase Fuses (895/PAL Fuses)
To make up a fuse spares kit, I would buy 2x30 amp, 1x40 amp and 1x60 Low Profile JCase fuses.

Long Profile JCase Fuses (495/PAL Fuses)
To make up a fuse spares kit, I would buy 1x30 amp and 2x40 amp Long Profile JCase fuses.

Mini blade fuses
You need a selection of Mini blade fuses rated at 5 amps, 7.5 amps, 10 amps, 15 amps, 20 amps, 25 amps and 30 amps.

ZCASE® MEGA fuses (used in the two busbars)
At minimum I would buy 1x300 amp for the CTECK 120S (if you have one). Because of the cost of ZCASE® MEGA fuses spares beyond that becomes a personal choice. This discussion here may help you in making a decision (look under the last heading).

Midi fuse
There is a single Midi fuse rated at 60 amps used in Fuse Box 3 (Hood/Bonnet). Therefore, four types of fuses used in the IG. I would buy two Midi spares because the fuse is used on an important circuit.

MEGA fuse (Midi style)
A fuse used for the CTEK120S charger, rated at 300 amps and Fuse Box 6 uses two 125 amp fuses under the bonnet..

I would have two spares fuses at 300 amps (CTEK) and two at 125 amps (Fuse Box 6).

Warning: the Midi fuse, MEGA fuse (Midi style) and the ZCASE® MEGA fuses vary depending on what accessories you have installed, in particular, look closely at the fuses used on the two busbars (near the starter and aux batteries). You will need to ensure you have the right mix of spares based on your car.

Relays
Relays rarely fail, but Relay 614 is used 8 times, Relay 615 twice, Relay ++2208 four times (Interior) and Relay ++2228 twice (Hood).

It has been suggested to me the Relays in the Grenadier are Bosch Relays. This is only a DRAFT Table, everything is subject to confirmation:
1707456608650.png

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE
Fuse Box 3 details have been updated, it uses a 60 amp Midi fuse, not a JCase fuse. That makes 4 fuse types in total, with that one off Midi fuse used under the hood/bonnet.

It you see a mistake, please post.

UPDATE 2 MEGA inline fuse makes five fuses types
At least one production vehicle, with the aux battery fitted, has a MEGA fuse in Midi form fitted in the inline fuse holder from the SMARTPASS 120S to the aux battery, rated at 300amps. It is not clear if this is the new way to fuse the aux battery, or just an alternative. So check how your IG is wired is the only thing you can do.

The production vehicle also has a new fuse holder with 4 mini fuses and 4 relays (that makes 4 fuse holders, not three).

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AUSTRALIA – cost of the fuse kit
I bought spare fuses following my own suggestions at Swe-Check. I did not need Mini fuses (I already had them) or relays (they must come from INEOS).

The cost was around AUD160 with free postage. The ZCASE® MEGA fuse were roughly AUD120 of that. If you need Mini fuses a 35 piece Kit from Swe Check would add AUD27 (rounding up the price).

The ZCASE® MEGA fuses used in the busbars were the big cost items at over AUD25 each but they also fuse the high amp accessories/systems. It is false economy not to have them, but I bought at least two spares for the 300 and 350 amp ratings.

The downside is, it was not cheap, upside is I will probably not need to buy any more fuses for a long time.

Because I travel remote, I bought quantities based on remote travel. You could save a lot by buying 1 spare instead.

Once I know all the ZCASE® MEGA fuse ratings I will probably revise the list into two parts, basic fuse spares and remote fuse spares. The latter being more comprehensive and expensive (but still cheaper than trying to buy the fuses when you are remote after a failure). Below are the provisional suggestions. At the time of posting (May 2023) Australian pricing will be roughly (less if you already have Mini fuses and the Midi fuse):

Remote spare fuse kit cost
If you need Mini, JCase fuses (Low Profile JCase Fuses (895/PAL Fuses)), Midi and ZCASE® MEGA fuses for remote travel it will be roughly AUD200.

Basic spare fuse kit cost
The basic spares kits will be around AUD90, based on 35 assorted Mini fuses, a single 60 amp Midi fuse, a single ZCASE® MEGA fuse rated at 300amps and a single ZCASE® MEGA fuse at 350 amps. Choose if you want some JCase fuses (Low Profile JCase Fuses (895/PAL Fuses)).

Relays will cost more

Relays will be extra.

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I bought spare fuses following my own suggestions at Swe-Check. I did not need Mini fuses (I already had them) or relays (they must come from INEOS).

The cost was around AUD160 with free postage. The Mega fuses were roughly AUD120 of that. If you need Mini fuses a 35 piece Kit from Swe Check would add AUD27 (rounding up the price).

The MEGA fuses used in the busbars were the big cost items at over AUD25 each but they also fuse the high amp accessories/systems. It is false economy not to have them, but I bought at least two spares for the 300 and 350 amp ratings.

The downside is, it was not cheap, upside is I will probably not need to buy any more fuses for a long time.

Because I travel remote I bought quantities based on remote travel. You could save a lot by buying 1 spare instead.

Once I know all the MEGA fuses ratings I will probably revise the list into two parts, basic fuse spares and remote fuse spares. The latter being more comprehensive and expensive (but still cheaper than trying to buy the fuses when you are remote after a failure). But below are the provisional suggestions:

At the time of posting (May 2023) Australian pricing will be roughly.

If you need Mini, Midi and Mega fuses for remote travel it will be roughly AUD200.

The basic spares kits will be around AUD90, based on 35 assorted Mini spares, and a single 60 amp Midi, a single Mega fuse rated at 300amps and single Mega at 350 amps.

Relays will cost more
Relays will be extra.
Great work @TheDocAUS ! Thank you 👍

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
For UK buyers I found this site and ordered a starter pack for myself - seemed comprehensively stocked:

Thanks to @TheDocAUS for the information mate.

Items Ordered
Items Ordered
Product NameSKUPriceQtySubtotal
60A Yellow Cartridge Fuses (JCASE Type)550873£1.10
  • Ordered3
£3.30
30A Pink Cartridge Fuses (JCASE Type)550870£1.10
  • Ordered3
£3.30
40A Green Cartridge Fuses (JCASE Type)550871£1.10
  • Ordered4
£4.40
30A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484805£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
25A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484804£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
20A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484803£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
7.5A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484800£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
5A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484799£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
10A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484801£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
15A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484802£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
60A Yellow Midi Fuse550895£1.62
  • Ordered6
£9.72
300A Mega Fuse Black486951£1.98
  • Ordered2
£3.96
350A Mega Fuse Black486952£1.98
  • Ordered2
£3.96
Subtotal£37.88
Shipping & Handling£0.00
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)£31.67
VAT (20%)£6.21
VAT£6.21
Grand Total (Incl.Tax)£37.88

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For UK buyers I found this site and ordered a starter pack for myself - seemed comprehensively stocked:

Thanks to @TheDocAUS for the information mate.

Items Ordered
Items Ordered
Product NameSKUPriceQtySubtotal
60A Yellow Cartridge Fuses (JCASE Type)550873£1.10
  • Ordered3
£3.30
30A Pink Cartridge Fuses (JCASE Type)550870£1.10
  • Ordered3
£3.30
40A Green Cartridge Fuses (JCASE Type)550871£1.10
  • Ordered4
£4.40
30A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484805£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
25A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484804£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
20A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484803£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
7.5A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484800£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
5A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484799£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
10A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484801£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
15A LED Indicator Mini Blade Fuse484802£0.44
  • Ordered3
£1.32
60A Yellow Midi Fuse550895£1.62
  • Ordered6
£9.72
300A Mega Fuse Black486951£1.98
  • Ordered2
£3.96
350A Mega Fuse Black486952£1.98
  • Ordered2
£3.96
Subtotal£37.88
Shipping & Handling£0.00
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)£31.67
VAT (20%)£6.21
VAT£6.21
Grand Total (Incl.Tax)£37.88
Thanks for that.

I noticed the Mega fuses in your list were really cheap compared to Australia. Looking more closely you need to check you bought the right MEGA fuse.

The INEOS busbars use a MEGA range ZCASE® fuse not a MEGA fuse in the Midi fuse format (your 300amp and 350amp fuses are Midi format). Yep they are confusing.

I cannot find any MEGA range ZCASE® fuse on that site (but I can miss what is staring me in the face).

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
OK will check - many thanks! Will report back!

Edit - yes wrong type as you say - will keep looking. (y)

Last edited:

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do not take this too hard, but you may also have the JCase fuses wrong as well. You need the Low Profile JCase Fuses (895/PAL Fuses).

I made a similar mistake a few weeks ago when compiling this thread

The cost was around AUD160 with free postage. The MEGA range ZCASE® fuses were roughly AUD120 of that. If you need Mini fuses a 35 piece Kit from Swe Check would add AUD27 (rounding up the price).

The MEGA range ZCASE® fuses used in the busbars were the big cost items at over AUD25 each but they also fuse the high amp accessories/systems. It is false economy not to have them, but I bought at least two spares for the 300 and 350 amp ratings.

Because I travel remote, I bought quantities based on remote travel. You could save a lot by buying 1 spare instead.

Once I know all the MEGA range ZCASE® fuses ratings I will probably revise the list into two parts, basic fuse spares and remote fuse spares. The latter being more comprehensive and expensive (but still cheaper than trying to buy the fuses when you are remote after a failure). Below are the provisional suggestions. At the time of posting (May 2023) Australian pricing will be roughly (less if you already have Mini fuses and the Midi fuse):

If you need Mini, Midi and MEGA range ZCASE® fuses for remote travel it will be roughly AUD200.

The basic spares kits will be around AUD90, based on 35 assorted Mini fuses, a single 60 amp Midi fuse, a single MEGA range ZCASE® fuses rated at 300amps and a single MEGA range ZCASE® fuses at 350 amps.

Relays will cost more
Relays will be extra.
thanks so much for this enormously useful thread. I know so little about fuses and can get confused so easily. This will help me as I build a spares kit

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is still some uncertainty around the fuses, but the main ones are known - I would say we are 95% there now.

If in doubt hold off until you get your car.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INTERIOR ELECTRICAL CENTRE (SECONDARY FUSE BOX 1B) - High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel option

This mini fuse box is installed if you have the aux power option in your car. The fuse box is located on a bracket between the 7 stud busbar and the Main Battery.

Mini blade fuses used
The Mini blade fuses are used are rated at 5 amps (single fuse) and 25 amps (3 fuses).

Relays
It appears the fuses are used to fuse the four 614 Relays.

There is no fuse diagram at present only a photo from a Production vehicle.
2023 AU SPEC AUX FUSE BOX.jpg

High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel image and diagram
2023 AU SPEC AUX FUSE BOX ANNOTATED..jpg
1707447996637.png

Wider view with arrow pointing at mounting bracket.
AUX POWER FUSE BOX WIDE VIEW.jpg

APPARENT POWER SOURCE FOR THE HIGH LOAD AUXILIARY SWITCH PANEL (FUSE BOX 1B)
The power for the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel option (Fuse Box 1B) appears to come from Stud 4 on the 5 Stud busbar with a ZCASE® fuse rated at 80 amps. See here. Also check the busbar fuse if there is no power to this fuse box.

Attachments

• 2023 AU SPEC AUX FUSE BOX.jpg
    2023 AU SPEC AUX FUSE BOX.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Inline fuse holder to auxiliary battery
Vehicles fitted with an auxiliary battery, also have an inline fuse holder attached to the auxiliary battery for the CTEK120S. It has a 300amp MEGA fuse (a Midi style fuse).

The fuse holder looks like a LIttelfuse MEGA® SN Series - 70 V Bolt-Down Sealed Water-Resistant Fuse Holder. The image further below shows the 300 MEGA fuse (Midi style) in the open fuse holder.

AUX BATTERY INLINE FUSE DxO.jpg
The yellow parts are the clips holding the black cover in place (when the fuse holder is closed).

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Current state of affairs
Fuses can be located in up to 5 places in the INEOS Grenadier and the INEOS uses up to 6 different types of fuses.

Each owner will need to verify any variations in their car, because there are some variations.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fuse Box No 6
A sixth fuse box, well hidden under the bonnet, has been located. It is a high amp fuse box fitted with two MEGA fuses (Midi style). The fuse box is a Littlefuse: HPDM Series - 70 V Max 600 A 2-Pole MEGA® Fuse Power Distribution Module

Fuse Box 6 has two 125 amp MEGA fuses (Midi style) for the Power Steering Pump and the Cooling Fan 1 Relay #3. (thanks to my anonymous source).
UnderBonnetFuse box 2.JPG
Image courtesy of @macstech

Thanks to @bnebenda we can now see inside this fuse box. It has two 125 amp MEGA fuses (Midi style).
PHO00002.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom