The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
Wonder then if the 25A switch is connected to this?

If they are MEGA fuses they start at ratings of 80 amps and go up. The MIDI fuses are 80 amps and below. We need to see inside the fuse box to get the ratings.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thinking about the various fuse boxes more, I believe the general position is:
  1. all models have the three fuse boxes described in the INEOS Documentation (and above);
  2. the extra three fuses boxes depend on the accessories you choose, most notably the aux power pack. These vary between each car depending on how they are configured.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
Fuse Box No 6
A sixth fuse box has been located. It is a high amp fuse box under the bonnet/hood, probably fitted with MEGA fuses in the Midi style.
View attachment 7814370
Image courtesy of @macstech
I can locate this in my RHD. It's immediately below the brake fluid reservoir. Better access may be possible by removing the air filter/airbox.

I also have cables occupying both the A and B output(?) terminals, where in the above photo it looks like just the B terminal is occupied:
WP_20230607_011.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With airbox removed, it's a little easier to see; but you have to wonder of the logic of putting two high amp fuses in a location that's not easily accessible. This has to be a major fail for a vehicle that's supposed to be fixable in the bush.

They only had to bring it forward 20cm to 30cm and it would still need the airbox taking out but do'able. Where it is right now it looks impossible, unless the wheel arch liner is supposed to come out and access is from below?

WP_20230608_043.jpg
WP_20230608_042.jpgWP_20230608_045.jpg

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I
With airbox removed, it's a little easier to see; but you have to wonder of the logic of putting two high amp fuses in a location that's not easily accessible. This has to be a major fail for a vehicle that's supposed to be fixable in the bush.

They only had to bring it forward 20cm to 30cm and it would still need the airbox taking out but do'able. Where it is right now it looks impossible, unless the wheel arch liner is supposed to come out and access is from below?

View attachment 7815391
View attachment 7815392View attachment 7815393
On the cover it says 'replace fuses with same AMP rating see owners manual'. I can't seem to find this in the pdf manual I have, does anyone have an owner's manual that refers to this by chance?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I

On the cover it says 'replace fuses with same AMP rating see owners manual'. I can't seem to find this in the pdf manual I have, does anyone have an owner's manual that refers to this by chance?
I have not seen it. We need a photo with the lid removed to see the actual fuses. I am not aware of any manual for that fuse box at this time. The sticker is getting ahead of itself.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I

I've asked a two fold question of Customer Services:

"It's marked with an A & B output. Can you tell me what each output is and what is the rated fuse for each?"

I'll post any answer(s) received.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:59 AM
Reaction score
Got a message from my dealer last week. For the first time NOT in English (y) but in Dutch and French. Finally they understood that English isn't the mother tongue of the majority of Belgians.
A pity however that they didn't do it in German too, we have that tiny German speaking region that they should also treat with respect!

This is the translation, done by Google (it really works very well!)

Come to our exclusive showroom opening and live a unique test experience!

Dear Jean,
We are pleased to invite you to discover our brand new INEOS Grenadier showroom in Lokeren on Saturday June 24th.
The unique decoration and design concept perfectly reflect the exceptional character of the INEOS Grenadier: functional, no frills, yet contemporary and indestructible. But above all, with a seductive touch of difference.
In addition, we offer a convincing demonstration on our 4x4 off-road mobile structure on our land around the showroom. And you will also have the opportunity to register on site for a test drive where we will explore the unpaved roads around Lokeren. So you can experience the Grenadier's impressive off-road capabilities and smooth road manners for yourself.
But wait, we don't stop there! INEOS engineers will also be with us on the day to answer your questions, provide unique insights and lead engaging discussions on the INEOS Grenadier. We will also offer you freshly made pizzas and refreshing drinks to complete this experience. An opportunity not to be missed!

What will I do? You guess?
I will be there!
I want to remember the Hedin team that I have:
  • unanswered questions
  • two missing ordered accessories (off road recovery bag and roof bars)
  • still technical problems
  • and that I asked an offer and delivery estimate for the side steps
And the Ineos engineers ...
  • I will prepare a list of questions, you may help me :unsure::eek::ROFLMAO:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got a message from my dealer last week. For the first time NOT in English (y) but in Dutch and French. Finally they understood that English isn't the mother tongue of the majority of Belgians.
A pity however that they didn't do it in German too, we have that tiny German speaking region that they should also treat with respect!

Dear Jean,
We are pleased to invite you to discover our brand new INEOS Grenadier showroom in Lokeren on Saturday June 24th.
The unique decoration and design concept perfectly reflect the exceptional character of the INEOS Grenadier: functional, no frills, yet contemporary and indestructible. But above all, with a seductive touch of difference.
In addition, we offer a convincing demonstration on our 4x4 off-road mobile structure on our land around the showroom. And you will also have the opportunity to register on site for a test drive where we will explore the unpaved roads around Lokeren. So you can experience the Grenadier's impressive off-road capabilities and smooth road manners for yourself.
But wait, we don't stop there! INEOS engineers will also be with us on the day to answer your questions, provide unique insights and lead engaging discussions on the INEOS Grenadier. We will also offer you freshly made pizzas and refreshing drinks to complete this experience. An opportunity not to be missed!

I will be there!
  • unanswered questions
And a free lunch!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think if we don't laugh then we'll cry
I had a follow up to this. I pushed back to Philippe asking him to speak to the technical team, as his colleagues were with other contemporaneous queries. Next think I know is a get a phone call from a salesman from Chandlers who says he got a garbled message from Ineos to speak to me with regard to a query I had. Kudos to the chap for phoning me, but as he explained he wasn't a technician and didn't know anything about the fuses.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a follow up to this. I pushed back to Philippe asking him to speak to the technical team, as his colleagues were with other contemporaneous queries. Next think I know is a get a phone call from a salesman from Chandlers who says he got a garbled message from Ineos to speak to me with regard to a query I had. Kudos to the chap for phoning me, but as he explained he wasn't a technician and didn't know anything about the fuses.
Kudos to him - bit of a hospital pass and he passed.
P1ss up and brewery.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Dear Jean,

I will be there!
  • unanswered questions
  • and that I asked an offer and delivery estimate for the side steps
Great opportunity, can I suggest sending them your list of questions prior so as to give them a few days to get the answers for you.. otherwise....;) here's a few...

Is there a more detailed 'owners manual' to be made available?
Is or (when is) a detailed service manual/ procedures/wiring diagrams going to be made available?
Can we have a diagram of the trailer plug wiring set up...(I know they've answered this as 'standard 10 pin' but we need to know what pins do what as there's different set ups around the globe.. perhaps this could go in the owners manual... just say'n... ;)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great opportunity, can I suggest sending them your list of questions prior so as to give them a few days to get the answers for you.. otherwise....;) here's a few...
To be honest, I don't know if I will do it, because I almost never got a decent answer "beforehand" from Hedin, same from Ineos. But perhaps :unsure:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Is there a more detailed 'owners manual' to be made available?
Is or (when is) a detailed service manual/ procedures/wiring diagrams going to be made available?
Can we have a diagram of the trailer plug wiring set up...(I know they've answered this as 'standard 10 pin' but we need to know what pins do what as there's different set ups around the globe.. perhaps this could go in the owners manual... just say'n... ;)
OK, made up my mind, I will do it, I will send them my questions by the end of next week, and am curious how they will react.
I inserted your @bakepl questions in my temporary list.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did send a list of 27 questions and open issues to my dealer Hedin. I hope there will be some reaction before next Saturday, and otherwise on Saturday itself at the official opening of their (already opened since months) new showroom.

Any interesting answers for the forum will be posted here.

Back
Top Bottom