The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
Really, Hedin Belgium is funny ...
I did send yesterday my list of 27 questions (among them: where are the auxiliary power points, hehe ...)
But I got a very partial answer:
  • Winch manual: I got a new version. (will try to get it in the resources)
  • Where is my ordered off road recovery kit: Ready for pick-up at dealership! ( :mad: why do they wait till I ask!)
  • Continuous error warnings and errors: PDC, Power Steering, eCal, transmission, airbag system, ... : Update will follow, all known errors (software)
  • Bellstaff jackets, when? : We just updated our 'delivered' cars, so INEOS should contact you directly for jacket :eek:
  • When do we get a software update? INEOS tells me approx 5 more weeks
And again: "we focus first at deliveries, later the after sales" :unsure::( - I understand that they have a lack of resources, but still!

Anyway, happy to know that they read my mail and that I have "some" answers.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just found back this thread ....
For those who were awaiting technical responses after me meeting some Ineos engineers last Saturday at the official showroom opening of Hedin Belgium: as posted on another thread there were NO NONE ZERO VOID Ineos engineers, therefore I couldn't ask technical questions.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
So the next insta
I had a follow up to this. I pushed back to Philippe asking him to speak to the technical team, as his colleagues were with other contemporaneous queries. Next think I know is a get a phone call from a salesman from Chandlers who says he got a garbled message from Ineos to speak to me with regard to a query I had. Kudos to the chap for phoning me, but as he explained he wasn't a technician and didn't know anything about the fuses.
So the next installment has just dropped:
Screenshot_20230626_173706.jpg

To be clear the question was regarding this fuse box:
WP_20230608_042.jpg

And the question was "There's a two way high load fuse box under the bonnet, located on the inner wing adjacent to the brake fluid reservoir. It's marked with an A & B output. Can you tell me what each output is and what is the rated fuse for each?"

I feel I'm no nearer an actual factual answer.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just over a month on and I've not heard back on the initial list I sent my agent.
Well I chased the agent on these yesterday and got a phone call that didn't move much on:

1. Various damaged stickers
Answer: Ineos have not given them part numbers yet, so can't be ordered through the spare parts system.

2. Hub centres - showing surface rust - does Ineos have anything planned for this?
Answer: Ineos will be providing a grease to be applied to them.

3. Power steering fluid reservoir - marginally below minimum level.
Answer: Ineos have yet to provide the workshop with the correct fluid.

4. Is it possible to get hold of the completed PDI Form and in particular details of previous campaign work completed on the vehicle?
Answer: No these documents are for internal use only.

5. Engine oil measurement shows it requiring 500ml.
Answer: It's OK for road use, just don't go offroad. Ineos have yet to provide the workshop with the correct fluid.

Then today, I received a follow up to several questions that had gone to Ineos to answer but no reply had been received.

However, this email is now headed in large, bold letters:

Screenshot_20230628_203423.jpg
I'm puzzled, I don't recall signing any non-disclosure agreement or otherwise agreeing to deal with Ineos on this basis.

What are we talking about here, state secrets, design schematics for nuclear submarines? No, rather instructions for removal of trim around the main battery, a wiring diagram for the overhead console, an extract from the pocket guide (already widely available in full), a blank PDI form, plus a few rather snotty answers to other queries.

Leaving the detail aside, I'm really not understanding why Ineos are treating their customers in this way, especially after all the talk of simplicity and transparency.

I bought a vehicle from them, I'm a member of the public, I'm asking how certain things work, or can be taken apart~ things they stated they would provide before they took my money.

😞😞😞

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I chased the agent on these yesterday and got a phone call that didn't move much on:

Answer: Ineos have not given them part numbers yet, so can't be ordered through the spare parts system.

2. Hub centres - showing surface rust - does Ineos have anything planned for this?

4. Is it possible to get hold of the completed PDI Form and in particular details of previous campaign work completed on the vehicle?

Answer: It's OK for road use, just don't go offroad. Ineos have yet to provide the workshop with the correct fluid.

Then today, I received a follow up to several questions that had gone to Ineos to answer but no reply had been received.

View attachment 7818371
I'm puzzled, I don't recall signing any non-disclosure agreement or otherwise agreeing to deal with Ineos on this basis.

What are we talking about here, state secrets, design schematics for nuclear submarines? No, rather instructions for removal of trim around the main battery, a wiring diagram for the overhead console, an extract from the pocket guide (already widely available in full), a blank PDI form, plus a few rather snotty answers to other queries.

Leaving the detail aside, I'm really not understanding why Ineos are treating their customers in this way, especially after all the talk of simplicity and transparency.

I bought a vehicle from them, I'm a member of the public, I'm asking how certain things work, or can be taken apart~ things they stated they would provide before they took my money.

😞😞😞
  1. change your status to Grenadier owner if you bought it :eek: :unsure:
  2. I agree totally for all the rest you said :love:(y)
  3. I emphasize ... Ineos isn't treating us "guinea pigs" as we deserve to be treated, We want to help, providing feedback to Ineos, and want our problems to be solved, but they ignore us. I don't want a personal answer, I want answers. I am very angry :mad::devilish:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
  1. change your status to Grenadier owner if you bought it :eek: :unsure:
  2. I agree totally for all the rest you said :love:(y)
  3. I emphasize ... Ineos isn't treating us "guinea pigs" as we deserve to be treated, We want to help, providing feedback to Ineos, and want our problems to be solved, but they ignore us. I don't want a personal answer, I want answers. I am very angry :mad::devilish:
Here's a yarn. I ordered an Ineos partly due to my experience with the Norton 961. During the Simon Garner era of Norton the 961 was an expensive yet fault ridden bike - mostly plagued by electrical/fuel/sensor issues. Colorado Norton Works, a very reputable and experienced old norton restore/repair company was their dealer for a while and were providing improvement solutions to Norton based on their experience in repairing customers (and their own) 961's. Norton basically wiped them, no longer a dealer, however CNW went on to strip down one of their bikes completely and produce an extensive catalogue of repair manuals - free to anyone who required them and still are. Norton continued to build sub par bikes before going bust again, but never the less I bought one knowing the manuals were freely available and there was an extensive ownership network similar to this website. The bike I bought was low klm but complete shite, would cut out on roundabouts, ran like a dog etc etc. I still own it, runs great now with help of on line owners and the manuals. Hence I'm here now and lets just say little disappointed given all the hype by Ineos but not surprised. I'm hoping things will get better when dealers have more knowledge of the vehicle than some present owners do but never the less I'm confident the vehicle itself is made up of some very high quality components and that in time this forum will grow and have a huge knowledge base as does the 961 I referred to. So despite some early niggles I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on mine, it's an early build so hopefully soon. Note I would like a full set of workshop manuals please as I tend to travel remotely 😶. Oh, a sincere thanks to Jean, DCPU et al for all your efforts and distribution of knowledge, again very much appreciated... 😀

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I followed the Norton saga very closely. It was all very sobering.

I think they are on a decent footing now though, or I hope they are.

Reactions: PBD

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I followed the Norton saga very closely. It was all very sobering.

I think they are on a decent footing now though, or I hope they are.
Yes, a sad saga with some retirees most displeased shall we say... Perhaps the new owners will perform better (I hope so). I did receive an email a while ago now to the effect... 'sorry, but we're unable to support the previous 961', something like that but about as short.... so back to the forum and some wonderful characters... 😁

Reactions: PBD

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
Here's a yarn. I ordered an Ineos partly due to my experience with the Norton 961. During the Simon Garner era of Norton the 961 was an expensive yet fault ridden bike - mostly plagued by electrical/fuel/sensor issues. Colorado Norton Works, a very reputable and experienced old norton restore/repair company was their dealer for a while and were providing improvement solutions to Norton based on their experience in repairing customers (and their own) 961's. Norton basically wiped them, no longer a dealer, however CNW went on to strip down one of their bikes completely and produce an extensive catalogue of repair manuals - free to anyone who required them and still are. Norton continued to build sub par bikes before going bust again, but never the less I bought one knowing the manuals were freely available and there was an extensive ownership network similar to this website. The bike I bought was low klm but complete shite, would cut out on roundabouts, ran like a dog etc etc. I still own it, runs great now with help of on line owners and the manuals. Hence I'm here now and lets just say little disappointed given all the hype by Ineos but not surprised. I'm hoping things will get better when dealers have more knowledge of the vehicle than some present owners do but never the less I'm confident the vehicle itself is made up of some very high quality components and that in time this forum will grow and have a huge knowledge base as does the 961 I referred to. So despite some early niggles I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on mine, it's an early build so hopefully soon. Note I would like a full set of workshop manuals please as I tend to travel remotely 😶. Oh, a sincere thanks to Jean, DCPU et al for all your efforts and distribution of knowledge, again very much appreciated... 😀
I began Land Rover ownership 27 years ago because I’ve always loved them, and because of the extensive LR-Owner community.

Bring on the Gren!

👍

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
INTERIOR ELECTRICAL CENTRE (SECONDARY FUSE BOX 1B)

There is a secondary Fuse Box is located under the rear seats. It has Relays and Mini blade fuses. It is under a panel in the 2 seater version.

Mini blade fuses used
The Mini blade fuses are used are rated at 5 amps (single fuse) and 25 amps (3 fuses).

Relays
It appears the fuses are used to fuse the four 614 Relays.

There is no fuse diagram at present only a photo from a Production vehicle.
View attachment 7813206
I think the answers for this are now here:

It's a fuse box related to the additional switches/circuits associated with the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation option.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The three basic fuses boxes all cars have. The additional three fuses boxes depend on which accessories you have installed, so the total of fuse boxes varies.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The MEGA fuse under the bonnet is for the winch.
Which fuse is this?

The winch is wired into the MTA connector via the Red Winches thermal circuit breaker and an Albright relay/solenoid.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have a photo?

Aah - are you referring to post #47 above and the answer from Ineos Customer Services? I may be mistaken, but I think they are wrong!

That fuse box has two outputs A & B. In another answer, via my agent, I got this answer: "one fuse goes to the power steering pump and other cooling fan number 1 relay 3."

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
INTERIOR ELECTRICAL CENTRE (SECONDARY FUSE BOX 1B)

There is a secondary Fuse Box is located under the rear seats. It has Relays and Mini blade fuses. It is under a panel in the 2 seater version.

Mini blade fuses used
The Mini blade fuses are used are rated at 5 amps (single fuse) and 25 amps (3 fuses).

Relays
It appears the fuses are used to fuse the four 614 Relays.

There is no fuse diagram at present only a photo from a Production vehicle.
View attachment 7813206
Details of one of the relays:
IMG_20230704_154235105.jpgIMG_20230704_154249877.jpg

and on what they might be for:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have a photo?

Aah - are you referring to post #47 above and the answer from Ineos Customer Services? I may be mistaken, but I think they are wrong!

That fuse box has two outputs A & B. In another answer, via my agent, I got this answer: "one fuse goes to the power steering pump and other cooling fan number 1 relay 3."
I will add that to the unsure list. I hope to see a production vehicle in the next few weeks and work it out with the dealer.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7818371

😞😞😞
Yes, I am no lawyer but I can’t see how that is anything but a ham fisted and customer unfriendly attempt to intimidate you with a thinly veiled threat with no substance behind it. Probably the best they could attempt might be infringement of copyright by publishing materials in full, but I suspect that is also a long bow.

The only generous spin I can put on the complete lack of useful technical and operational information for owners is that this process is a bit like building an aeroplane in flight and they aren’t ready to publish this stuff because they are still making changes during production and so can’t finalise the documentation. But that’s a story in itself. And again something that could be addressed with some transparency if they are clear that information is provisional and subject to revision.

Back
Top Bottom