The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
The US Owner's Manual has more information on fuses and fuses boxes, than the previous hands out in other countries. It can be downloaded here. As it is a US Manual do not assume a non-US car is the same, but they do seem to have a lot in common. Look at page 194 and following.

It has extra information on other topics as well.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
New images are being uploaded and some information is being revised. If you see an error, let me know. More changes will be made over the coming days.

One big issue is that the fuses and electrics can vary between countries, without owners knowing all the details. So always exercise caution.

If in doubt speak to your dealer or autoelectrician.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just ordered the spare ZCase fuses and that was an expensive exercise. I probably spent a similar amount on the ZCase spares as all the other fuse types combined. Rounding up the dollars they are AUD29 each!

I have posted new information on the busbars here. As the busbars are also fuse holders, I will, in the coming days, add fuse information to this thread.

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
The US Owner's Manual has more information on fuses and fuses boxes, than the previous hands out in other countries. It can be downloaded here. As it is a US Manual do not assume a non-US car is the same, but they do seem to have a lot in common. Look at page 194 and following.

It has extra information on other topics as well.
They’re in the forum resources as well.

As we find out the other markets details. Please let me know and I’ll upload them as well.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some Relay information has been added to various posts. I do not have INEOS Part numbers despite asking.

It has been suggested to me the Relays in the Grenadier are Bosch Relays. This is only a DRAFT Table, everything needs to be confirmed:

1707456736216.png
Thank you to my source, who wishes to remain anonymous.

Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
Some Relay information has been added to various posts. I do not have INEOS Part numbers despite asking.

It has been suggested to me the Relays in the Grenadier are Bosch Relays. This is only a DRAFT Table, everything needs to be confirmed:

View attachment 7843249
Thank you to my source, who wishes to remain anonymous.
The Grenadier will be using ISO type relays this system is based on the Bosch standard. As a suggestion also include if the relay is a make, break or change over relay with resistor or diodes. Cole Hersee (Littelfuse), Hella, Delco, Narva etc may be the only brands available at some retailers in some regions. Bosch does have some cross reference literature back to OEM part numbers but unfortunately Ineos has not been added.
Added are some other links to resources that may be helpful in your quest.

Relay types.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
Diagram added to the post for the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel option. Thanks to my source that wishes to remain anonymous.

View attachment 7843486
In my opinion the description and amperage of FL03 and FL04 should be switched. In the "very famous" ;) picture that @DCPU posted and that I amended with fuse legends, the 5A fuse sits in position FL04.

See the picture here: https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/main-fuses-used-in-ineos-grenadier.12411958/#post-1333181794

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I pointed that out to the source, but they explained why they left it that way.
So, what is the explanation?
In my Grenadier the 5A fuse is also the FL04, and I remember I checked all the fuses by removing them and seeing what happened.
Even your picture above in post 17 doesn't correspond to the drawing! Strange that you post contradictory information then? :unsure:

[EDITED] The picture should be like this, at least for Manufacturing Year 2023:
1707447996637.png

Last edited:

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
WINCH FUSE
INEOS Australia today stated the RED winch circuit has a MEGA fuse (Midi style) rated at 400 amp for the 350 amp winch circuit. Others have said 250 amp fuses x 2.

The other way we can resolve this is for each owner to see what is installed in their car.

RELAYS
INEOS Australia has not yet confirmed spare relays are available from the Melbourne Warehouse (I asked).
Hello,

I might have missed it, but I never saw a clear statement regarding the fuse rating of the Winch Fuse Box located under the bonnet
I have not seen it. We need a photo with the lid removed to see the actual fuses. I am not aware of any manual for that fuse box at this time. The sticker is getting ahead of itself.
It was a painfull (for my hands) operation, but I suceeded. I removed the 3 bolts fixing the colant reservoir above and removed the two coolant hoses left and right to be able to lift the reservoir just enough to unlatch the yellow clips and peek into the box with an endoscope camera. The two fuses (2-Seater Utility with extra battery, high load switch and front winch sold in Germany if that matters) has got two 125A Mega-Fuses inside.

Attachments

• PHO00002.JPG
    PHO00002.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 24

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anybody found a source to buy the M6, M8, and M10 Studs that are needed for the spare spots in the 7- and 5-Stud Littlefuse Box? (The links lead to the Littlefuse pages with details, like e.g. PNs etc.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I might have missed it, but I never saw a clear statement regarding the fuse rating of the Winch Fuse Box located under the bonnet

It was a painfull (for my hands) operation, but I suceeded. I removed the 3 bolts fixing the colant reservoir above and removed the two coolant hoses left and right to be able to lift the reservoir just enough to unlatch the yellow clips and peek into the box with an endoscope camera. The two fuses (2-Seater Utility with extra battery, high load switch and front winch sold in Germany if that matters) has got two 125A Mega-Fuses inside.
Great that you've been able to visually confirm the fuse ratings for this box @bnebenda.

Based on a post by @DCPU elsewhere on the forum (which I can't find ATM) and my independent research these fuses are for the Power Steering Pump and Cooling Fan 1 Relay #3 (aircon?).

Cheers
Steve

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anybody found a source to buy the M6, M8, and M10 Studs that are needed for the spare spots in the 7- and 5-Stud Littlefuse Box? (The links lead to the Littlefuse pages with details, like e.g. PNs etc.
No is the short answer. I could only find a complete 5 stud or 7 stud busbar.

I did buy a spare 5 stud busbar in case of a BB failure when remote. I can also use the BB for spares if I need them. I expect to use some parts during the electrical fit out.

1707988974961.png

Back
Top Bottom