The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Left Rear Barn Door Not Closing

VictorM

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
When I was on a trip this weekend , an issues with the left (small barn door) doesn’t shut because the button you push to open the door satays suppresses and does not release.

basically you can’t fully close the door. Or can you lock the Grenadier.

Has anyone heard of this and any fixes? Still on the road hundreds of miles from my dealer

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably the same door button issue that some have had with their side doors. I think the dealer replaces something to fix it but for the short term I've seen people recommend slapping the door under the handle or spraying lube around the button. Good luck!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
When I was on a trip this weekend , an issues with the left (small barn door) doesn’t shut because the button you push to open the door satays suppresses and does not release.

basically you can’t fully close the door. Or can you lock the Grenadier.

Has anyone heard of this and any fixes? Still on the road hundreds of miles from my dealer
Yep, Does it most times. I have got into the habit of easing out with my thumb. Spraying with graphite on ptfe spray works for a while. They tried fixing with a rubber ring on the inside to no avail. Replacement handles would appear to be the logical step. I'm surprised though you haven't had the same problem on the other 4 doors

VictorM

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, Does it most times. I have got into the habit of easing out with my thumb. Spraying with graphite on ptfe spray works for a while. They tried fixing with a rubber ring on the inside to no avail. Replacement handles would appear to be the logical step. I'm surprised though you haven't had the same problem on the other 4 doors
Thanks. Concerned they don’t have a real fix yet

VictorM

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Probably the same door button issue that some have had with their side doors. I think the dealer replaces something to fix it but for the short term I've seen people recommend slapping the door under the handle or spraying lube around the button. Good luck!
Many thanks. I tried slapping under the handle. To no avail. More difficult with the ladder in the way. I’ll have to carry some lube going forward and a lighter pressure when depressing the button until such time I can get the dealer to fix

Phud

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
Try pressing the button in the 9 o'clock position, towards the three.

Thats all I do and no issues it always pops out

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Actual barn doors slide left or right in a rail above them. They do not hinge like the rear doors on your car.

Back
Top Bottom