The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

rear light dismounting

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
Some months ago, I damaged my rear left light trying to do some off road: cracked, a hole, …. I made an emergency repair, and left it like that, picture in this post was before the repair.
Last Friday they told me at the garage that there was quite some humidity in the light itself. I asked how I could dismount it, and they gave me some verbal explanation. Nice!
Therefore, today I dismounted it, removed my helicopter tape, put a hairdryer on the lamp to force the water vapor out of the lamp, and improved my repair.

What I will post here is how to dismount this rear lamp. It concerns the left lamp, side of the small door. Should be quite similar at the right side.
  1. Open the small door and remove 3 screws
    20231029_100312 3 screws and TX25.jpg
  2. Unclip the black stripe above the lamp
    20231029_100459.jpg
  3. Pull straight backwards the rear left plastic panel around the lamp, but once unclipped, do it carefully because it is a little bit stuck behind other panels
    20231029_100816.jpg20231029_100840.jpg20231029_161819.jpg
  4. Remove the 5 screws of the rear light support. Luckily for us, for once it are exactly the same kind of screws, doesn’t happen often with the Ineos Grenadier.
    20231029_101250 light support removal.jpg
  5. Disconnect the connector, there are two side clips, and one central, the last one is the most important.
    20231029_101847 clip.jpg
  6. Put the rear light support on a table and loose the 3 screws of the lamp. They are fixed to the support, therefore you can’t detach them completely, nice!
    20231029_102638.jpg20231029_103546.jpg
  7. Done, everything dismounted.
While the light was dismounted, I was wondering if the electronics of the car would detect it. Indeed! Good to know!
20231029_155433.jpg
(And by the way, for those who are used to my posts: my fuel tank is almost full :whistle:)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Looking forward to our US vehicles arriving and comparing the part number and wiring pins for the rear light... Swapping to Euro rear lights is definitely on my list (for the yellow turn indicator)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
Looking forward to our US vehicles arriving and comparing the part number and wiring pins for the rear light... Swapping to Euro rear lights is definitely on my list (for the yellow turn indicator)
Are the US rear lights different? I haven’t seen anything about that? What do they look like?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are the US rear lights different? I haven’t seen anything about that? What do they look like?
Visually look the same, but we have red rear indicators

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
Who will make a guard to protect these lights? 570 euros each weren't they?
Hedin price, but perhaps their mother house in Sweden is charging the handling costs Belgium > Sweden > back to Belgium.
Therefore the price for Germans, British, French, etc. is lower, but his a question rather than a statement.

samnt650

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same.. I hate the US Red turn indicators... Hope this would be a simple swap...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same.. I hate the US Red turn indicators... Hope this would be a simple swap...
I think it’s the same, it’s the software that makes them orange if I’m not mistaken.

samnt650

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think it’s the same, it’s the software that makes them orange if I’m not mistaken.
I'll check w/ the dealer when its time for me to do the Hitch wiring. Hope they can "flip the switch" for me

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll check w/ the dealer when its time for me to do the Hitch wiring. Hope they can "flip the switch" for me
They do not have that ability, I can guarantee that much

and1939

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There has to be wires going to the tail lights so I assume we can wire in just like with a wrangler. Just splice into the brake and turn lights etc.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There has to be wires going to the tail lights so I assume we can wire in just like with a wrangler. Just splice into the brake and turn lights etc.
Sure, ideally with a relay box (since you wouldn't want the load of the trailer lights added directly to the taillight circuits)

Back
Top Bottom