The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Unused electrical connector (rear right)

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
My knowledge of how electricity works is somewhat limited.
Now I think most of us know that's not true. Catch and release, or
200.gif

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
Bonjour à tous.
J'ai contacté mon correspondant INEOS Bymycar à Villeneuve-Loubet au sujet du fonctionnement du treuil du Grenadier. Il m'a indiqué que le fonctionnemenbt du treuil nécessite :
  • Moteur en fonctionnement
  • Levier du sélecteur sur N
  • Frein à main serré
  • Interrupteur EXT4 (500 A) sur ON (on entend clairement le relais qui « colle ».)
  • Télécommande de treuil sur ON (Un appui long sur le bouton central, la led verte s'allume)
L'appui sur les touches IN et OUT de la télécommande permettent le fonctionnement correct du treuil.
La led verte clignote lors de l'appui sur IN ou OUT, indiquant la communication avec le récepteur.

J'ai également testé la prise OTAN à l'arrière dans les mêmes conditions.
  • Levier du sélecteur sur N
  • Frein à main serré
  • Interrupteur EXT4 (500 A) sur ON (on entend clairement le relais qui « colle »).
Dans ces conditions, la tension mesurée sur la prise OTAN est de 14,17 Volts.
Il convient de vérifier que la tension est bien présente sur la prise OTAN en conditions :
  • Sélecteur sur D (Drive)
  • Interrupteur EXT4 (500 A) sur ON
En résumé, ça fonctionne correctement.
Bonne journée
1697106021514.png

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
That's good news. No workarounds are necessary unless you want the NATO socket to be powered at different times, e.g. when the engine is not running.

Reactions: PBD

Sylvan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
Have a rattling noise in the back of the car since some weeks. Therefore I dismounted my right rear trim this afternoon, to see if something behind it is loose. Had not done it before.

Anyone knows what this connector is for? (unused, 1.7 volts fluctuating when contact off, and 2.0 volts, fluctuating when motor running):
View attachment 7829226

The only thing that was loose was the cable powering the Albright relay (for powering the NATO plug):
View attachment 7829227
You can notice the loose clip. there is hole where you can plug it in (not visible, I did it by feeling)

But this wasn't the cause of the rattling.
I think it is the other (left) side panel, where I broke two clips some months ago while dismounting, but not sure yet.

@Jean Mercier did you find your rattle? I've had a rattle since the day I picked my car up, and when I was running a separate wire to activate the large relay, I went looking for my illusive rattle and discovered that it is coming from inside the Albright relay itself. Maybe yours is the same?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier did you find your rattle? I've had a rattle since the day I picked my car up, and when I was running a separate wire to activate the large relay, I went looking for my illusive rattle and discovered that it is coming from inside the Albright relay itself. Maybe yours is the same?
Thanks for this information. I don't hear any rattle anymore, but I haven't been on bad corrugated roads the last weeks, therefore I am not sure if it is gone or not.

Back
Top Bottom