The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary Lights in the Grill - High Power LED light upgrade without any cutting

Which Light Brackets would you be willing to pre-order

• 1) Exzeit LML-5064B (160W total)

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • 2) KC Hilites Flex Era 4 (160W total)

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 3) Diode Dynamics SS3 (80W total)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 4) Clearwater Lights Super Sevina (140W total)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 5) Clearwater Lights Dixi (200W total)

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

saltet fynbo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
That looks really clean. Those brackets are genius. Which switch did you end up wiring them to? I assume the 25amp under hood ? Ext5?

Please keep me in mind if you are looking for testers.
I've attached a few more pics below showing:
- the various LED lights I experimented with (mostly PAR46 and a few pods)
- some install details
- the tight fit inside the grill light bucket
- the intensity of these new auxiliary lights compared to the headlights (hi beams)

I plan to install the next proto tomorrow then order a batch of brackets to send out. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to test them. I will DM people probably next week to figure out who is serious. I will ask you to source the lights yourself (~$80) and commit to installing the kit within a week of receipt. Your thoughtful feedback on the install process and any possible improvements is requested.

If anyone finds a good pod light candidate from a high-end light manufacturer, please message me. It would be great for people to have some choices.

@Stu_Barnes I wonder if you are following this. I think a bracket kit would be a great product for forum members, as it seems like there is a demand out there for a cost-effective upgrade path. Power(ful aux lights) to the people!
Wow this is fantastic..sign me up for a pair of those brackets.

BoiseIdaho

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:17 AM
Reaction score
I have a few questions:
For those considering the Dixi’s, are you going with spot, combo or fogs? Will you mount the toggle switch or wire directly to Ext5? Where are you planning on mounting the dimmer control?
Has anyone had any experience with the Exzeit’s lights? Can’t beat the price. Thanks for everyone’s help on this, especially Ben!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
I have a few questions:
For those considering the Dixi’s, are you going with spot, combo or fogs? Will you mount the toggle switch or wire directly to Ext5? Where are you planning on mounting the dimmer control?
My choice would be spot, bypass dimmer control, and wired to my Switch Pros SP-9100

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
i would aslo bypass dimmer control. and then somehow figure out a relay to utilize the existing on/off OEM switch.

Thats exactly what i would do. Find a way to use the switch in the high load panel as a switch for the extra headlights directly and bypass the offroad mode. Probably need to use a relay for it. I would also add in a second relay so they only come on with the high beams. I don't need dimmer.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
Thats exactly what i would do. Find a way to use the switch in the high load panel as a switch for the extra headlights directly and bypass the offroad mode. Probably need to use a relay for it. I would also add in a second relay so they only come on with the high beams. I don't need dimmer.
That is game plan as this thread the amps are to big, so we are connecting them to ext 5.

Back
Top Bottom