The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

warning - self locking grenadier with keys inside

Nguni

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
Today I tested mine and no matter how I tried it would not lock itself. It will only re lock if I unlock it with the remote but then fail to open one of the doors.
Mine has the latest 1946 full update, so perhaps Ineos have cured the problem?
Mine would not lock from the keyFob from collection . Eventually at the dealer they found that one the front bonnet catches was slightly out of adjustment ( easy fix ) - you need to be sure it takes 2 "pulls " to open the bonnet otherwise you can start and drive the car but only lock it from the key ( which may not alarm it ) - the detail on start screen that shows one of the doors are open does not include the 2 bonnet interlocks but you may get a alert showing a bonnet with red and a few bongs with no text ??

It has locked fine every time since then

We really at the very least need some simple sequence diagrams ( flow chart ) to diagnose issues - INEOS where are the promised electrical / electronic diagrams ???

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have attempted to get a spare (dumb) key cut using an on-line service cutting to the key code and a good photo of the original. This is just in case I need a spare to let others into the car who get there first or in case of accidentally locking the keys in. I do not want to use the official spare for this. I told the cutter that the van was Ineos Grenadier but possibly a Renault lock and it looked like a VA6/2 blank. He told me that based on the image the blank was likely to be a VA8 (Citroen and perhaps others) and he said he cut it to code. The key that arrived and looked very similar and would lock the door easily but unlocking could only be achieved by pushing the key down (not inwards) whilst turning. First time users would not gain access and pushing/forcing keys is not a good idea. I measured the blank and it was 7.00mm wide compared to 7.30mm on the original using my cheap vernier calipers. This difference pushed the milling profile to one side of the blank. I asked if another key could be cut on a wider blank but after a friendly chat I was told that it would be better to buy a Toy51 (toyota) blank and get the key copied at a cobblers using a cloning/copying machine as it could not not be sucessfully cut from the code. He could copy it if a sent him an original. I am told that the key has 8 indents and 4 depths. The difference in blank width was dismissed and within tolerance of the lock but Iooking at the two keys the 0.3mm is noticable. There appear to be several variations of the Toy51 blank and some look like the grenadier but none I have found give a width measurement.
Has anyone else had a spare key cut?
Bump. Anyone got any updates re spare key blanks?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
I have left the keys in mine overnight. It didn’t lock. I’ll be more careful now.

Unless there is a hidden setting somewhere?
Or could you have somehow hit the lock button on the door on exit? Seems unlikely but ???
I believe I found a setting that controls this - it's at the very bottom (you have to scroll down) in the locking menu. I had the work-through in my brain, but during the voyage from my truck to my work computer the details have vanished. However, I do believe there is a setting and I'll look later and list the actual setting sequence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom