The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

KAON in Australia to develop INEOS products in 2024

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
For Australian owners, KAON is coming back on board in 2024 to develop products for the INEOS. They have been No, then Yes, then No (after the new Prado was announced) and now Yes again.

Updated via Ben Neville from Aussie FB page. They will develop a rear roof shelf, side molle panels and a cargo barrier.

KAON INEOS Dec 2023.jpg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So do I, it is on my shopping list.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
His statement says......"will include"........meaning there maybe other products too.

Saschi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score
I love that rear roof shelf. Has anybody seen something like that anywhere else yet?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love that rear roof shelf. Has anybody seen something like that anywhere else yet?
Not for the INEOS, but they are available for other brand cars in Australia.

Saschi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:48 AM
Reaction score
I just found this European brand. The roof shelf looks good, however, it seems only suitable for the Utility Wagon. Price is good as well!

levicauson

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I just found this European brand. The roof shelf looks good, however, it seems only suitable for the Utility Wagon. Price is good as well!

It does support both versions. Ordered one ahead of my grenadier delivery and quality looks great:

alexandruast

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
I've had the Kaon roof shelf installed on my LC150 for a few years. Although I like the versatility of it (be it Kaon or other similar designs), it has multiple drawbacks:

1. Weight - it is heavy to the point that it's heavier than the items you store in it (I use it for the first aid kit, sleeping bags, hammocks, tarps, blankets, misc clothing items and a low hanging paper towel roll).
2. Position - I am not very comfortable with 10kg of steel sitting close to my kids's heads while driving. In case of a rollover, or you get rear ended, the shelf will be a hazard. There is a reason you don't have exposed hard steel or steel corners in any recently built car.
3. Space - It takes away roof space if you are using a sleep platform. For sleep platforms, I found out (the hard way) that I prefer more roof space than less roof space.

A mesh is a better option for that type of storage, in my opinion. And only to store soft items, like blankets, sleeping bags, clothing.

Many people go overboard with accessories, myself included. It's easy to get lost in the process.
For the IG, I will be carefully evaluating my needs and expenses regarding gear I place higher than the door panels (both inside and outside, including the roof), and the potential impact on safety.

Back
Top Bottom