The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Kanvas bag/products suppliers

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:44 PM
Reaction score
Which ones fit under the seat do we think?
None of those I just listed (I have the custom bags for under the IG seats). It is an odd shape under the seats. Best bet is to buy a bag with some flexibility, and not pack it too tightly, so the bag fits the available space.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
None of those I just listed (I have the custom bags for under the IG seats). It is an odd shape under the seats. Best bet is to buy a bag with some flexibility, and not pack it too tightly, so the bag fits the available space.
The small Aldi canvas bags (not the clear lid type) loosely packed work well...
EDIT: I checked the offerings for Sept16...I have some of those from last time...they're too large.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The small Aldi canvas bags (not the clear lid type) loosely packed work well...
EDIT: I checked the offerings for Sept16...I have some of those from last time...they're too large.
These - available from 13 Sept?

Screenshot 2023-09-10 203839.png

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Aldi
In Australia Aldi have larger size canvas bags on sale from 16 Sept.

Cooee Canvas
I bought some Cooee Canvas Premium Canvas Toiletry Bags recently. Very high quality and went back and bought two more (as Christmas presents for family members). They are on special at AUD35, normally AUD50. A few other items are also on sale, representing great value.

Cooee’s Explorer Bags also offer something different from other canvas bags makers in terms of shape and size (although UnderKover Flat Bags come close, look here). They will compliment my other canvas bags nicely.

Because I intend to get some internal Molle panels in the Grenadier, I also bought some Molle Carabiner’s from Cooee Canvas, currently 50% off at AUD5 each. Excellent quality. I can use them on the cargo barrier, if I do not buy the Molle panels.

Because of demand you need to wait a few extra days as they work through the order backlog. Both orders came in under 2 weeks, but I live in the same State as Cooee.

EDIT: I caved in and placed a third order, those Mini Clear Top Canvas Bags are too good to pass up at AUD20 each, on sale from AUD30. I use these bags for fuses, camera batteries, rescue tape, etc in my drawers (and at home for storage). They also make great presents for family members who go camping, for the same reason (I did this last Christmas!).

Yes I do my Christmas shopping early, it is now 90% done. My theme for this Christmas was Australian made, useful, excellent quality that hopefully lasts a lifetime.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Crashpad
I volunteer on a van for the homeless and we needed some storage bags to protect some of the items from moisture. So, I donated some Crashpod clear top canvas bags (and got to test them as well). They are well made with a three layer wall; the clear top makes it easy to see what we need and so far, they are doing fine. It is still early days but the build quality probably means they will give years of service.

One difference in the Crashpad bags, from other brands listed, is that many models have a canvas outer, PVC inner and a foam insert between the inner and outer walls. They also have a plastic handle over the each end, making it more comfortable to carry when loaded.

Crashpad bags are on the more expensive side of the price scale, but if they last years that becomes irrelevant (and the three layers partially explains the premium price). I have a rule on the van, never buy any items for the homeless you would not use yourself, and I would use the Crashpad bags.

I noticed that Ronny Dahl has a few Crashpad items in his videos on the 79 Series.

Crashpad has a large range of rear wheel garbage bags, five different models.

Screenshot 2023-09-17 07.11.47.png

Crashpod bags by Crashpad
View: https://youtu.be/VcUqyS4XJX4

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
I never thought I would have over 20 companies when I started this list, and I have not added the saddleries yet! There is a few that offer canvas and leather combos.
Please don’t. As I already said in the Melvill and Moon thread, I might have to buy all their stuff then.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lucky for you, they are Australian based businesses.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
I am so happy about that. Filson has made it over here a few years ago from the US. That was a disappointment for me, though, because suddenly all the muggles were running around with their laptop bags. And then there is Croots from England. I have their flight bag which I like a lot. But their prices make you think their bags were hand stitched by some British Lord.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
I am so happy about that. Filson has made it over here a few years ago from the US. That was a disappointment for me, though, because suddenly all the muggles were running around with their laptop bags. And then there is Croots from England. I have their flight bag which I like a lot. But their prices make you think their bags were hand stitched by some British Lord.
Filson is some crazy expensive stuff. I have never owned their gear but it looks great. Hopefully it's worth the price.

Ford actually made a Filson fire edition new Bronco as a one off. LINK

Our Grenadiers are obviously affiliated with Belstaff, but there have been a handful of companies to work with automakers. We had the Eddie Bauer Broncos, LL Bean Subarus, hell, there was even a Levi's edition Gremlin!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DRIFTA now has a range of INEOS products, view here, including drawers and 12 volt installs.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be more inclined to believe them if they used photos of their kit actually installed in a Grenadier... ;)
True, but they use a common design and then customise it the car. They do lots of car models, and we should be grateful there is another supplier (and another choice), because quite a few 4x4 names are not doing anything as yet.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PART 2 - AUSTRALIA
The first post has reached its word limit. So this is the second covering more websites including saddleries.

AKUBRA
In addition to their world famous hats, Akubra now offers a limited range of canvas travel bags, a 35 litre version and the bigger 65 litre bag. Plus, a leather travel bag here.

ANGUS BARRETT SADDLERY AND LEATHER GOODS
Various canvas and canvas/leather travel bags, plus wallets, belts, Leatherman holders and many things for your horse. High end products beautifully made, but you pay for the quality.

BLACK DUCK CANVAS
Black Duck is mostly known for their canvas seat covers, but they also make Console Covers, Steering wheel covers and Picnic blankets.

CarMatsCulture
They sell car mats for the INEOS Grenadier, look here. Link supplied by Tazzieman.

INFRONT CAMPING GEAR
A variety of canvas products including aprons, bush showers, shopping bags, map bags, other bags, etc. look here. All about placing your order look here. Lifetime warranty, provided products are not mistreated.

SAUL SWAGS, etc.
Swags with a lifetime guarantee (ex-mattresses), and various canvas products like utility bags, ground sheets, wood carrier, dog beds and mozzie nets here.

SUNSET CANVAS & PVC
Gear and tool bags (mostly PVC), swags (canvas and PVC combo) and various covers for your vehicle.

TRASHAROO AUSTRALIA
Make a spare wheel bag to hold trash. The bag has Molle straps to add other items to the outside of the bag.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Edit: working now.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The bag for the INEOS is made. Bought from Murchinson River Swags and Bags listed above. I sourced the fabric accent myself, being Walk About (Wine). The pattern comes in two colours either Wine or Ochre. I thought Walk About was an appropriate choice. Made from Military Grade canvas and it will outlast me. Both handles are made from the same single piece of webbing. My surname is stenciled in black on the other side of the bag. Burgundy canvas.

IMG_3683.JPEG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom