The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Kanvas bag/products suppliers

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
The bag for the INEOS is made. Bought from Murchinson River Swags and Bags listed above. I sourced the fabric accent myself, being Walk About (Wine). The pattern comes in two colours either Wine or Ochre. I thought Walk About was an appropriate choice. Made from Military Grade canvas and it will outlast me. Both handles are made from the same single piece of webbing. My surname is stenciled in black on the other side of the bag.

View attachment 7832628
Mike - I like the colour.

You say "military grade" canvas.

Is there a specific denier or other metric that the Australian military imposes before they buy or is this a more generic term?

cheers

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mike - I like the colour.

You say "military grade" canvas.

Is there a specific denier or other metric that the Australian military imposes before they buy or is this a more generic term?

cheers
Normally around 16oz canvas in its finished state. I am not sure if the military prescribe that, or the industry just use the term. Double layer of canvas on the bottom of the bag and the zips can be undone right down to the bottom, effecting splitting the bag in two.

Threes sizes available, this is the smallest, around 45 litre capacity. Medium size is 70 litres maybe even 75 litres, the largest is MASSIVE.

They have orders up right up to Christmas already.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
@OverlandGearGuy welcome to the forum. I was checking out your website and I noticed you don't have a under the front seat cubbie box. Is this something that is in the works?

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
@OverlandGearGuy welcome to the forum. I was checking out your website and I noticed you don't have a under the front seat cubbie box. Is this something that is in the works?
Thank you Well I tried one of my pouches there, it will work, but I think I will be coming up with something better, What would you like to put there ?

Rob

Attachments

• INEOS Grenadier Accessories-117.jpg
    INEOS Grenadier Accessories-117.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 66
  • INEOS Grenadier Accessories-118.jpg
    INEOS Grenadier Accessories-118.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 57

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Well I tried one of my pouches there, it will work, but I think I will be coming up with something better, What would you like to put there ?

Rob
Great question, It would be for storage like a first aid kit, jumper pack, gloves, fuses. Things I won't need everyday but want quick access too.

Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
Here you can get high quality bags too:
https://tryland.de/en/

I know the owner from his old company (delta-bag.de), because management changing he founded his new company a few years ago.
delta-bags still offers a few products that he developed a few years ago (e.g. seat covers for VW Amarok).

I don´t have any Bags or seat covers, because my parts are stored in cheap euro-boxes, and the seats are durable leather-seats :)

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
Great info - disappointed in the BDM Leather/Campers Choice bags prices for under the front seats - $100usd per bag before shipping. Found several on Amazon that look like packing cubes and heavy duty for $10

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are not comparing like with like. The BDM Leather/Campers Choice bag is custom designed to use all the available space, it is made of high-quality material and designed to last. A $10 bag is made in a third world country with low wages and dubious labour practices.

Years ago, I decided to avoid, as best I could, countries closely connected with modern slavery (like China for example).

BDM make a premium product and I knew that when I bought it.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are not comparing like with like. The BDM Leather/Campers Choice bag is custom designed to use all the available space, it is made of high-quality material and designed to last. A $10 bag is made in a third world country with low wages and dubious labour practices.

Years ago, I decided to avoid, as best I could, countries closely connected with modern slavery (like China for example).

BDM make a premium product and I knew that when I bought it.
Hello - I am comparing like for like. I bought Eagle Creek - which are probably made in China - but since the brand is sold by REI - a very reputable store/company in the US who are active in supplier and source monitoring; I felt good. Please do not assume you are the only one on the board who thinks about children making products.

The bags are literally less than 0.15 inches difference in their dimensions to BDM and are heavy nylon with a thick clear window. While I liked the BDM - their mark up is quite significant - $100 for each bag is something that in materials costs pennies - plus pay another $75 for shipping. Not doubting BDM are high quality but figured the alternatives are close and still ethical

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello - I am comparing like for like. I bought Eagle Creek - which are probably made in China - but since the brand is sold by REI - a very reputable store/company in the US who are active in supplier and source monitoring; I felt good. Please do not assume you are the only one on the board who thinks about children making products.

The bags are literally less than 0.15 inches difference in their dimensions to BDM and are heavy nylon with a thick clear window. While I liked the BDM - their mark up is quite significant - $100 for each bag is something that in materials costs pennies - plus pay another $75 for shipping. Not doubting BDM are high quality but figured the alternatives are close and still ethical
I am not assuming anything But a bag costing ten dollars which covers material costs, labour, transport costs from country of origin and profit, has cut corners somewhere. These products are not on my shopping list and I do not promote them.

You prompted my response because of your gratuitous comments on DBM Leather which you do not even own. That is not the purpose of this thread, which is trying to help people with choices. Your contribution is controversy.

I have no connection with DBM other being a customer.

Last edited:

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am not assuming anything But a bag costing ten dollars which covers material costs, labour, transport costs from country of origian and profit, has cut corners somewhere. These products are not on my shopping list and I do not promote them.

You prompted my response because of your gratuitous comments on DBM Leather which you do not even own. That is not the purpose of this thread, which is trying to help people with choices. Your contribution is controversy.

I have no connection with DBM other being a customer.

No worries - have a good weekend!

Robert T

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Hi @YellowLab . Do you mind sharing which Eagle Creek bag you got? Thanks

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
Here is the link to eagle creek - there are several that are the same size as the other more expensive bags. I would pick the ones you like then search on the web where you will find a better price.
Forgot the link 😉

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Received two “AOS Canvas 4WD Compact Under Seat Storage Bag with Clear Top 11cm” from Aussie Outback Supplies. Very robust, perfect fit under the seats, Aussie made and well priced.

Attachments

• IMG_2710.jpeg
    IMG_2710.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2711.jpeg
    IMG_2711.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom