The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How well do the heated seats work on cloth seats?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
I've only had heated seats with leather. In my mind the cloth doesn't seem as optimal. How well does the heater work?

Reactions: SBA

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
It will work fine. The reason why everyone wants heated seats with leather is not that it only works with leather. Leather just is longer cold than fabric because it has quite a high heat/cold capacity. At least I understood it that way.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
I had heated cloth on my GTI, and "softex" vinyl in the 4runner. I found the heat with the cloth was more radiant or convective, vs more conductive heat in the softex, since the seat has to heat up before transferring the heat through the material. It was so long ago for the GTI I can't say which was faster, but they both got more than warm enough.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
It's perfectly well. As if there was no cover at all.

roozkhan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Can you rinse out the interior with the heated cloth seats? It won't short the heating element?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
Do they give us the option of seats with Cooling for Australia??

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sadly no. I did find an outfit in the States that can do it though. I purposely didn’t get IA leather because I would like AC seats. I know it’s a bit whiny and soft, but my back seriously get sweaty when I drive.
Katskin

PS-no cats were harmed in the making of this post.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can respect that. Well, my OCD tendencies respect that.

• Haha
Reactions: jwb

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
I ordered the heated seat for a dumb reason, it fills out the console panel.
Gold. 😂

I ended up with them by default as you can’t delete them when choosing leather seats.
Not a lot of need for heated seats in Queensland Aust for 11 months of the year, although it’s gotten down to around 8-10 deg C here of a morning and everyone is freezing. 😂😂

I would have preferred the blanks on the console to mount other things.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Gold. 😂

I ended up with them by default as you can’t delete them when choosing leather seats.
Not a lot of need for heated seats in Queensland Aust for 11 months of the year, although it’s gotten down to around 8-10 deg C here of a morning and everyone is freezing. 😂😂

I'm sure you could just unwire the seat switches and hook something else up if you wanted. If I lived somewhere that hot I would do that.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:24 AM
Reaction score
Gold. 😂

4.3 degrees at 5 am this morning

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure you could just unwire the seat switches and hook something else up if you wanted. If I lived somewhere that hot I would do that.
Underseat cooling fans?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Underseat cooling fans?
Theoretically this could work... I'm not sure if the output travels through the body control module or if it is like aftermarket heated seat kits (where the switch directly controls the heating elements). If it is direct, then the 3 steps could be translated into 3 fan speeds (assuming it is PWM instead of voltage steps)

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Gold. 😂

You are looking at it all wrong. On the hottest day, crank up seats and keep a/c low. That way when you exit the car, it will feel like a cool day outside.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
First real test of the heated seats last night. 2 seat utility, cloth seats. Was out wildfowling (trying, without success, to shoot ducks or geese) and came back to the Grenadier soaked through and cold. Heated seats were fantastic, warmed up the lumber areas as well. Also the main heating worked very well and heated the front area quickly.

Back
Top Bottom