The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Tougher seat covers

Thunderbird

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
How did anyone decide between the two fabric material choices. I didn’t see the difference listed anywhere. Also wondering how big the side pockets are, are we fitting Nalgene’s in there or more of a glasses case size?

CSDonny

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
I bought a full set of the Charcoal canvas with all the covers (three rear head rests, center console) and the rear tire cover with the extra zippered pocket that I would like to sell. It has never been used. Decided to not get the vehicle. I ordered the set in the middle of January. they cost US$420 and takes 6-8 weeks to deliver. I will eat the shipping to wherever in the states. I am in Colorado Springs and it would be great to get it someone here or anywhere along the 25 corridor up to Denver or Summit county where I am on the weekends and I will just drop them off. Anyone interested just PM me. Robert

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score
I bought a full set of the Charcoal canvas with all the covers (three rear head rests, center console) and the rear tire cover with the extra zippered pocket that I would like to sell. It has never been used. Decided to not get the vehicle. I ordered the set in the middle of January. they cost US$420 and takes 6-8 weeks to deliver. I will eat the shipping to wherever in the states. I am in Colorado Springs and it would be great to get it someone here or anywhere along the 25 corridor up to Denver or Summit county where I am on the weekends and I will just drop them off. Anyone interested just PM me. Robert
Put an ad in the classifieds section as well, it will let everyone know that isn’t monitoring this thread.

Tatum

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
How did anyone decide between the two fabric material choices. I didn’t see the difference listed anywhere. Also wondering how big the side pockets are, are we fitting Nalgene’s in there or more of a glasses case size?
Hi,
Just a quick one on the fabric. Polycotton is harder wearing than cotton, that is why we began using polycotton fabric first. But some people prefer the cotton because the weave looks and appears harder wearing than the polycotton but it in fact it isnt.
That was a mouthful but i hope you understand. :)
Then re the Nalgene bottle, no the pocket size is better for a phone (I hide mine in there daily ) or a glass case or something of that size.
I have attached the 4 colour options, open up the image and you can see the different weaves. At the top is the polycotton charcoal, then going down in order is the cotton canvas light khaki, then the polycotton light khaki, then at the bottom the cotton canvas dove grey. You can see that the cotton weave is different to the polycotton.

Ineos Colours .jpg

Hope this helps.
Tatum

Attachments

• Ineos Colours .jpg
    Ineos Colours .jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 17

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,
Just a quick one on the fabric. Polycotton is harder wearing than cotton, that is why we began using polycotton fabric first. But some people prefer the cotton because the weave looks and appears harder wearing than the polycotton but it in fact it isnt.
Then re the Nalgene bottle, no the pocket size is better for a phone (I hide mine in there daily ) or a glass case or something of that size.
I have attached the 4 colour options, open up the image and you can see the different weaves. At the top is the polycotton charcoal, then going down in order is the cotton canvas light khaki, then the polycotton light khaki, then at the bottom the cotton canvas dove grey. You can see that the cotton weave is different to the polycotton.

View attachment 7847974

Hope this helps.
Tatum
Thanks Tatum. Since the back seats don’t have cup holders, could an optional drink holder be incorporated in the back of the front seat covers?

Tatum

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Tatum. Since the back seats don’t have cup holders, could an optional drink holder be incorporated in the back of the front seat covers?
The back of the front seats have a big pocket. Check out this video Ineos Charcoal Video at exactly 11 seconds and you can see them. You can definitely pop water bottles and snacks etc in there.

Thanks
Tatum

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there, they loop around the bar underneath the seat - it helps secure the seat cover to the base, ensuring a very snug fit. I am about to go into a meeting but i can get pics to show you once i am out. Let me know if this helps at all. Tatum
Tatum, sorry for the late reply. I went on vacation and tried to leave the Internet "at home".
I figured it out after I discovered your older post with a picture of a similar constructed seat. Thank you 🙏

Thunderbird

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

View attachment 7847974

Hope this helps.
Tatum
Thanks for that, while I trust the Polly being tougher I like the lighter color. Planning to order a pair tonight.

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there,

Please see below, not specifically a photo of the underneath of an IG but very similar.

What the photo shows is the cross bar, in the IG it might be more towards the front but would
look very similar to what is shown in the attached. The long webbing loops over this bar and then attaches to the ladder lock.

Let me know if these help.

Tatum
1707803255371.png

This is an image of the crossbar , the webbing must loop under and then over and back to the ladder lock buckle.

1707803331532.png

Webbing looped over the cross bar and attached to the ladder lock buckle.

Please let me know if this makes sense.
Thanks,
Tatum
It absolutely makes sense. It's a very tight fit now and I'm pleased with the outcome. Excellent product.

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Jetjockey when I installed mine, because it was easier for me, I actually removed the bolts holding the seats to the vehicle. Being able to tilt them fore and aft I was able to perfectly position everything and assure exact fit and fastening of the straps. Your mileage may vary but that’s what worked best for me.

On another note, my M&M covers fitted in my 4Runner always caused me problems because I couldn’t ever get the drivers seat bottom to fit tight enough which in turn it is always creeping up from the side.
I might remove the bolts on the next one and see what's faster. Thank you 🙏

Scotsitalian

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
I’ve got the full set on mine here in Scotland. Bryan made set up for me just after new year in the polycotton dark grey.
They are so much better than the Ineos ones so I sold my original Ineos ones on eBay.
Service and communication was great, they arrived in 2 weeks using bel air freight.
All the covers are labelled internally and come in a hold-all. quality excellent and fir so much better than Ineos.
They are fiddly to fit y dear the front seats but you have to be patient to get them right. They are rated for airbags.
I liked the centre console cover.
I’ve asked Bryan to think about under seat holdalls to carry tools etc but nothing so far.
Cannot go wrong with these, really great service!

Back
Top Bottom