The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What i have learned about the Grenadier inventory.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Since the latest update that has pushed my Grenadier back to a Oct, I have been scouring the dealer sites to see available options. Here are some of my random thoughts.

*so many are base models that are random interiors. As if people had fever dreams when building out their options. For example black and white leather, no heated seats and that's it. As if someone decided, I can only afford a base but I would not be caught dead driving utility seats.

*no I don't want the safari windows. Many of the models do not have safari windows. Again these are ones for sale. One of coolest options and most of inventory does not have them.

* saddle leather. Again non existent, makes me think the percentage of people here in USA do not have the saddle leather.

* one dealer has several trialmasters. But the kicker, they are all on 18. Makes me think the dealer thought the fake rock ring wheels would sell better than the steelies.

* silver and queens red are at bottom of list and the blue shades are at the top. Many of the inventory models are one of the 3 shades of blue. A lot of blue were ordered by people. Queen red is nowhere to be seen. I have found 2. I have found more silver than queen red but again it is in the single digits. Also their are very few with contrasting roofs in general.

My takeaway is those individuals that ordered their grenadier and walked away, were people who was already stretching their budget to get into one. Or they did not want the trialmaster/fieldmaster plate and wanted the built on purpose plate. But then built out something that had one or two things different. Finally, I have some must haves and this is what's make me so picky. One that has surprised me the most is the saddle leather. I didn't realize how much I wanted it until today. I would take a silver or queens red options but none of them have the saddle leather.

Last edited:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:44 PM
Reaction score
Since the latest update that has pushed my Grenadier back to a Oct, I have been scouring the dealer sites to see available options. Here are some of my random thoughts.

*so many are base models that are random interiors. As if people had fever dreams when building out their options. For example black and white leather, no heated seats and that's it. As if someone decided, I can only afford a base but I would not be caught dead driving utility seats.

*no I don't want the safari windows. Many of the models do not have safari windows. Again these are ones for sale. One of coolest options and most of inventory does not have them.

* saddle leather. Again non existent, makes me think the percentage of people here in USA do not have the saddle leather.

* one dealer has several trialmasters. But the kicker, they are all on 18. Makes me think the dealer thought the fake rock ring wheels would sell better than the steelies.

* silver and queens red are at bottom of list and the blue shades are at the top. Many of the inventory models are one of the 3 shades of blue. A lot of blue were ordered by people. Queen red is nowhere to be seen. I have found 2. I have found more silver than queen red but again it is in the single digits. Also their are very few with contrasting roofs in general.

My takeaway is those individuals that ordered their grenadier and walked away, were people who was already stretching their budget to get into one. Or they did not want the trialmaster/fieldmaster plate and wanted the built on purpose plate. But then built out something that had one or two things different. Finally, I have some must haves and this is what's make me so picky. One that has surprised me the most is the saddle leather. I didn't realize how much I wanted it until today. I would take a silver or queens red options buy none of them have the saddle leather.
Consumer choice! It's not always a good thing. I just want milk...

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

My takeaway is those individuals that ordered their grenadier and walked away, were people who was already stretching their budget to get into one. Or they did not want the trialmaster/fieldmaster plate and wanted the built on purpose plate. But then built out something that had one or two things different. Finally, I have some must haves and this is what's make me so picky. One that has surprised me the most is the saddle leather. I didn't realize how much I wanted it until today. I would take a silver or queens red options but none of them have the saddle leather.
I generally agree with your sentiment. Its frustrating seeing dealerships around the country with a large inventory of oddly/lightly optioned Grenadiers C’mon man trucks missing the electric package with the extra switches on the overhead (my personal favorite feature) what were they thinking? Lol… meanwhile ive got a 6+ month wait for my nicely equipped rig.

I wish Ineos had required something like a $500 non refundable deposit to weed out the flakers. Those of us that are serious about the purchase would be enjoying our Grenadiers a lot sooner… They dont seem to be flying off the lots either. I imagine once the 2025’s hit the dealerships later this year there will be a fire sale on these oddball flaker trucks.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score

I agree with your assessment that many of those left on the lots are folks who were ordering the base model and were turned off by the final price.

Currently, everything is moving at MSRP, but it sounds like there will be a few quirky base models available below that as EOY approaches.

RE: Safari windows - I love them, primarily for the amount of light they permit l, and secondarily for the few nice days I've been able to pull them out or vent some warm air out of the roof. It will be interesting to see how I feel about them once the heat of summer is on, I'm not sure whether I'll want to tint them or install some shades.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No regrets re choosing safari roof nor saddle leather.
Nor not having heated seats, despite Tasmania. Too much luxury weakens a man.
There is a meme going around that says something like you know you are old when you added heated seats to help relieve pain in your lower back not to warm.up your body.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am probably a minority but I abandoned my build because of timing as I’ve already posted. I ended up with a more well equipped rig than I spec’d but again it was due to needing a vehicle sooner rather than later. Ineos also would not allow me to switch dealers to purchase the rig I spec’d.

The rig I spec’d was a Scottish White Trialmaster, full roof rack, heated seats, aux battery pack, tow hitch, privacy glass, 17” steelies, utility rails inside and outside, and no safari windows.

Local time
Reaction score
I am probably a minority but I abandoned my build because of timing as I’ve already posted. I ended up with a more well equipped rig than I spec’d but again it was due to needing a vehicle sooner rather than later. Ineos also would not allow me to switch dealers to purchase the rig I spec’d.

The rig I spec’d was a Scottish White Trialmaster, full roof rack, heated seats, aux battery pack, tow hitch, privacy glass, 17” steelies, utility rails inside and outside, and no safari windows.
Did your original build go to Framingham?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
There is a meme going around that says something like you know you are old when you added heated seats to help relieve pain in your lower back not to warm.up your body.
You are getting old when you " had a fall" as opposed to " fell over" 😉

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
While we could have swung a more highly optioned build, we decided to be honest with ourselves and determine what we really wanted out of the vehicle. Base model + paint + lockers and old people sea...er...heated seats was all.

I dig the Safari Windows but couldn't really see using them. We've never had leather interiors so this was no time to start. We couldn't decide how much we liked a contrast roof so we checked prices and can get a contrast roof at the same price locally and pick any color we want. The Saddle leather looks great on the earthier tones to my eye but there are only three items covered. You should be able to add those after the fact in a year or two albeit $$$. OEM accessories will drop in price (used) as more and more manufacturers develop better options.

That left the diff locks as the only must have for us though there's no denying the resale value of the Safari windows. If we bail it will be because the absence of the promised service manual which I believe will severely depress the resale market after the warranty expires.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I came out of a loaded (by my standards) Grand Cherokee.

Will I miss heated, cooled and electrically adjustable leather seats? No, they were a nice to have, not a need to have. I do miss the lumbar support but my bad back has taken to the Recaro seats rather well, so I don't think I need an aftermarket fix.

Auto dipping rearview mirror is something I thought I would miss but the 2-seater cargo barrier is filled with stuff so I can't see out the rear windows anyway. The camera mirror takes care of that. Auto dipping side mirrors may be something I will miss - time will tell.

I definitely miss the start button and keyless entry. It's so much more convenient to touch the door handle to unlock and then push the button to start without having to get the key out of your pocket. On hot days I would leave the engine running when I got out of the car, lock it and do whatever I got out to do (usually pit or coffee stops) and the car would still be nice and cool when I returned. Another benefit was that the caravan DC-DC charger continues to put valuable Amps into the batteries.

One touch window closing - an oversight on behalf of Ineos. Not a deal breaker but a nice to have.

Sound system - I certainly do miss the 10 speaker Alpine audio system. The Grenadier system is appallingly basic and in the base model only has 2 speakers - yes, you hear right, TWO speakers. I'm not a big audiophile and a car is hardly the most conducive environment for high quality sound but when I get into the better half's Mazda CX5 with Bose sound system, I do wish Ineos had done a little better.

My key requirements for a new vehicle were - Inline 6 cylinder diesel engine (tick), ZF 8 spd gearbox (tick), 2 spd transfer case (tick), live axles with coil springs on all corners (tick), decent ground clearance (tick), climate control (they could have done better), electric windows and mirrors (tick), reliability and longevity (yet to be proven but the major components are a good start).

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I felt the opposite about saddle leather. Maybe it goes with some colors, but my Eldoret blue with black roof and black leather seats made that brown leather look so out of place. I think it does look better with some of the other colors though.

I only spec’s the heated seats to make the dash look complete since I live in Florida. There are two empty panels if you don’t get them. But I’ve never had a vehicle with heated seats and def find my 40 year old back reminding me to turn them on almost daily 😂

The one option they didn’t have that I wish they did was a black headliner. I am learning to like the gray headliner, and I think with the amount of light the safari windows let in, it makes it much brighter inside than my old vehicle with black leather, black headliner, and no moon/sun roof.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I love the Saddle Leather and the safari windows in my truck. The two added what, $3500 or so, and every time I get in it I just love the feel of the wheel and pop a window open. There are a few things I wish they had done, probably the biggest is 1 touch up. I thought I would would miss adaptive CC but really I don’t. I think it may be that this truck already takes a little more attention to drive then your average Subaru so lacking the ACC doesn’t really make that much of a difference. Still easy to space off driving but just not quite as much.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love the Saddle Leather and the safari windows in my truck. The two added what, $3500 or so, and every time I get in it I just love the feel of the wheel and pop a window open. There are a few things I wish they had done, probably the biggest is 1 touch up. I thought I would would miss adaptive CC but really I don’t. I think it may be that this truck already takes a little more attention to drive then your average Subaru so lacking the ACC doesn’t really make that much of a difference. Still easy to space off driving but just not quite as much.
I never liked ACC...Soooo happy that the Grenadier has normal Cruise Control.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
I felt the opposite about saddle leather. Maybe it goes with some colors, but my Eldoret blue with black roof and black leather seats made that brown leather look so out of place. I think it does look better with some of the other colors though.

I only spec’s the heated seats to make the dash look complete since I live in Florida. There are two empty panels if you don’t get them. But I’ve never had a vehicle with heated seats and def find my 40 year old back reminding me to turn them on almost daily 😂

The one option they didn’t have that I wish they did was a black headliner. I am learning to like the gray headliner, and I think with the amount of light the safari windows let in, it makes it much brighter inside than my old vehicle with black leather, black headliner, and no moon/sun roof.
Yeah, I am not a fan of the saddle leather (which is only on the steering wheel and e-brake handle). I did not chose this option, I have fully black, which I love. With the headliner, the tan color brightens up the interior in my opinion and I would steer away from black even though it is more practical.

I agree with the original post here, they a lot of the Grenadiers available are base models or simply missing some of the key options which are important to the entire purpose of buying the Ineos.

The Safari roof glass, kind of a must have in my opinion. It makes the Ineos more interesting and cool. Yeah, I hear people about the summer heat, but there are options now for a skylight shield to avoid the sun rays, but kind of like the old classic car saying “when the top goes down, the price goes up”. Vehicles with Safari roof windows will carry a premium when you want to move it someday.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score

Hi
I think you have summed things up perfectly and very similar to here in UK. Plenty for sale but most are missing what now appear to be essential for desirability. Diff locks, high output panels, to name a couple. For me, the saddle leather transforms the interior.

Back
Top Bottom