The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How well do the heated seats work on cloth seats?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
In Australia we are coming to a point in time where we'd like the reverse cycle option to get the seats cool please.
1. Avoid leather
2. Sheepskin works as well as seat heaters, and never burns like leather
3. Don't all you buggers move to Tasmania.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
First real test of the heated seats last night. 2 seat utility, cloth seats. Was out wildfowling (trying, without success, to shoot ducks or geese) and came back to the Grenadier soaked through and cold. Heated seats were fantastic, warmed up the lumber areas as well. Also the main heating worked very well and heated the front area quickly.
Good validation of one of Sir Jim's guiding principles for the design brief: the vehicle had to be warm, dry and comfortable when the driver might be cold, wet and needing shelter (well that was a broad interpretation of what I took to be his intent when he was wet, cold and up to his ankles in mud and cow dung at night tending his herd!):😄
You could send him an email of validation congratulating him !😉

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Too late.
I have leather now and can manage it.
And Tazzie is a 2025 or 2026 trip I think.
Last visit was 2007 - been far too long.
We might cross on the ferry! Planning to go mainland with our van in '25.
If not I guess you'll pop your head in here!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
Mine seats don't heat, maybe because I didn't order any.

My thinking was I didn't them initially, then I rethought the situation when I had to confirm my order, but was prevented from changing.

My only complaint, is the blanks on the centre dash look spoil the look.

I wonder if the seats are prewired for retrofit controls? @DCPU or @Jean Mercier

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
Mine seats don't heat, maybe because I didn't order any.

My thinking was I didn't them initially, then I rethought the situation when I had to confirm my order, but was prevented from changing.

My only complaint, is the blanks on the centre dash look spoil the look.

I wonder if the seats are prewired for retrofit controls? @DPCU or @Jean Mercier
I don't recall which member, but someone took his seat apart to install a lumbar pillow - perhaps he can chime in on the seats internals.

As for the blanks, they may look empty, but give you a useful spot to add something - mount a CB radio head, put a USB port, etc.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It does highlight that one man’s meat is another man’s poison. Some think that the missing controls spoils the look of the dash whilst others look at that gap/s as prime real estate for another switch to add at their leisure or somewhere to mount a bracket etc.

Me personally (I may have already said this) I ordered the heated seats for the other half as she likes them and unless it is bitterly cold I won’t have them on as heated seats in general make me feel like I have p*ssed myself after more than a few minutes 😀

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if the seats are prewired for retrofit controls? @DCPU or @Jean Mercier
I don't know if the inside of the seats is prewired, what I know (from my early visits to the dealer before delivery) is that the connectors are present under the seats (see picture below), but I didn't analyse further, it is still on my " to do" list.

As for the blanks, they may look empty, but give you a useful spot to add something - mount a CB radio head, put a USB port, etc.

This is also on my to do list :) , but I didn't dare to dismount that panel yet (I tried, but was afraid to break it)..

20230303_151033.jpg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know if the inside of the seats is prewired, what I know (from my early visits to the dealer before delivery) is that the connectors are present under the seats (see picture below), but I didn't analyse further, it is still on my " to do" list.
The yellow connectors are (usually) airbag only; unless they are using those extra pins on the end (the white and blue-ish connectors inside the housing) for heat controls

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The yellow connectors are (usually) airbag only; unless they are using those extra pins on the end (the white and blue-ish connectors inside the housing) for heat controls
Hmmm ... are you sure? Airbags under or in the seats? I really think it is for the heating system.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are airbags in the front seats AFAIK that deploy from the outer side.
OK, I went to my car and checked. Every place where there are airbags have the airbag symbol. Nothing in the front seats.
There are airbags in the pillars between the front and back doors.

I could be wrong, but I looked back at a video of the crash tests, and at first view I don't see airbags going off in the seats.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
OK, I went to my car and checked. Every place where there are airbags have the airbag symbol. Nothing in the front seats.
There are airbags in the pillars between the front and back doors.

I could be wrong, but I looked back at a video of the crash tests, and at first view I don't see airbags going off in the seats.
Hi Jean, I think you are to Grenadier what SImon is to Land Rover. That's a compliment.
Now you just need a 3-D printer. DaBull

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah - based on the seat cover threads, I was under the impression there were airbags inside the seats themselves. Makes sense if there aren't though.

Back
Top Bottom