The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who opted for fabric seats?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
I tend to get quite dirty and dusty wearing the same clothes in the desert for a couple of weeks. :oops:
Easy to clean dirt and dust. Not easy to clean coke, red lollies , chocolate , old wheel bearing grease and oil!
So, choose your poison wisely!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
I'd like some covers but very wary of the effects on the seat airbags...

As and when I buy seat covers I tend to buy model specific ones and make sure they are airbag compatible. The manufacturers are onto the airbag situation as it will worry most people.

Find something else to be concerned about DCPU, as and when you are ready I think you won’t have a problem getting something perfect for your IG 😃

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:55 AM
Reaction score
sort of 'chaps' for seats type - cut away crotches where the bag is located

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Fabric for me in the Trialmaster.Leather is hot to sit on in summer.Seems silly to cover leather for the next owner (in 20 years when I won't care)I'll get some mudproof covers in due course - or perhaps just sit on a towel.I had an 80 series Landcruiser with cloth seats for 12 years - and 3 growing sons and some rough use all round failed to damage the fabric.
Well I went for fabric as the South Australian deserts can be around the mid forties when I work out there so leather could make things a bit awkward wearing shorts!!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:55 PM
Reaction score
Well I went for fabric as the South Australian deserts can be around the mid forties when I work out there so leather could make things a bit awkward wearing shorts!!
It ranges from below zero to 40 where I live , so fabric has me comfortably covered!
Actually now we have sheepskin rugs (not covers) we will be able to take off the seat and use on camp chairs on chilly nights.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
Right looks good. I'd imagined special stitching or thread rather than velco.
After looking at their website they now have stitching, the older types I remember had Velcro and there may have been compliance issues

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
these black leather seats don't look black to me in any pic. they look dark grey. can anybody confirm this.
The black leather seats that are a current option in the Grenadier, are very black and have white contrast stitching, which gives them a very nice sporty look. The black seats shown above this post, (post #237 by DCPU), looks like a possible prototype and is likely an Alcantara type suede looking fabric. That fabric looks black to me, however most suede fabrics have a hand to them, meaning if you brush your hand over them one way, the sheen can change. This may be where you are seeing a bit of grey. Alcantara fabrics are often long lasting, and keep you from sliding around in your seat. Often seen in Porsche's and other high performance sport cars. Sometimes you can option it on a steering wheel, although I do not personally recommend that as the oils in your hand can build up and ruin the look. DaBull

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
I also got cloth with covers and seat heater for ease of cleaning and figured covers would hide leather anyway. I do like leather and have it on my other non off-road cars, but figure this car will get much more dirty more often.

Back
Top Bottom