The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who opted for fabric seats?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
It pays the bills and buys the Grenadiers
I’m not saying we shouldn’t do it, it is clearly essential. I have worked in the industry and celebrate Australian innovation in it.
It simply holds less space for individual expression than the industries that turn those raw materials into complex products, where ideas are made manifest into ‘objects’ not ‘volumes’.
So when it comes to synchronising profession and identity, like an artisan or a product manufacturer might, it’s pretty tough.
Australians find their own equilibrium with a concept of ‘work/life balance’ and ‘working for the weekend’, as stated above.
Just some thoughts on how/why that might differ from Northern European conceptions of work, having lived and worked in both.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not saying we shouldn’t do it, it is clearly essential. I have worked in the industry and celebrate Australian innovation in it.
It simply holds less space for individual expression than the industries that turn those raw materials into complex products.
So when it comes to synchronising profession and identity, like an artisan or a product manufacturer might, it’s pretty tough.
Australians find their own equilibrium with a concept of ‘work/life balance’ and ‘working for the weekend’, as stated above.
Just some thoughts on how/why that might differ from Northern European conceptions of work, having lived and worked in both.
we certainly learned a lot during COVID that we need to become a lot more self sufficient and manufacture more here.
Also create more value add employment.
We now have a thriving manufacturing industry making medicines and vaccines which were mostly imported.
Shipping dirt overseas has a finite life to it and doesn't employ higher skill levels
Most of our inventions were sold or given to overseas companies.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
A quality Yahoo Serious reference!

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
You have the nationality right but they lived in Sydney In 2003 Lars and Jens Rasmussen through their Sydney company, Where 2 Technologies developed software that was acquired by Google to become Google Maps.
Ute: The ubiquitous ute was designed in 1934 by Lewis Bandt at Ford in Geelong, the ideal vehicle for the farmer or tradesman.
All 100% accurate and there are a buttload more.
1922 Ford Model T Pickup Truck:
1922.jpg

But apparently, Gottlieb Daimler developed a pickup truck in 1896: https://mercedesblog.com/gottlieb-daimler-built-the-worlds-first-truck-in-1896-how-did-it-look/

Maybe that Wikipedia entry on Australian inventions was written by an Australian ;) All in good fun!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's something we inflict upon foreigners.
Now , back to the fabric seats for a moment.
1. Do they repel beer?
2. I presume the cupholders accept the company glasses
beer.JPG

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
It's something we inflict upon foreigners.
Now , back to the fabric seats for a moment.
1. Do they repel beer?
2. I presume the cupholders accept the company glasses
View attachment 7798201
They repel Fosters, which is - apparently - not actually beer. They will also repel Budweiser, Bud Lite, Coors, Coors Lite, Red White and Blue, and Pabst. They will not repel microbrew, which is real beer, and capable of permeating any and all seat fabric.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They repel Fosters, which is - apparently - not actually beer. They will also repel Budweiser, Bud Lite, Coors, Coors Lite, Red White and Blue, and Pabst. They will not repel microbrew, which is real beer, and capable of permeating any and all seat fabric.
Excellent news! I love a car with a beery taint! Far better than some synthetic gene altering scented thingy attached to the rearview mirror.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My wife's just bought a pair of utilitarian sheepskin items that can be used on the seats and on camp chairs , for when it gets chilly (even in the desert)
They seem well made and are padded.
We do not want something permanent , and why pay to have the whole seat covered when it's only your back and arse that matter?

sheep fur

pt888

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife's just bought a pair of utilitarian sheepskin items that can be used on the seats and on camp chairs , for when it gets chilly (even in the desert)
They seem well made and are padded.
We do not want something permanent , and why pay to have the whole seat covered when it's only your back and arse that matter?

sheep fur
Just bought a pair. Thanks for the post (y)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent news! I love a car with a beery taint! Far better than some synthetic gene altering scented thingy attached to the rearview mirror.
young family members have this in their car - it's all the rage with the surfer set but smells shocking & I refuse to be a passenger.

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 8.13.39 am.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They wouldn't want one that said Bees Wax would they?
Sex sells...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom