The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who opted for fabric seats?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
I see if you order the leather you have to have heated seats. I wonder if it has a cool function - not much use for heated seats In Queensland.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Hm. the guy
Hm, - A/C connected .. to body may be risky. But its his health - not mine. -"Its cool man" - really ?
I did learn a bit on human body temperature, immune system and other topics.

I did opt for heated leather seats. Thats fine. - Had once a rented Mercedes Benz S 320 Hybrid Diesel - with adaptable seats, heated, autoadjusting in bends, massaging, aired. Lots of stuff that seem convenient but also a topic of failure.
Leather is okay - a proper air condition, park heater, heated seats. Fine. Leather needs regular treatment, - and textile also. washable, - so there is a lot of mites, bacteria, skin particles, dust that can go inside the textile and need to removed. If someone is prone to allergic reactions (household dust) Leather might be the better option.
To me is a matter of personal taste - In cold weather a leather seat feels more cold than textile seats - but - I wear proper clothing, -and if I am off to hunt in Winter, then I wear anyway electric heated underwear and socks, evtl gloves that are switched on once I am out there. There is nothing more ugly - loosing focus when pain in toes or bum gets cold and bladder seems full. Also if outer garment is extremely thick on shoulders - there is no way to put the rifle stock properly into shoulder. - So if there is no control in the rifle there will be no proper aiming and hence not hitting the target. - So why go hunting if not all parameters match. Car, Seats - and personal equipment should be aligned. - The same in warm conditions. - Sun protected. sufficently cool, - protected from insects and other annoying . But not in a way that looks foolish and is hindering me.
So no tubes and hoses at the body.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
- and textile also. washable, - so there is a lot of mites, bacteria, skin particles, dust that can go inside the textile and need to removed. If someone is prone to allergic reactions (household dust)
Back in the day , it is said that life was rough , short and smelly :LOL:
Nowadays with modern medicine we have reduced it to rough and smelly.
Which is what a Grenadier is all about ;)

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back in the day , it is said that life was rough , short and smelly :LOL:
Nowadays with modern medicine we have reduced it to rough and smelly.
Which is what a Grenadier is all about ;)
People in the past lived also more "intense". And that is what I expect to get back. Spent a significant part of my life in a rather sterile office environment.
If in London in Embankment and King William Street.. there is more Pret A Monger shrink wrap life. Is that really a life.. in tailored suit, - shoes sitting there discussing on financial options, data latency and weekends golf? Flying between FRA or DUS and LCY, LHR, DUB, ? Not anymore. I am glad this has ended.
No more downtown meetings, squeezed in a tube, .. looking on walls of concrete. Instead Trees, birds, deer, hare, ducks, geese, boar..
grass,sand mud, rock .. prefer other challenges now. .. and an IG with some comfort but no overkill in technology.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
People in the past lived also more "intense". And that is what I expect to get back. Spent a significant part of my life in a rather sterile office environment.
If in London in Embankment and King William Street.. there is more Pret A Monger shrink wrap life. Is that really a life.. in tailored suit, - shoes sitting there discussing on financial options, data latency and weekends golf? Flying between FRA or DUS and LCY, LHR, DUB, ? Not anymore. I am glad this has ended.
No more downtown meetings, squeezed in a tube, .. looking on walls of concrete. Instead Trees, birds, deer, hare, ducks, geese, boar..
grass,sand mud, rock .. prefer other challenges now. .. and an IG with some comfort but no overkill in technology.
We were discussing this at work today
Generally in Australia work pays for your life.
Everything that isn't work is your life.
If your job is damaging your life it is the wrong job

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do not like the talking about work-life-balance at all. Off course the work wil seldom be 100 % fun but it should be a part of your life and not the opposite of it! Therefor it should give your life some sense.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
If I'm honest, I am hoping that bringing an IG - and hopefully with it a local club - will help fill my weekends.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do not like the talking about work-life-balance at all. Off course the work wil seldom be 100 % fun but it should be a part of your life and not the opposite of it! Therefor it should give your life some sense.
I suggest this is to be expected when one’s economy is based on extractive industries.
Destroying landscapes to separate the dirt you can sell from the dirt you can’t is not food for the soul.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I suggest this is to be expected when one’s economy is based on extractive industries..
It used to be sheep. We would extract the wool.
How do we feel about extracting cow skin for Grenadier seats :LOL:
Life is full of awkward questions that have several answers!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And gives the world the copper, lithium, gas and iron ore to build replacements for coal fired power
Not to mention our great invention such as
  • the electric drill for use with the 10mm sockets and others
  • Variable Rack & Pinion steering
  • wine casks
  • Black box flight recorder
  • escape slides for planes
  • Baby safety capsules for cars
  • Bionic ear Cochlear implant
  • Pacemaker
  • Plastic spectacle lenses
  • Pacemaker
  • the ute/pickup
  • Refrigerator
  • rotary clothes line
  • Rotary mower
  • Power board
  • Polymer bank notes
  • Note pads
  • Google maps
  • stump jump plow
  • Self erecting tower cranes

Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
Not to mention our great invention such as
  • the electric drill for use with the 10mm sockets and others
  • Variable Rack & Pinion steering
  • wine casks
  • Black box flight recorder
  • escape slides for planes
  • Baby safety capsules for cars
  • Bionic ear Cochlear implant
  • Pacemaker
  • Plastic spectacle lenses
  • Pacemaker
  • the ute/pickup
  • Refrigerator
  • rotary clothes line
  • Rotary mower
  • Power board
  • Polymer bank notes
  • Note pads
  • Google maps
  • stump jump plow
  • Self erecting tower cranes
Are you just having a laugh, or is my memory worse than I thought? I think google maps was invented by a couple of Danish software engineers, who started in C++, and then it was bought by Google. I think the pickup truck was invented by Gottlieb Daimler - right? And then Henry Ford came up with the name "pickup" truck (or is that just American revisionism?) I don't know about the other stuff, but I think you've had a few too many Fosters 😁

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you just having a laugh, or is my memory worse than I thought? I think google maps was invented by a couple of Danish software engineers, who started in C++, and then it was bought by Google. I think the pickup truck was invented by Gottlieb Daimler - right? And then Henry Ford came up with the name "pickup" truck (or is that just American revisionism?) I don't know about the other stuff, but I think you've had a few too many Fosters 😁
You have the nationality right but they lived in Sydney In 2003 Lars and Jens Rasmussen through their Sydney company, Where 2 Technologies developed software that was acquired by Google to become Google Maps.
Ute: The ubiquitous ute was designed in 1934 by Lewis Bandt at Ford in Geelong, the ideal vehicle for the farmer or tradesman.
All 100% accurate and there are a buttload more.

Back
Top Bottom