The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who opted for fabric seats?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
Put like that it seems a decent trade off. 👍

Although, I've taken some stick at home for specing the compass with altimeter.
I too have spec'd the compass + altimeter. The compass I will generally find useful, my current two cars' satnav flip from North Up to Head Up when they feel like it regardless of settings. The altimeter - well why not.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Lawn needs a mow old mate. ;)
It's the wettest spring in my 50 years here.
I have enough work slashing grass and cutting next year's firewood without worrying about the small green patch near the house!
I used to have wallabies and pademelons reducing it to bare soil visible from google earth , but with massive effort I fenced them out as we like having a large garden!

pt888

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My gun club is usually staring to dry out by now and we mow carefully (to avoid starting a fire), but we are mowing like crazy to keep the grass down and snakes out. Last night I shot and it was like early winter 4C.

definitely heated seat weather! And I forgot to hit the recirc button as I was drivng out behind a convoy (about a 5 k dirt road). Dust in the car, quick vac and wipe this morning, all gone - leather.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
A bit back on task, I have no idea on cost but I came across KATZKINs on the web. I’ve never heard of them but in looking over their site it looks like a promising path for AC seats. I know that AC seats introduce a potential pitfall (which is why they are not a factory option) but I can’t think of another option that would make long drives more comfortable.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
A bit back on task, I have no idea on cost but I came across KATZKINs on the web. I’ve never heard of them but in looking over their site it looks like a promising path for AC seats. I know that AC seats introduce a potential pitfall (which is why they are not a factory option) but I can’t think of another option that would make long drives more comfortable.
I never had cooled/ventilated seats in a car but I really would like to try them in warm weather. Do you really think that the AC seats have not been offered because they might bring problems with them? As the heated seats yet have the power supply it seems more like a question of costs to me. An AC seat would probably be to expensive as standard and the ordered quantities of it as an option would be too low.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t think of the decision to omit the option as cost but rather avoiding something that could break and be expensive to replace. I believe that‘s why the seats are not powered. The setup for AC is much more complex than heated ones which basically have wires that get hot run throughout them.

Having said that, and as someone who gets a seriously sweaty back, the award is worth the risk.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The standard Recaro seats are fantastic
Particularly the leather ones

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I always turn on the ventilated seats when driving the wife's car. Whilst not a/c, the airflow through the seat back is very pleasant up here in FNQ.

Local time
Reaction score
Katzkin seem to be the best after-market leather seats here in the U.S. They are not just a seat cover, they replace the existing seat material. I've driven a Jeep with Katzkin seats and they were great: high quality leather, excellent fit, and the seat heaters worked perfectly. I don't know anything about their compatibility with cooled seats though.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
Starting at which price ... ?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am sure the Ricaros are great, which makes me hesitant to alter them, but my sweaty back on the other hand...

Local time
Reaction score
I am sure the Ricaros are great, which makes me hesitant to alter them, but my sweaty back on the other hand...
Maybe give Katzkin a call if it is important to you, and ask about how they work with Recaro. Or you could call a Katzkin installer in New Jersey, and ask them the same (maybe you get better advice from an installer - as opposed to the corporate HQ).

Local time
Reaction score
I never had cooled/ventilated seats in a car but I really would like to try them in warm weather. Do you really think that the AC seats have not been offered because they might bring problems with them? As the heated seats yet have the power supply it seems more like a question of costs to me. An AC seat would probably be to expensive as standard and the ordered quantities of it as an option would be too low.
I think some of the choices made by Ineos with regard to what tech to include and what tech is "too complicated" for the Grenadier are a bit arbitrary. For example, they offer heated seats, but not a heated steering wheel.

Back
Top Bottom